Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

With the cob at 16" high. I measured and nearly double. I went 16" left and it was up 100~umoles then at that 16" left mark I went up 12" and it was 30~umoles higher. Sorry hard to explain, but yes tremendous amount of light picked up. I don't understand where it was being lost at that point to be gained with the reflectors.

Thanks for moving the thread.

Just a recap. 4 hubbabubba from mephisto. 1 was started a week later.

The space is a 4x4 with 4 plants and 4 autocobs. My goal which is low should be achieved and that's 4oz per plant. While that's not to impressive sounding what is great is the fact it's low wattage and will surpass the 2 grams per watt mark.

I started the plants under 2 auto cobs initially. Recently added the third and will add a fourth this weekend. I'm not limited to a large frame or light so expanding them is easy. Hang it and plug it in. The amperage on the autocobs is .49amps so the total will be 1.98amps in total.

Currently I have the 3 cobs at different heights to maxamize the light hitting each plant.

image.jpg

Subbed. I'm definitely going LED for my next grow, I just have to decide what. I've got two months to research!
The best way to figure that out is ask how many grams per watt people are getting. I bet most blurple LED lights are well below 1gpw and probably closer to .5. Leds that you see today are not a miracle. Especially the ones using epistar and brigelux Diodes. Research will help you get what you pay for that's for sure.

Got a few updated pictures. I also added the forth cob making this is one bright little spot!

Cobs are now drawing 1.96amps from the wall and 220watts. There is no door so I can't judge the heat. The plants now are over powered a little, they are really just fattening up and not really growing up. I know this is from the full spectrum of the cobs and the intensity.

IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 129
Figured I'd throw this in too. I have a few mephisto as well under the autocobs. As things change and plants get big, chopped,germinated or moved to different spaces things can really get out of control. This really has been a savior. Hang it, move it, add one whatever you want. Not being tied to a rectangle framed light has been very helpful. I had some space so I threw up a couple more lights and off I go.
IMG_0925.JPG

Do you have a target distance from the tops you are trying to maintain?

Those babies are just loving the saturation of light
I'm around 20 inches right now. I had them at 16 and the calcium deficiency started showing up. I just increased to 2tsp per gallon so they should turn around and then I'll drop the lights lower.

Back