Nutrients BIOTABS HELP, CUSTOMER FEEDBACK & GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

...you're talking about your water pH and EC here? Fill me in, is this still coco, new pots, and you just recently set up the Tab's? If so, then it's fine to add some Ca-Mg since the Tabs aren't releasing much yet,.. It does look like Mg defc., probably is, but some others can start out with similar symptoms,.... I'd also treat with a foliar spray, either a micronute supplement or epsoms (MgSO4)... you'll need a wetting agent or mild soap like castile, no fragrance, so it coats and sticks better; spray tops and bottoms of leaves,...
As for the water, seriously look into using better quality; 8.4 says brutally hard, which is the worst for coco which needs to run lower than true soil pH, about 6.0.... sure you can pH down it, but that still is a "temporary" fix, and the carbonate load plus all that extra Ca, free or not, is still going in and raising overall EC cumulatively, which will have negative consequences down the line,...

Yep, still coco.
Plants are 31 days old and have been in 15L pots from day 1, so the biotabs are live and kicking for some time.

I have not adjusted my water at all or provided any calmag, they are getting worse by the day and spreading, so I will adjust the ph with ph down as that is all i have right now

That’s for the advice, my water used to be 7.3 but water board must have fucked with it some more. I do need to look at a solution for it.

I have boom boom spray can that be used as a micro supplement?

So....

I have a calmag issue

Epsom salts only addresses mag deficiency
What can be used for calcium or is there an organic combo that doesn’t cost the earth?

I have used shogun calmag to address this but I think this may kill off the good bacteria.

Hey folks, I have been using the biotabs starter kit with great results so far. Is there anything outside the starter kit I should think about adding? I’m going to be ordering again soon so just wondering what else may be beneficial.

Hey folks, I have been using the biotabs starter kit with great results so far. Is there anything outside the starter kit I should think about adding? I’m going to be ordering again soon so just wondering what else may be beneficial.

Bio PK or PK Tee mate. Either will do the job nicely.

Bio PK or PK Tee mate. Either will do the job nicely.

Thanks Hippy, I ordered both to try out. Question...I also ordered the silicum flash as I use r/o water, can I discontinue calmag additives or is that still required?

I'd hold off on ordering from biotabs as I ordered Aug 5th and yet to receive anything. Not sure if this is "normal" but I've also emailed a Kees at Biotabs with no recent reply. I was told my order would "reship" on Sept 10th but have not received anything yet, including no reply to my recent inquiry. I'm open to a refund at this point because 60 days is a little crazy to wait for anything in 2018.

I'd hold off on ordering from biotabs as I ordered Aug 5th and yet to receive anything. Not sure if this is "normal" but I've also emailed a Kees at Biotabs with no recent reply. I was told my order would "reship" on Sept 10th but have not received anything yet, including no reply to my recent inquiry. I'm open to a refund at this point because 60 days is a little crazy to wait for anything in 2018.
im sure its just a mix up mate id hit them up here and on all other social media send another email if all that fails im sure @Biotabs F69 can help you out just might have to wait a few days

Back