Indoor Bichon_Buzz's ongoing wardrobe grows

nice harvest,good growin.
airpots are expensive as is soil.another grow before you make up your mind ?
there is another biobizz thread somewhere sour.d Ribbbzzy and hairy are growing some mighty fine looking plants with biobizz nutes.
keep er lit.
:pighug:

Cheers Archie, yeah following and inspired by @Ribbzzy and @hairyman

No final decisions on anything yet but I have 3 22l airports so it's an option and the extra would cost circa 10 euro. I'll see how the blue and critical tat are on airpots finish off in the wardrobe over aug and into September

A couple of observations and brain farts :)

I've 3 plants at various stages now that i'm really happy with - what have they got in common?
I seem to have finally discovered/stumbled upon the 'sweetspot' distance from the lights during early veg. Stretching has been a regular issue but am hopeful that on of the factors causing this has been resolved.
Re-potting technique has changed. Instead of removing the young plant from the seedling pot and stressing it I'm simply cutting the bottom out and placing this in the larger pot.
Finally I've being using duck commander's feeding schedule along with crushed eggshells for cal and Epson salts for mag.

I am also considering changing from my usual 4 x 11lt to 3 x 22lt pots in the next grow. 66lt medium rather than 44lt is a no brainer?

You got it all switched on, great observations, as for bigger pots, this guy says it all
I've grown in airpots for 7 years. Photos and autos and I love the pots for a myriad of reasons, but I honestly think they are better suited for photoperiods. You can start seeds/clones in prop cells and then pot up so that root development explodes into the bigger pot. The results are mind boggling! These pots start trees and the owner of airpotusa is savy enough to welcome cannibis growers with welcoming arms.

If you're deadset on airpots I agree with @Vorkosigan comment above and it's best to choose size according to your set up, but your medium in said airpots will determine the size of the plants in addition to your environment. I use red bottoms with tupur and I can get decent size med to tall plants in those with photos.

For autos I'd say go as big as you can afford and have space for. My growing experience has taught me that the longer that auto taproot has to travel, the bigger your plant will be. I've yet to get big autos in soil with my redbottm pots. Ive grown in all the popular brands of soil including buildasoils modern mix 2.0.

In coco I could grow trees in the red bottom airpots. Tupur is not quite as good as straight coco, but darn sure good enough for growers who can source it. I also have a blue bottom airpot that grows mini trees, but I rather grow my California 6 in smaller pots rather than 1 big one since I can keep my COBs right on top of them for a good canopy blast of PLC goodness. Again these pots start trees so the bigger the better in soil, the smaller the better for coco. I've seen 6ft single cola plants grown in prop cells only. The possibilities are endless with airpots!!

Sorry for the long post but I try and give insight with details to help you see different sides of the coin and the fun about these plants is that you can keep on experimenting to your heart's desire. I tend to use my Mephisto freebies for experiments so I don't waste my paid for seeds. Thanks again@Mitch and crew!

Farmer Dee, Monday at 6:37 PMRepor

I personally trying to get smaller and smaller but I just messing ,depends what you want , I like little pots they a challenge, and I got plenty of weed lol, enjoy it youlle find what works for you, and it's archie who knows his stuff :thumbsup:, I just a one trick small pot pony :coffee:, hope that helps pal, I try and do it with less and less, lol I am doing this wrong lmao, you are finding walking the path easy, stoned on cheese:hookah: throw ya ideas out , I trying thiis rhyso bug thing on some new girls and getting 1 ltr airpots for a trial soil, space watts all cost yea sorry for the waffle
:pass:
And this thread teaches everything you need to know about what bio bizz can do and bending em I think https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hazys-auto-night-queen-grow.47863/page-8

Last edited:
Tend to recycle some soil into the garden. Here's what can happen when some ripe seeds have fallen from plant to that soil...
15002331614061696974864.jpg

Cheers Archie, yeah following and inspired by @Ribbzzy and @hairyman

No final decisions on anything yet but I have 3 22l airports so it's an option and the extra would cost circa 10 euro. I'll see how the blue and critical tat are on airpots finish off in the wardrobe over aug and into September
Since moving down to 3 gal smart pots, my yields have dropped. So I'm going back to 4 gallon (15 liter) smart pots. Bigger pot, bigger root mass. Im toying withn the idea of tiering using a smaller plastic pot, see If I can get that tap root extended a little more. Anything to squeeze size

Since moving down to 3 gal smart pots, my yields have dropped. So I'm going back to 4 gallon (15 liter) smart pots. Bigger pot, bigger root mass. Im toying withn the idea of tiering using a smaller plastic pot, see If I can get that tap root extended a little more. Anything to squeeze size

Thanks @Ribbzzy , that was my thinking re bigger root mass and why i'm thinking 3 x 22l airpots 'should in theory' give better yield than 4 x 11l. Really, it is a case of looking at various options for maximising the small grow space I have (without spending too much!)

Thanks @Ribbzzy , that was my thinking re bigger root mass and why i'm thinking 3 x 22l airpots 'should in theory' give better yield than 4 x 11l. Really, it is a case of looking at various options for maximising the small grow space I have (without spending too much!)
It's a no brainer. The only reason I stepped down was greedyness, less soil, less feed, less money, but then try and maximise what you've got. But after 18ish months, back to 15 liter for me. I just wasn't getting the same size plants.

Swings and roundabouts, :thumbsup:,:woohoo1:,
too true, what's good for the goose, aint always good for the gander
:rofl::shooty:

Back