Humboldt Seed Organization Autotron does HSO UK Cheese - Hydro, COB

Great job growing very similar to mine be prepared for frosty skunk buds with nice tricomes an a great affect .

Great job growing very similar to mine be prepared for frosty skunk buds with nice tricomes an a great affect .

Thanks man! You grew out a UK Cheese too? You got a journal of it? I'd love to see how yours went.

Thanks man! You grew out a UK Cheese too? You got a journal of it? I'd love to see how yours went.
Yes i believe its in a huge thread with tons of different plants I grew out called poetry of plants mine was very compact with tons of buds verydense .

Well thing's certainly have become active in here since my last visit, which is great to see :thumbsup:

I would have been in a lot sooner but my annual vacation was due. Now I'm back so I'll be dropping in atleast a couple of times a week :pass:

Your off to a really nice start, a bit rough in the beginning but now things look dialed in the plant looks to be growing well :thumbsup:

This should be a fun flower show to watch and I'll be front and central as it unfolds.

@Olde School Player Thank you for being around, showing support and advice with this grow. This is why we love the AFN platform :pass:

I'll keep dropping in to see how things are progressing. So far looking good my friend :bong:

Kind regards

Mark.

Glad to help @HSO-Mark , hope you enjoyed your vaca. And question for you, is Humboldt still producing EmDog? If I recall correctly it was a photoperiod backcross of Dr Greenthumbs ChemDawg#4 to an OG Kush parental.
And, any plans for a ChemDawg Autoflower derivative? Thanks in advance, be seeing ya!

Last edited:
@Autotron , she's looking great, Not surprised your ppm's settled around 750 - for one, we have similar plants but different genetics; and for two, you are running much less light than me. Mine has stabilized around 920ppm, but I shocked the piss out of her yesterday when I dropped in my 325W LED at 18". Raised her to 28" today and she's acclimating beautifully. Once she hardens to the increased light I think she will grow to it just fine. But you, stay where you are at 14". Like you say, with your wattage and ppm's she's a happy girl.
I also think you're on track to just keep the transition formula where she is - 5mL per gal. is about 65% strength and that's completely reasonable. And glad to see you changed your light schedule to 20/4. I'm just not a fan of 24/0. I know you can do it, but it's harder on your equipment (no cooling cycle) and somehow it just doesn't seem natural. Plus, with only single preflower pistils showing, I think that will trigger her to start a full-on bloom & finish stretching. Probably that will be your trigger for a change over to an early bloom formula at around 65%, maybe even 50%. See what she does at the end of transition and match that when you dilute your early bloom formula.
I also agree on disconnecting the top feed. DWC's really take off when you can have a good air gap between the bottom of your net pot and the nutrient mix below so that the root ball is exposed to oxygen 24/7. Those air stones will keep pumping and that air has to go through which really makes DWC do all it can do.
Another thought, your plant is right where I like to get my LST firmly established. Based upon your current structure I'd go about 1/3 of the way up your plant from where the branches start, run a string all the way around the plant and fasten it snugly. This will keep keep all of the side branches / secondary leaders in their current position and prevent them from splitting as you start lowering all of the side branches. Then go about 2/3 of the way out each side branch, loop a string, pull it down a bit and secure it to your cage. Only drop each branch 2 - 3" per day so they develop a nice curve rather than crimping. Tighten each LST a bit each day until you have trained all branches horizontally, and to a nice even canopy height with all branches. Keep in mind that the auxins in the plant will flow to the highest branch and try to make it dominant. But within about a week of diligent LST you can equalize this and all the node points will get an equal share of auxins AND light. This can make a huge difference in the number of quality colas the plant will produce. There will always seem to be one or two (usually the original primary and secondary leaders) colas that grow most, but the others will try to catch up if trained.
This is also a good time to do some heavy leaf pruning. My rule is, if you can't tuck it, f@c# it... I mean cut it. Try it, you'll like it!!!

@Olde School Player , at what point should I be worried that it won't kick into flower? I've seen some people post about their autos never fully kicking into flower. I've never had that issue, but I've also never had a plant go this long without blooming in earnest. I kind of figure that it's taking this long because I'm growing hydro and in a good sized bucket and it may have stalled a few times along the way. Have you ever had this issue with one of yours? I suppose I can always set the light to 12/12 and hope that it flowers, but I don't know if I'm at the point where I should be worried yet. She's still growing like a beast. Each knuckle still has two sets of pistils on each side.

I have heard of some growers encountering this, but normally from lesser known seed strains, Humboldt is top shelf IMHO. But at day 41 I'm already worried... Drop to 18 hours of light & give it another week, then switch from transition to bloom nutes. If that doesn't trigger a more profuse bloom you can go to 16 or even 12 light. BUT, if you have to drop to anywhere near 12 hours to force bloom, I'd be suspicious that you accidentally got a photoperiod seed rather than an auto.
@HSO-Mark your thoughts? Any possible reports from your production facilities of any mix-ups or accidents with photo's rather than auto's?

It can happen to even the best breeders seeds. But in hydro and if u said possible stalls due to errors or whatever it may not be abnormal to go 100 days. I’ve seen a lot of hydro grows go pretty long. Yield is very rewarding for the extra time but quite a few extra days. That’s the thing keeping me from going hydro. I like short times. Like said above start cutting light to encourage flowering.

I had a dinafem Kush-n-cheese auto I had to flip the lights to get to flower. Dinafem is also top notch Breeder.

I grew out a RQS NL in hydro and it took almost 130, didnt flower til about 55-60 days. Took forever but got 7oz of smokable and an o or 2 of larf and trim. Stick with it bro it looks like it's going to be huge!

Back