Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

Autopots are just super easy for me the setup takes my clumsy ass a few minutes but they're expensive at the end of the day I'll have 3 of the 3.9 gal pots each with a airdome and one rez as of now easily $150... Hmmmmm then I see the sale is still going on for the cobs decisions decisions

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
lol blumats and autocobs or autopots and no cobs. :thumbsup:

I would go with the blumats and autocobs. Your going to see a faster return on the cobs so then you can buy the autopots and you got the cobs cheap so you will make more money off them

Blumats are more versatile,u can't run autopot outdoors in the ground/soil beds and are limited to the containers provided (no airpots,smart pots etc...)i do like the wet dry cycle aspect of autopots but the same can be acheived w blumats set up correctly.I've seen blumats pull some serious weight and I'd like to see a side by side comparison blumats vs autopot!!!! Blumats FTW!!!!!!!

Blumats are more versatile,u can't run autopot outdoors in the ground/soil beds and are limited to the containers provided (no airpots,smart pots etc...)i do like the wet dry cycle aspect of autopots but the same can be acheived w blumats set up correctly.I've seen blumats pull some serious weight and I'd like to see a side by side comparison blumats vs autopot!!!! Blumats FTW!!!!!!!

Man I'm telling you these blumats have changed my whole perspective on growing. I actually hand watered the other day cause I felt like I should do something in there lol.

I have been struggling quite a bit lately with nutrients. My time in the grow is limited to a water/feed and maybe a quick sweep and back to work. Since having these in I save close to 7 hours a week and no more nutrient toxic dry pots. I do have some smaller strains in here now but I also have some bigger ones as well. They are by far bigger than anything auto I have grown in my life and keep getting bigger.

Even though I'm running drip clean I did see some frosty salt looking build up on top of one pot. I hanwatered each pot with 2-3 gallons which hopefully helped wash it away and also gave the whole pot a good soak. I'm going to plan this every 2 weeks as the reservoir will last longer than 2 weeks so whatever is left I'll just run it out through the regular hand watering line.

Another thing I'm doing is flipping the little drip hose from one side to the other every day or two. This should help with the roots clumping on one side.

@IzzyTheGrower A blumat patio kit will feed 12 plants and includes everything needed minus res container. The mainline needs replaced with something more flexible but will work if it has too. .....This is a minimum system but will work ,any improvements will make it that much easier

Last edited:
@BigSm0 I'm envious of your blumat groom w all the fancy valves, filters etc lol .I know the "now what do I do, everything is watered?!!" Feeling. The grows I've seen w synthetic ferts do require a flush now and then. I run perpetual organic so I feed by hand 1-2 times a week w earthjuice hi brix a+b,liquid kelp , earthjuice bloom master and catalysts. I literally pull 1 chunky girl out and stab her carrot right into a new girls pot.w all the girls in different stages of growth I couldn't wrap my head around a universal nute regimen to feed thru the blumats...... I am considering a straight Coco run on a few w different res than my organics tho......

@IzzyTheGrower A blumat patio kit will feed 12 plants and includes everything needed minus res container. The mainline needs replaced with something more flexible but will work if it has too. .....This is a minimum system but will work ,any improvements will make it that much easier
I definitely appreciate the info I think I saw the patio kit on amazon for like $50 bucks I may just order a res from the autopot folks with the pre drilled holes... I have a few buckets laying around just no drill

What are we up to 10 votes now for blu mats over autopots hahaha, at first to dial things in I'd start with 4 or 5 girls on the mats and work my way up

@Bigsmo I see your really loving them for you to say your seeing the biggest autos you've grown thats one hell of a statement

U can get a starter 6pack of blumats w everything for $35-40 on ebay, pick up some autocobs and be set to pull a nice harvest. literally cheapest auto water other than diy wick system

U can get a starter 6pack of blumats w everything for $35-40 on ebay, pick up some autocobs and be set to pull a nice harvest. literally cheapest auto water other than diy wick system
Thats what I'm going to grab a perfect amount of mats to get things started [emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji41]

Back