Indoor Autotron's organic super soil perpetual grow

The White Chem seed I started germinating last night is already showing a tail, so I put together another Rev-style layered pot in a 2-gallon felt pot and planted her. I put a Forgotten Cookies seed in the paper towel to take her place. I think I'll wait to germinate any more so that I can stagger things a bit more.

It's handy having a 400w HPS and a 55W AutoCOB in my 4x4 with the number and size of plants I'm growing at all different stages and heights. I have some flexibility as far as moving them and the COB around the tent to make sure everyone is getting the right amount of light for the stage they're in without having to fuck with the height of the HPS too much. I may even get another one of those AutoCOBs for my tent sometime in the next few months. They're such strong, efficient and mobile lights. With my 400w Hortilux Super HPS and an additional AutoCOB, I can pump out some good blue and red spectrum in each half of the tent by pushing my HPS towards the back of the tent and keeping the COBs towards front. I use my Lux meter to see how many lumens I'm getting in different areas. It's not as good a metric as PAR, but it still gives me an idea of where I can get the most bang for my bucks when it comes to positioning plants.

The White Chem seed I started germinating last night is already showing a tail, so I put together another Rev-style layered pot in a 2-gallon felt pot and planted her. I put a Forgotten Cookies seed in the paper towel to take her place. I think I'll wait to germinate any more so that I can stagger things a bit more.

It's handy having a 400w HPS and a 55W AutoCOB in my 4x4 with the number and size of plants I'm growing at all different stages and heights. I have some flexibility as far as moving them and the COB around the tent to make sure everyone is getting the right amount of light for the stage they're in without having to fuck with the height of the HPS too much. I may even get another one of those AutoCOBs for my tent sometime in the next few months. They're such strong, efficient and mobile lights. With my 400w Hortilux Super HPS and an additional AutoCOB, I can pump out some good blue and red spectrum in each half of the tent by pushing my HPS towards the back of the tent and keeping the COBs towards front. I use my Lux meter to see how many lumens I'm getting in different areas. It's not as good a metric as PAR, but it still gives me an idea of where I can get the most bang for my bucks when it comes to positioning plants.

Couldn’t agree more in the COB ..... very adaptable / excellent supplement light or single plant grow!

I took the AvT and White Crack out of the tent today to get a good look at them and also to top-dress them one last time before I let them cruise to the finish line. I estimate they should be ready by the end of the month, another three weeks or so. I gave them each a tablespoon of Roots Organic Uprising Bloom and a teaspoon of Roots Organic Uprising Foundation along with a couple handfuls of new earthworm castings I got from build-a-soil.

All the other new seedlings are looking great and the Double Grape, which is 2-3 weeks old is looking like a champ. She took off running and is putting out some vigorous vegetative growth. I'll get a picture of her next time. I put two Jobes 2-7-4 spikes in the pot and top-dressed her with a sprinkling of Great White, a teaspoon each of all three Uprising blends along with a tablespoon of freshly ground malted barley, 3-4 handfuls of EWC and a thick covering of mulch. I'm hoping she doesn't get burned, but I feel like she can handle it.

AvT
7AE9592E-888D-41FA-A563-0881EC72151B.jpeg
3A870367-C871-445D-8939-011FA577F442.jpeg

White Crack
F38B73BC-B7B7-4D3E-B80A-24157B57A155.jpeg

How old are your babies? Also looks like a phosphate deficiency starting up maybe calcium too. I hope it isn’t a lock out or pH problem from over feeding. I don’t know what all you gave them so idk. Hopefully just hunger.That AvT turned out to be your best looking plant. Also with those Jobe spikes you either need to put them in when building your container and get them soaking wet after placing in pot to hasten their breakdown or crumble them up almost into a powder and add some kelp and maybe alfalfa or other stuff. If you do not do this they don’t break down fast enough and you will find them in your soil after harvest when you go to remix your soil. That’s all fine and well for your future soil but we want that shit NOW! Btw since I changed to doing this I no longer run into phosphorus deficiencies and need to add less calcium too because bones and feathers are full of calcium too. I think I am switching up to 3gal square fabric pots too. I am doing a side by side grow with GhoatToof and like what I see which is bigger plant bigger buds and overall happier plant. A 2 gal smart pot holds 6 quarts of soil when filled to the brim (which mine never are with an inch or so of mulch) so it’s really around 1 1/2 gallons which just isn’t enough nutes to last the full grow and I will have to supplement more towards the end especially with hungrier genotypes. I aim to be mostly all water only with the occasional tea. By water I mean Coots super water and plain H2O rotated and by teas I mean mostly SST’s with maybe one or two EWC teas at two and six weeks. Btw the Rev has moved away from layerings and just uses the spikes instead with a bottom and top dressing. But if it works for you rock it out. I myself have never used them because with the rich soil,spikes and top/bottom dressings the nutes should be covered. I also don’t like any unprocessed fertilizer bits anywhere near my young roots as they burrow through the soil.

@BISCUITS They are both about 55 days old. I was thinking the exact same thing regarding Phosphorus and possibly Calcium deficiency. I definitely haven't been over feeding them, so I don't think that's it. They are in 2-gallon smart pots filled with Roots Organic soil that I blended with 2-4 teaspoons each of Roots Organic Uprising Grow, Bloom and Foundation dry mix along with EWC and perlite, if I remember correctly. I let it cook for a few weeks in a five gallon bucket and put a plug of Biobizz Lightmix in the center to start the seedlings. I also did the malted barley, EWC, 2-7-4 plugs and mulch treatment once they hit stretch. Since then they've been top-dressed once or twice with a teaspoon or so of Uprising Bloom and Foundation before yesterday's addition outlined in my previous post. This was before I had my TLO 2.1 mix ready to use. Since then, I've been doing it straight up TLO style with the bottom dressing, manure blend bottom layer, spikes, etc. The Double Grape will hopefully show the fruits of my efforts to improve. These ones and the Sour Crack were me progressively adding TLO principles to my grow.

Maybe I'll add a little GO CalMag+ and fish emulsion to my next watering tomorrow to get them some P and Ca faster.

I'll definitely keep that tip regarding the spikes in mind. You've gotta be well ahead of the game with organic soil. I did actually find a partially processed spike in the 1-gallon Sour Crack pot after I harvested. Those two Sour Crack are curing now and smell and look outstanding!

What is Coot's "super-water"? I've heard great things about his soil mix and it looks pretty simple to mix up with less ingredients.

Super water recipe per 5 gal H2O
1 Tspn kelp meal/flour
2 Tspn alfalfa meal/flour
Bubble for 24-36 hours then add
2 tspn FulPower
2 tspn Agsil silica
2 tspn Aloe Vera flakes
2 tspn coconut water flakes
You could probably water with this every watering but I usually do every 2nd or 3rd. Along with SST’s once a week and a compost tea once or twice for the whole grow.

Some tent pics and some pics of the two different Sour Crack in the jars. Don't rip on me too hard for my trim job! I pretty much vape flower exclusively and some stray sugar leaves don't seem to make the quality of the vapor any worse. White Crack on the left and AvT on the right in the back of the tent. Double Grape below then along with all the other Mephisto seedlings. @mephisto come check out some gratuitous bud shots of your genetics!

EEEB9F58-E278-4346-8F58-A7FD2BFCD386.jpeg
C76C329B-E909-45F7-BCD0-063BE924E2F7.jpeg
84777EB5-411D-4857-9404-14B79D7FD047.jpeg
9C3EB95E-D94B-49C6-B4BD-51DD4A32326E.jpeg
3A63E8B0-4933-43E0-9545-34FBF41A11D0.jpeg
D6FE661F-46A9-4412-A46B-E76055E57C4A.jpeg
501BA853-0AE4-40E0-98C4-3F188D357D0B.jpeg
F0FF7B39-C5AE-47AD-9D69-FAE8356C1C53.jpeg
A2AF540B-C209-45BD-95B5-99B1ECDA845C.jpeg

Last edited:
How is the funk level on these strains. Could I grow them in an apt without a filter.? White Crack, AvT, and White Chem?

How is the funk level on these strains. Could I grow them in an apt without a filter.? White Crack, AvT, and White Chem?

The White Chem is still a seedling so I'll have to report back to you on that one. I think the smell level of the White Crack and AvT are low to medium when they're just sitting there. I have a carbon filter in my tent, but it doesn't reek inside the tent when I open it and I don't get anything pungent or lasting slipping past the filter. I am super strict about smell as I live in a state that hasn't seen the light just yet as far as home growing, so I personally would never grow without a filter. I think you could most likely run these ones without one though as they're not emanating gassy skunky fumes like some other strains I've grown like UK Cheese. Some strains I dub "The Telltale Heart" because they make me nervous when certain people come over because I get paranoid that they can smell it when they come in.

So far I have risked SODK,Hubbabubbasmelloscope,Stilton Special and that auto Malawi x NL that stunk to high heaven.Along with some OG’s,Pineapple Express a few Cookies and many others that I have forgotten about. Come to think about it that is pretty risky in an illegal (as for the moment) State.

Back