New Grower Berry Bomb.... First time Grower... Ever!!

Wuts up everyone??!!! Pretty juiced as yesterday i got the wall up and sealed the area now ready for some co2.... that will come when i get more money tho lol. Here is a pic... within the last 10 days the plants have grow quite a bit.. now measuring about a lil over 2 ft tall each... will post single plant pics this weekend but here is a room shot. Happy friday!!!
515a00f21b3e368bcc51d19b90753a7a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wuts up everyone??!!! Pretty juiced as yesterday i got the wall up and sealed the area now ready for some co2.... that will come when i get more money tho lol. Here is a pic... within the last 10 days the plants have grow quite a bit.. now measuring about a lil over 2 ft tall each... will post single plant pics this weekend but here is a room shot. Happy friday!!!
515a00f21b3e368bcc51d19b90753a7a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looking great my brother!

Hey dude

Followed you over from the highest yielding auto thread, where you asked my advice.

Took me a bit to read through your diary. Is this plant still alive?

2f027111bdf410473e6d3042b83c80c7.jpg

That is damping off or stem rot caused by too much moisture and temps to low. It's an infection that can spread through the rest of your plants through your recirculating system.

If she's alive and recovered without infecting the others you dodged a bullet.

So my advice:

Stop adding stuff, no more totes and especially no co2. Make changes very slow over time. I usually won't change/add more than one thing a grow, because i'll never know what gave me my results.

Many people will have a couple good grows and then fail every time afterwards, because they never learned how each thing affected their grow.

With hydro the ideal thing would be to start with one simple bubble bucket and one light for your first grow then add a couple more, etc.

Using the big totes is not a good idea, you end up spacing your plants out too far and will require far more light because of that. Simple black 5 gallon buckets with a net pots would work better imo. Don't run out and make changes just think about it for your next grow.

Ditch the multi medium next time and stick with stones or pebbles, always wash the hell out of clay pebbles first because they are alkaline and will throw off your pH.

Seems like you've made kind of a wilma system and you may want to find a wilma grower for feeding advice when you get in flower.

Personally I would rather have res temps of 60f than put a heater in my res on purpose. That's another reason to hold off on co2 to utilize it you need higher room temps way more light and heat and a chiller for your res.

So finish this grow, then simplify your next one dramatically. I guarantee your yields will increase if you do.

Hey dude

Followed you over from the highest yielding auto thread, where you asked my advice.

Took me a bit to read through your diary. Is this plant still alive?

2f027111bdf410473e6d3042b83c80c7.jpg

That is damping off or stem rot caused by too much moisture and temps to low. It's an infection that can spread through the rest of your plants through your recirculating system.

If she's alive and recovered without infecting the others you dodged a bullet.

So my advice:

Stop adding stuff, no more totes and especially no co2. Make changes very slow over time. I usually won't change/add more than one thing a grow, because i'll never know what gave me my results.

Many people will have a couple good grows and then fail every time afterwards, because they never learned how each thing affected their grow.

With hydro the ideal thing would be to start with one simple bubble bucket and one light for your first grow then add a couple more, etc.

Using the big totes is not a good idea, you end up spacing your plants out too far and will require far more light because of that. Simple black 5 gallon buckets with a net pots would work better imo. Don't run out and make changes just think about it for your next grow.

Ditch the multi medium next time and stick with stones or pebbles, always wash the hell out of clay pebbles first because they are alkaline and will throw off your pH.

Seems like you've made kind of a wilma system and you may want to find a wilma grower for feeding advice when you get in flower.

Personally I would rather have res temps of 60f than put a heater in my res on purpose. That's another reason to hold off on co2 to utilize it you need higher room temps way more light and heat and a chiller for your res.

So finish this grow, then simplify your next one dramatically. I guarantee your yields will increase if you do.

hey man yes you did find it... glad you made it lol... so i do appreciate the words of wisdom and will really take what you said into consideration for my next one... yea i was thinking about how much it has changed from the begining and thought to myself... wow i cant believe they are still alive lol.. the one with stem rot is still alive. it looks like it just recovered and is now hitting the expolsive growth that the others have been in for the last week or so.. its slowly catching up... i was honestly debating just pulling it to save my other ones because i am aware that it can definitely spread... but whenever i get ready to.. its like i feel bad and change my mind... (yes i really do look at them like they are my babies..) so happy i didnt because as i said it looks like it might have recovered.. then again it might not have yet. lol and i could be shooting myself in the foot.. but thats a risk im willing to take... lol as for the setup i know i seen a lot of people who use the 5 gallon buckets... imo i feel like it may take time but eventually i will tame this system like a wild beast and will be glad i did... i dont think im going to go simple even if it would be easier... as for the medium... yea i learned my lesson with that.. next grow is only going to be perilite... as for temps... with the 2 hps running at full power it raises the temp to about 86ish so thats my reasoning for the co2.. the res heaters is because the totes are sitting directly on concrete which made the water too cold.. once i threw those heaters in they seemed to love it and showed me by drinking alot more liquid.when it starts heating up outside i will definitely take them out... as of now i dont plan on adding or changing anything until between this and the next grow i was just sick and tired of claiming something when i knew i culd have done way better... as of right now i would say im about 60 percent satisfied with the setup (yes i have really high standards for myself..) i didnt mean to shoot down most of your advice, i hope you know that... i will definitely take all of it into consideration before i start my next one... all i can say is im stubborn.. i feel like this might be some greatness here if i can get it all dialed in.. i am expecting some failure... but thats what makes us learn right??

hey man yes you did find it... glad you made it lol... so i do appreciate the words of wisdom and will really take what you said into consideration for my next one... yea i was thinking about how much it has changed from the begining and thought to myself... wow i cant believe they are still alive lol.. the one with stem rot is still alive. it looks like it just recovered and is now hitting the expolsive growth that the others have been in for the last week or so.. its slowly catching up... i was honestly debating just pulling it to save my other ones because i am aware that it can definitely spread... but whenever i get ready to.. its like i feel bad and change my mind... (yes i really do look at them like they are my babies..) so happy i didnt because as i said it looks like it might have recovered.. then again it might not have yet. lol and i could be shooting myself in the foot.. but thats a risk im willing to take... lol as for the setup i know i seen a lot of people who use the 5 gallon buckets... imo i feel like it may take time but eventually i will tame this system like a wild beast and will be glad i did... i dont think im going to go simple even if it would be easier... as for the medium... yea i learned my lesson with that.. next grow is only going to be perilite... as for temps... with the 2 hps running at full power it raises the temp to about 86ish so thats my reasoning for the co2.. the res heaters is because the totes are sitting directly on concrete which made the water too cold.. once i threw those heaters in they seemed to love it and showed me by drinking alot more liquid.when it starts heating up outside i will definitely take them out... as of now i dont plan on adding or changing anything until between this and the next grow i was just sick and tired of claiming something when i knew i culd have done way better... as of right now i would say im about 60 percent satisfied with the setup (yes i have really high standards for myself..) i didnt mean to shoot down most of your advice, i hope you know that... i will definitely take all of it into consideration before i start my next one... all i can say is im stubborn.. i feel like this might be some greatness here if i can get it all dialed in.. i am expecting some failure... but thats what makes us learn right??

I think it's safe to say, your setup is blowing everyone's mind... because it's your first grow. But the scale of like 10 people's first grows just with the fact of all the changes and stuff you are doing. Not sure how you do it man.

Truly impressive. Have a nice slap for a job well done! Keep it up and like Jingo is saying basically, don't over do it! We wanna see nice end yield from all your hard work.
:slap:

I think we need higher sprayers, and maybe some sort of layered system, like shelves the roots reach, fill, and overcome towards the next one...I'd like roots that are proportionately sort of like this.

de8d631889538a8a6fb2066c57ced6d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

No sweat, your doing way better than I did on my first grow.

I learn everything the hard way
One thing I learned is that I make a system and the next day I have an idea for a better system! It's like buying a new cell phone, there's always a better one hitting the market the next day...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back