Humboldt Seed Organization Autotron does HSO UK Cheese - Hydro, COB

I swapped out the solution with 3 gallons of a new one. Basically the same as my last transition one and the one that @Olde School Player recommended. I also set my light to 18/6 yesterday to hopefully get this girl moving. No new signs of flowering. If I don't see any blooming by Sunday, I'm probably going to put it on 12/12. I also removed the circulation pump. Today was the first day I pulled the netpot completely off the bucket. The roots are enormous. I had to carefully weave the electric cord out of the mess of roots. The airstones were clean, so that was good. I moved all four of them around so they're all equally placed around the bottom of the bucket.

New brew solution:

Armor SI - 2ml/gallon
CalMag - 4ml/gallon
GMB - 5ml/gallon of each
RapidStart - 1.5 ml/gallon
Floralicious Plus - 1ml/gallon
Diamond Nectar - 5ml/gallon
FloraBlend - 2.5 ml/gallon
FloraNectar - 2.5ml/gallon
Hydroguard - 2ml/gallon

This took my PPMs up to about 875-900. I made 4 gallons of solution, but only put 3 gallons in the bucket so that there was some air space between the netpot and water level. I still have a gallon of solution left to top up if needed. I'll be watching the pH closely. I added 3ml of pH Down gradually over the course of a day to the solution and it took the pH to 6.3. From past experience, the pH will drop daily over the next 5-7 days and I'll need to adjust it up. After that it seems to settle. I'm trying to be careful about adjusting it initially with the goal of stabilizing it early on. We'll see how that goes.

Well, she's still growing and looking great at 46 days old, but no movement forward on flowering. She's about 22" tall and 24" wide. I don't think I'm gonna wait any longer or she's going to continue to grow like a beast. I'm going to flip her to 12/12 and hope she'll flower. Hopefully the genetics aren't fucked and I can still get her to finish like a photo. @HSO-Mark, just a heads up here as far as your genetics.

On the bright side, pH and PPMs are holding steady. Everything looks great aside from the fact that she hasn't auto'ed.

Hey @HSO-Mark , are you guys working on any new auto strains at the moment? If so, anything you can share with us about them?

Not at the moment mate, we are working on a few new autos to add to the HSO line but in til they are perfect we won't release :pass:

We do have a new photoperiod strains coming soon. Shhhh

Kind regards

Mark..

Glad to help @HSO-Mark , hope you enjoyed your vaca. And question for you, is Humboldt still producing EmDog? If I recall correctly it was a photoperiod backcross of Dr Greenthumbs ChemDawg#4 to an OG Kush parental.
And, any plans for a ChemDawg Autoflower derivative? Thanks in advance, be seeing ya!

Hello my friend, yes, we still carry Em dog by B-Real from Cyprus hill and you are spot on with the parentage. She's a cross between OG kush and chem#4 :pass:

https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/buy-cannabis-seeds/dr-greenthumbs-em-dog-by-b-real/

We do have more aitos planned and 2 of those are heavily ChemDawg influenced but the time is not right just yet for release. When we do we will bring these new strains 1st to AFN :thumbsup:

Kind regards

Mark..

I have heard of some growers encountering this, but normally from lesser known seed strains, Humboldt is top shelf IMHO. But at day 41 I'm already worried... Drop to 18 hours of light & give it another week, then switch from transition to bloom nutes. If that doesn't trigger a more profuse bloom you can go to 16 or even 12 light. BUT, if you have to drop to anywhere near 12 hours to force bloom, I'd be suspicious that you accidentally got a photoperiod seed rather than an auto.
@HSO-Mark your thoughts? Any possible reports from your production facilities of any mix-ups or accidents with photo's rather than auto's?

Now this is a strange one and the 1st I've come across with the HSO Auto line. Is she just growing like a photoperiod strains, putting out pre flowers but not actually entering bloom?

I have seen this with AutoDinafem but I must say it's ultra rare. Let me have a chat with the boss to see if we have had any reports back from other growers :pass:

Let me see what I can find out brother :bong:

Kind regards

Mark..

@HSO-Mark , Here's some pics of her from just now. As you can see, she is definitely not flowering like an auto should at this point. I just switched the lights to 12/12, so I am hoping she will flower like a normal photo, at least and not have any genetic issues that prevent her from completing a flower cycle. You might want to re-examine this strain's genetics if you see this with other growers.

0811181402.jpg
0811181402a.jpg
0811181403.jpg
0811181403a.jpg

Well, I noticed what looks like definite signs of early flowering on the tops yesterday. So, this is very good news! I'm kind of torn though. I'm wondering if this is due to switching the light to 12/12 or if she just decided she was finally ready to bloom on her own. She's only had three nights of 12 hour darkness up to this point, so I'm not sure if that's enough to be seeing these changes already. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever truly know, as I don't want to take the risk of adding more hours of light and having her hermie or go back into veg.

Did quite a bit of defoliation when I switched her to 12/12, as I figured I could treat her like a photo and be a bit rougher. :naughtystep:

Didn't seem to stunt her as she's put on another 1.5" in height. I'm hoping she doesn't get too enormous! I'd still like to complete this grow using only the one AutoCOB and I'm a little worried that if she gets too big, all the buds will suffer in size. I definitely plan on clearing out any larfy growth and big fan leaves at the bottom early on, so that she can focus her energy on the buds up top.

I'll post some pics later.

Well, I noticed what looks like definite signs of early flowering on the tops yesterday. So, this is very good news! I'm kind of torn though. I'm wondering if this is due to switching the light to 12/12 or if she just decided she was finally ready to bloom on her own. She's only had three nights of 12 hour darkness up to this point, so I'm not sure if that's enough to be seeing these changes already. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever truly know, as I don't want to take the risk of adding more hours of light and having her hermie or go back into veg.

Did quite a bit of defoliation when I switched her to 12/12, as I figured I could treat her like a photo and be a bit rougher. :naughtystep:

Didn't seem to stunt her as she's put on another 1.5" in height. I'm hoping she doesn't get too enormous! I'd still like to complete this grow using only the one AutoCOB and I'm a little worried that if she gets too big, all the buds will suffer in size. I definitely plan on clearing out any larfy growth and big fan leaves at the bottom early on, so that she can focus her energy on the buds up top.

I'll post some pics later.

Hey Autotron, I think it was a great decision to switch to 12/12 when you did. I was going through the same situation with my plant, but waited. It is only now showing signs of early flower at 74 days or something like that. Also have a small space, so wish I did it when you did.

The plant will respond, I am sure. Will anxiously await new pics!

Last edited:
My seed breeder said that since ruderalis was only 15%of genetics, sometimes photo genes take over, and I should trigger flowering with a 12/12. It seemed to work with one plant, but not with the other. The other stopped all pistil growth when I turned the lights back up to 18-6. So, now I have both on 12/12 and the slower one is responding finally.

It happens. I call mine photo auto.

Here's an update on where she's at. She's currently at 56 days old here. The AutoCOB w/reflector is at 14 inches from the top of the canopy. I think she's pretty much finished with stretching and is just starting to bloom. I've had her on 12/12 for about a week now. You can see in the photos that I've done quite a bit of extensive defoliation to open her up. I've got 12-15 tops at an even canopy across the top and about as many second-tier ones below those, so I think I'll have a bunch of good solid colas hopefully. I got some close-ups of the tops so that everyone can see where they are in flowering.

I just brewed up a new solution geared towards early bloom for her. I'm giving it a day to let the pH level out before I adjust the pH initially, let it rest another 8 hours or so, adjust pH again as needed before I toss out the old solution in the reservoir and replace it with this one. I'm curious to see how this Terpinator works out. The directions call for a whopping 10-30 ml/gallon which just sounds outrageous to me. So I opted for 50% of the lowest recommended dosage during flower. This is also my first time adding Liquid Kool Bloom, so I've been trying to follow @Olde School Player 's recommendations for nutrient strengths at this stage.

Early Bloom solution formula (all measurements in ml/gallon)
To 4 gallons of bubbled tap water, I added the below in this order and in the following ratios.

Armor SI: 2 ml/gallon
CaliMagic: 4 ml/gallon

Micro/Grow/Bloom were added at 75% strength of standard GH recirculating schedule for Early Bloom
Micro: 5.6 ml/gallon
Grow: 1.9 ml/gallon
Bloom: 7.5 ml/gallon

RapidStart: 1 ml/gallon
Floralicious Plus: 1 ml/gallon
Liquid KoolBloom: 1 ml/gallon
Diamond Nectar: 5 ml/gallon
FloraBlend: 2.5 ml/gallon
FloraNectar: 2.5 ml/gallon
Hydroguard: 2 ml/gallon
Terpinator: 5 ml/gallon

0819182247.jpg