Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

A side by side comparison would be great. Rather than watt vs. watt, I would like to see, dollar vs. dollar.

When it comes down to nuts and bolts, I think the price would be the only hesitation, for the laymen light growers.
I get confused with the LED jargon but, I do know $, and if you can show the difference in dollar vs. dollar, that would be clutch, imo.
This is not scaled this is the actual output of 2 lights. If they were the same wattage the cobs would be off the chart.

130 watts of led
IMG_0967.PNG

This is 36 watts of cobs
IMG_0968.PNG

Upfront cost or value of the yield. To me a few hundred bucks up front is worth a lot less than an extra lb come harvest time. Or cutting serious money off your electric bill each month. I knew inflated wattage claims would be a tough thing for people to overcome.

I understand inflated wattage claims. And I certainly like the idea of a more efficient, lower power usage, LED.
The Autocob is definitely a light, I would buy, and recommend.

I mention $ vs $ because that, unfortunately, is what most beginning growers look at.

Let's say you have a "400w" (177 real watts) popular LED for $175. For price comparison, I could get 1 Autocob or 177w of blurple. One plant, under each, in separate rooms would be great. If Autocob outperformed other brand, that would be huge! If it was close in yield, then power usage would be a good point.
Unfortunately, a lot of small time growers are looking at immediate results.

I agree. That is why there are so many brands available. Cars is a huge one, why would anyone buy a Mercedes when a Kia starts and drives you to work. Tools, these ebay brands are like buying pitsburg from harbor freight. I know claims suck but lighting is not just down to wattage or spectrum. @MeefChief I know your following, without knowing the wattage of the cob what would guess it was? I can tell you I am still to this day overly impressed that much light comes from a 22mm chip while drawing such a low wattage. Hopefully this journal will help more people understand. I cant believe how there is absolutely zero stretch and my plants are going nuts with such low wattage. The proof is coming.

@BigSm0
I am 3-4 weeks away from my first auto harvest under blurple but have now received my 200w citi cob kit. Would you swap lights now or wait til end of current grow? I also have 2 new mephisto babies in the tent at 5 days old? I'd like to get them under the cobs ASAP I think.

Any advice much appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. That is why there are so many brands available. Cars is a huge one, why would anyone buy a Mercedes when a Kia starts and drives you to work. Tools, these ebay brands are like buying pitsburg from harbor freight. I know claims suck but lighting is not just down to wattage or spectrum. @MeefChief I know your following, without knowing the wattage of the cob what would guess it was? I can tell you I am still to this day overly impressed that much light comes from a 22mm chip while drawing such a low wattage. Hopefully this journal will help more people understand. I cant believe how there is absolutely zero stretch and my plants are going nuts with such low wattage. The proof is coming.

Autocob...the luxury of a Mercedes with the efficiency of a Prius

Without knowing the wattage, I would guess that it's 150-200 watts looking at the thing. The little sucker is BRIGHT.

I made the mistake of looking directly at 200w of cobs when I tested them for the first time. Holy schmoly that's the brightest thing I've ever seen except the sun! Lols

@BigSm0
I am 3-4 weeks away from my first auto harvest under blurple but have now received my 200w citi cob kit. Would you swap lights now or wait til end of current grow? I also have 2 new mephisto babies in the tent at 5 days old? I'd like to get them under the cobs ASAP I think.

Any advice much appreciated :)

sm0 would be best to answer this, but I would question plant shock. I know when you switch photos over from CFL to HPS they shock for 4-5 days. Food for thought.

Back