Autopots and Coco

PeaceLove&Buds

Grey Pride we’re old we’re angry get off our lawn
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Homegrown!
I love to experiment and try new things. In my tent, failure is always an option because that’s where success lies. Sometimes that failure is simply that I didn’t like what I was trying and I moved on. I hope I like Autpots though, as a coco guy who fertigates every day it seems very cool. I’ve read how there is great potential for headaches using them with coco which intrigued me even more. So here we go!

Ripley’s OG is 12 days old and will be soon ready for the autopot. The roots should be well established first so I’m waiting til the leaves are closer to the edge of the pot. The system comes with an air dome but I have perlite in there so I’m not using it this run, just the air base.
IMG_2875.jpeg

I set it up, confirmed it operated then turned off spigot at the pot and ran a 24 hour leak test. All good. I had an extra Briggs and Stratton valve and I’ll think I’ll buy more, the stock one works fine but I trust the B&S more.

IMG_2874.jpeg

I use a lazy susan in my tent (grandparents’ 1950s coffee table) so that’s why my tank is up higher. I’ve got a small pump going in the tank on a timer to circulate the nutes. I installed that quick connect there so I could easily drain in to a bucket then take the plant out if necessary without overusing the connection at the spigot and there’s enough tube there for the table to turn 270 degrees in either direction.
IMG_2873.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg

The setup is obviously the easiest part. I’m looking forward to getting started and adding my own tweaks while having some fun along the way. Go for it headaches and give me your best shot!

@JP1 I have read many people saying the same thing. That will be something new to me because I’ve never had a problem with a plant before, not even a spot on a leaf that wasn’t from splashing nutes. So troubleshooting could be a bitch 🤣 Maybe I’ll get lucky and coast through it 🤞🏻

@JP1 I have read many people saying the same thing. That will be something new to me because I’ve never had a problem with a plant before, not even a spot on a leaf that wasn’t from splashing nutes. So troubleshooting could be a bitch 🤣 Maybe I’ll get lucky and coast through it 🤞🏻
I tried a lot of things. Spent about 2 years playing with them. I'm rooting for you since I'd like to pull my set out of the attic and get it running again. I've thought about vegging in the autopots and then flushing and switching to DTW since I'm setup for that now. They veg great in autopots no matter what nutrients I tried. But I always ended up with massive plants with tons of loose buds at the end :pass:

I tried a lot of things. Spent about 2 years playing with them. I'm rooting for you since I'd like to pull my set out of the attic and get it running again. I've thought about vegging in the autopots and then flushing and switching to DTW since I'm setup for that now. They veg great in autopots no matter what nutrients I tried. But I always ended up with massive plants with tons of loose buds at the end :pass:
I bought two 2pot systems because I grow perpetually but I’m doing just one bean in case of failure. I’m running my coco and nute schedule since I have everything here but plan to try a different coco and nutes next run anyway so that’s plan b for now. Plan c is to shelf them and figure it out in about 8 months when I’m done working every day to finish paying off my house 😆

I watched some autopot vids and did some reading and I guess I’ve still got a ways to go on the hand watering. When I read 10-15 days recommended I didn’t realize that was AFTER a transplant of an established plant 🤦🏻‍♂️😅 I dropped my bean in its final pot like I always do and in every vid and article it was a transplant. Makes sense now if you’re anticipating a long hand water period to get fresh coco hitting the wick so we’ll see. First experiment I guess will be how early can I turn it on and get away with it but that was destined to happen anyways. Same plan as always, go with the gut think positive and manifest abundance. ✌🏻

I watched some autopot vids and did some reading and I guess I’ve still got a ways to go on the hand watering. When I read 10-15 days recommended I didn’t realize that was AFTER a transplant of an established plant 🤦🏻‍♂️😅 I dropped my bean in its final pot like I always do and in every vid and article it was a transplant. Makes sense now if you’re anticipating a long hand water period to get fresh coco hitting the wick so we’ll see. First experiment I guess will be how early can I turn it on and get away with it but that was destined to happen anyways. Same plan as always, go with the gut think positive and manifest abundance. ✌🏻
Should be about 3-4 weeks from sprout. When leaves are as wide as the pot. But it's fine a little sooner

Back