Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

Soil will never be obsolete. Auto pots and organic soil are a match made in heaven!

Thank you sanguine. That makes perfect sense to me. I have basically just done soil only grows since day one but it seems soil is turning a bit obsolete here on afn with all these hydro/automated systems.

Soil will never be obsolete. Auto pots and organic soil are a match made in heaven!
I know just an observation. The amount of soil grows are decreasing though. I'm considering going with the autopots myself. I'd just need 3 of them since I use the flood tables.

I know just an observation. The amount of soil grows are decreasing though. I'm considering going with the autopots myself. I'd just need 3 of them since I use the flood tables.

Wait til I get you to try a SIP bucket, I will make a setup and mail it to you if I have to, you will never be the same again. Grow in soil get hydro type growth. :pass:

Wait til I get you to try a SIP bucket, I will make a setup and mail it to you if I have to, you will never be the same again. Grow in soil get hydro type growth. :pass:
Thank god for google and YouTube. I haven't got a clue about a sip bucket lol. Someone else was talking about a balmut. I just figured it was a typo.

Just learned a valuable lesson, next time I will hold off on the silica as the branches are now hard as a rock and can't be bent any more. For the most part the scrog is filled in completely and the new canopy vs last canopy is in much better shape. There are a few tall branches but it's more or less even.

Another thing that I noticed and finally figured out was the exact time I should start their transition feed. I always hold off on the bloom nutrients as long as possible which allows the plants to grow to their full potential. This time I saw slight yellowing and thought it was a calcium deficiency but it actually seems like they need the bloom nutrients. I fed them a heavier pk and the leaves already look much better.
image.jpg

@born2grow
My last grow and current grow is in here. I still use one Amare but have switched to my DIY and autocobs for the most part. For the 4x8 tent you mentioned with the Amare, you would need 4 Autocobs as well. They cover a 2x2 max and the Amare is 4x4.

I grow autos only in my main space with ocassionally photos in a 5x5 tent outside my room. My goal with the new setup was to make things more manageable. Cobs are the answer for sure but thousands of watts of cobs still adds up quickly. I was fighting a lot of wattage, yields were good but it really felt like a full time job. One of my 5 sections I swapped a 450 watt cob light for a 350 watt cob light. I also spread the cobs 14" apart and added a dimmer. 2 of my other sections I installed a total of 7 Autocobs which is 375 watts that are more spread out and took down 2 350 watt lights.

@born2grow
My last grow and current grow is in here. I still use one Amare but have switched to my DIY and autocobs for the most part. For the 4x8 tent you mentioned with the Amare, you would need 4 Autocobs as well. They cover a 2x2 max and the Amare is 4x4.

I grow autos only in my main space with ocassionally photos in a 5x5 tent outside my room. My goal with the new setup was to make things more manageable. Cobs are the answer for sure but thousands of watts of cobs still adds up quickly. I was fighting a lot of wattage, yields were good but it really felt like a full time job. One of my 5 sections I swapped a 450 watt cob light for a 350 watt cob light. I also spread the cobs 14" apart and added a dimmer. 2 of my other sections I installed a total of 7 Autocobs which is 375 watts that are more spread out and took down 2 350 watt lights.

So do you know how many par/watts the Amare is and lowering your wattage from the Amare se 450 to 350 watts cob are they the auto cobs and did you sacrifice yield due to lower watts

Attachments

• 20170527_074839.jpg
    20170527_074839.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 71
Back