Indoor Autotron's organic super soil perpetual grow

I've heard about that whole slurry deal, but honestly, that's just too much work for me. Those Accurate PH8 soil probes are supposed to be the best soil pH testers out there according to many folks. It's probably not necessary for the seasoned growers with more experience than me, but I am really big into making sure I have a solid grasp of the factors behind my grow so I can keep on track and quickly diagnose any problems if they pop up instead of guessing or assuming. So much of learning about growing is anecdotal advice and experience, so I try to get a hold of solid numbers when I get the chance. I started with an El Cheapo Chinese pH meter from Amazon and honestly, it did a pretty good job and didn't need to be calibrated often. I've since upgraded to an Apera PH20, which is more mid-range and not as fancy as the Hannahs or Blulabs. I think it's fabulous quality for the money though and it always gives me an accurate reading. I test it often with GH calibration solution.
the A8's are the shit man! wont grow without one in the tool box

Might try adding some magnesium, tbls of Epsom salt per gallon of water, things will improve..

@Nobighurry They're all looking pretty good to me actually. That Sour Crack in the one gallon is just putting on her autumn colors at the end of her life cycle. In fact, she's ready to come down within the next few days. Virtually all the pistils have browned up and the calyxes are nice and swollen. Tons of frost and the trichomes are cloudy with about 15% amber. I may take her down tomorrow night actually. I'll get a pic up before I do. This will make her 60 days old, which is a record for me.

The other Sour Crack in the two gallon has another week or so to go. She's definitely more bushy and leafy and should deliver some primo buds as well. She is dripping with resin. I got some on my fingers as I pulled some branches to the side and peered into the middle to make sure there was no bud rot. My fingers smelled just like Skittles candy.

My White Crack and AvT are looking mightily fine and in stretch mode. I'm really glad I didn't pull that AvT when she was runty because she definitely bounced back. I hit them with a teaspoon each of Uprising Bloom and Foundation along with ground malted barley, earthworm castings and mulch. I also planted a Double Grape seed on Saturday night in a rapid rooter and put it in the other pot I had from the AvT that didn't germinate. I've been keeping it moist and lightly covered with a clear plastic cup.

@BISCUITS that Serenade definitely has some stink to it! The smell went away by the next time I checked the tent though.

Some shots from the tent. I put in a couple pics of the Sour Crack in a one-gallon that's ready to get the chop in a day or two. On the back right is the Alien vs Triangle that had a rough start. I moved up the light a bit for her as she was showing a bit of light stress. The White Crack is on the top left. On the bottom I have the second Sour Crack in a two-gallon that is ready to come down soon too.

I think the pictures get turned sideways because I strip the metadata from them before I post them. No clue how to change that. @Son of Hobbes do you know how to rotate them while using site on a tablet?
2259EF9C-E2EF-4AB1-84AD-D3CA6F8D345F.jpeg
08FC1D07-FD5B-4144-A2B6-44B7DA84C092.jpeg
C20B44EC-129A-46CF-9D1D-E3B23E1AAD69.jpeg

Nice lil lot of buds my friend . Buds everywhere on her. She should surprise you on yield.

Btw my pics are always sideways too. No idea why!

Nice lil lot of buds my friend . Buds everywhere on her. She should surprise you on yield.

Thanks man! You've given me a ton of great tips and I'm grateful you've tagged along and offered your advice. Barebones organic TLO supersoil type growing is a fine art and difficult to become adept in. I think that's why I've been enjoying this grow so much. Soil/coco or hydro and synthetic nutes is a breeze compared to this. I look forward to learning more and getting better with each iteration.

Just wait til you get dialed in and it will get almost boring with the lack of mixing and measuring and what not and basically giving water. Most of us have been conditioned by the fertilizer companies and I had a bottle addiction so to speak for years. It was all supposed to be organic too but I have come to learn that that can mean almost nothing. Now I just worry about feeding my worms the right things.

Tent shot from tonight. The Sour Crack in 1-gallon will get the chop tonight. I trimmed off all her fan leaves yesterday. The Sour Crack in the 2-gallon will be coming down pretty soon too. That one is just swollen with fat dense colas from to to bottom, but also has a ton of foliage, which is common for this strain. In the back right side is the AvT which is coming along fine despite the droopy leaves. Not entirely sure what is causing that. I see some purple stripes on the fan leaf stems, so perhaps it's just overwatered. I'll check it tonight to see. Back left is the White Crack, which is looking a lot like the Sour Crack. In the foreground is a Double Grape that just emerged from the soil today. I was relieved to see it germinate. I'm probably going to pop a 3 Bears OG and Strawberry Nuggets soon to keep her company in 2-gallon pots. My TLO soil has cooked for 30 days, so should be ready to use by then. Last week, the pH of the soil was 5.8, but a couple days ago, it was reading at 6.2. Once it hits 6.5, I'll consider it ready to use. I'll still stick a good sized plug of plain Biobizz Lightmix in the center so that the seedlings don't burn.

03E7D6FB-A907-490B-B760-644623C145CD.jpeg

If Anyone out there knows how to upload photos so that they aren’t sideways please let us that don’t know how to do it correctly. @Autotron the avt does look a lil over watered. Have you given them anything?

Back