Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

Yeah I'd wait. Or put the cobs in dimmed down and slowely increase if that's an option. Lol sorry but I have to get this in there. You could add one at a time. :rofl:

Lol

So wait until current ones are finished and then swap over? Will they 2 mephistos be ok with that? They'll be at approx 4 weeks old at that point.

Thanks for everyone's help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comment. What are you using now?

It's difficult to see a low wattage light be able to produce or be a sole light source so I hope you continue to follow along. The growth at this stage is well ahead of anything I have done in the past. My favorite quote, wattage is a unit of measure and not a measurement of light. This holds true here as the plants I'm growing under low wattage are all doing amazing.

Maybe I need to do a side by side with some eBay cobs.

I looked thru sum of your threads as well as others running the autocobs & have grown similar genetics . I can see they are doing a great job

edit:
Right now for light i have a big mess a mess of varouis things trying to get enough light to big bushy plants, there a few cfl's sum 4' bar lights with lil diodes (in a 40" tent fun fun) and a mars400. even at the true watts they use they all do a sad job esp flowering.

Last edited:
A side by side comparison would be great. Rather than watt vs. watt, I would like to see, dollar vs. dollar.

When it comes down to nuts and bolts, I think the price would be the only hesitation, for the laymen light growers.
I get confused with the LED jargon but, I do know $, and if you can show the difference in dollar vs. dollar, that would be clutch, imo.

I'd love to do one vs my marsII 400 think that would be a good comparison many could relate with.

Upfront cost or value of the yield. To me a few hundred bucks up front is worth a lot less than an extra lb come harvest time. Or cutting serious money off your electric bill each month. I knew inflated wattage claims would be a tough thing for people to overcome.

Most know that most of the industry is At Least half of what there model numbers are n that many are well below half the true watts

And the true wattage draw is only half the story! When you consider how "efficient" normal led's are compared to cobs, that's when it really starts to click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to do one vs my marsII 400 think that would be a good comparison many could relate with.
Besides the better spectrum the autocob puts out as much light as their 300w. I'd bet any amount of money the 55w cob would out perform the 400w version as well. I grow with strictly cobs and always kill the grams per watt. Sure it cost a lot initially but I'm sitting pretty after my first harvest. I couldn't care about cost at this point.

Besides the better spectrum the autocob puts out as much light as their 300w. I'd bet any amount of money the 55w cob would out perform the 400w version as well. I grow with strictly cobs and always kill the grams per watt. Sure it cost a lot initially but I'm sitting pretty after my first harvest. I couldn't care about cost at this point.

It's one of those things that you have to bite the bullet and purchase quality. It will pay itself off first harvest in electricity, quality and yield.

Back