Lighting Autocob Madness

@Madness total of 8 cobs 4 Autocobs along with the Timber as the center piece the other 2 Autocobs will go in the back. In the beginning I didn't think there would be enough light for the space. You think it will? 8 to 10 plants depending on how much soil mix I have and amendments

I believe your measurements of your room is about 5ftx5ftx8ft , correct?

If so I feel as though that's a good amount of lighting. @BigSm0 i believe has 10 autocobs in his 4ftx10ft space and he is growing monster plants with beautiful nugs. I have 4 in my 2ftx4ftx6ft tent(I actually plan on getting more as well but I'm also growing photos)

8-10 plants sounds like the perfect number for that area. In my old 4ftx4ftx6.5ft tent I was running 8 and got them to around 3-4ft in size. Although that was with a 600w or 1000w I'm sure it'll be even easier with the autocobs because of the no heat issue.

I believe your measurements of your room is about 5ftx5ftx8ft , correct?

If so I feel as though that's a good amount of lighting. @BigSm0 i believe has 10 autocobs in his 4ftx10ft space and he is growing monster plants with beautiful nugs. I have 4 in my 2ftx4ftx6ft tent(I actually plan on getting more as well but I'm also growing photos)

8-10 plants sounds like the perfect number for that area. In my old 4ftx4ftx6.5ft tent I was running 8 and got them to around 3-4ft in size. Although that was with a 600w or 1000w I'm sure it'll be even easier with the autocobs because of the no heat issue.

5x5 is correct. What's the recommended distance to keep these at I read somewhere 30 inches

5x5 is correct. What's the recommended distance to keep these at I read somewhere 30 inches

It honestly depends. I'm still looking for the perfect height as well. I started off @ 30" with the clones till they started growing a bit then I lowered it to 24" give or take an inch. At one point the stretch on my sticks had them about 14-16" away from the light and they were fine but I was worried about hurting them so I raised to ~19" and that's where it has stayed for the last 20 or so days.

It all depends on a bunch of different variables so you'll have to test yourself to see what the best distance is. I might raise mine a bit because I have seen people say that the higher they have them(around 30") the better they thought their plants reacted.

Also, all of my grow is towards photoperiods. Apparently autos don't need as much light as photos so they are more sensitive to the lights.

Edit: one nice thing about the autocobs is that you can put them anywhere and even have some lowered and some higher. So say if you have one strain that really didn't stretch much you could lower the few autocobs you have or just one that is above the strain down while keeping all of the others up higher to prevent bleaching or stressing the plants.

I seriously love talking growing, just sayin. :bighug:

Last edited:
THX @BigSm0 these Autocops are AWESOME fast shipping my room lighting is complete beans came also. @Madness what ya think
20180120_120426.jpg

20180120_120544.jpg

THX @BigSm0 these Autocops are AWESOME fast shipping my room lighting is complete beans came also. @Madness what ya think
View attachment 853152

View attachment 853153

Damn it's looking good in there! I wish I had a room like that to work in again. Oh the glory days. Haha. You might want to push those back 2 autocobs out a little more like the front ones depending on how much room the plants take in the back area. You definitely want a good spread of light.

Either way I'm pumped for you. It's just a matter of time till you're pullin good harvests out of there.

Also, I'm jealous of the cob shop sticker. I think my girlfriend threw the shipping box out that had the sticker in I so I couldn't throw it in my tent:/

Damn it's looking good in there! I wish I had a room like that to work in again. Oh the glory days. Haha. You might want to push those back 2 autocobs out a little more like the front ones depending on how much room the plants take in the back area. You definitely want a good spread of light.

Either way I'm pumped for you. It's just a matter of time till you're pullin good harvests out of there.

Also, I'm jealous of the cob shop sticker. I think my girlfriend threw the shipping box out that had the sticker in I so I couldn't throw it in my tent:/

:thanks: Yeah I planned on moving the back ones just excited and hug them for a picture

Back