Lighting AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light

Some autocob love. 4 3500s, one over each plant. 3*3*6 tent. 3 Sweet Trainwrecks and one red poison (top right) They loving it!
IMG_20171113_080149846-1382x1843.jpg

Ok I'm having a time finding a sweet spot for my lady's under these cobs and it's been a struggle for a week for me and I must say they run so much more cooler than my old blurples did ..So any cob users if u would feel free let me know.'Thanks

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Ok I'm having a time finding a sweet spot for my lady's under these cobs and it's been a struggle for a week for me and I must say they run so much more cooler than my old blurples did ..So any cob users if u would feel free let me know.'Thanks

I wish there was an easy answer for this question. It really is more about the strain more than anything. I notice larger strains like Mephisto’s hubbabubba which I have grown over 100 I’d enjoy light, short stuff auto gorilla can’t get enough either. Then there are others that are more sensitive. The best is to start a bit higher than you think and let the plants grow towards the lighy.

I wish there was an easy answer for this question. It really is more about the strain more than anything. I notice larger strains like Mephisto’s hubbabubba which I have grown over 100 I’d enjoy light, short stuff auto gorilla can’t get enough either. Then there are others that are more sensitive. The best is to start a bit higher than you think and let the plants grow towards the lighy.
@BigSmo that's what I've done and I always go by if u take your finger and push a young plant down to the soil and it don't come back up by it's self then the lights are to far away..I got mine around 2 feet from my girls at the time.I've never growled any white widow from DP be for so it's a new strain for me.....

@BigSmo that's what I've done and I always go by if u take your finger and push a young plant down to the soil and it don't come back up by it's self then the lights are to far away..I got mine around 2 feet from my girls at the time.I've never growled any white widow from DP be for so it's a new strain for me.....

I kept them around 12-15" last time around in flower but it was far too close. This time around I started around 24, and if a seedling was too tall I lowered it a couple inches.

I've never heard of pushing the seedling down to see if it needs more light, but this is only my second grow. I just check to see if the seedling is too tall or not. Good luck! These things are awesome, just gotta get the hang of them!

I can’t remember how many lights you have. Another big factor is the amount of light in the space too. The recommendation is 24x24” max but 2 lights across a 48” space will still have plenty of overlap. 24-30 is for seedlings usually the best. I will try the seedling trick too and see what I can come up with. I usually prop mine up so they don’t have to fight the heavy leaves with there immature stem. Try 30” and support them and give it a few days. Also don’t judge their growth at the seedling stage by the amount of light. I used to germ plants under an led light bulbs and they always did well. I hope this helps. One light has a different distance than 2.

I kept them around 12-15" last time around in flower but it was far too close. This time around I started around 24, and if a seedling was too tall I lowered it a couple inches.

I've never heard of pushing the seedling down to see if it needs more light, but this is only my second grow. I just check to see if the seedling is too tall or not. Good luck! These things are awesome, just gotta get the hang of them!
You push the seedling over with the finger if it's stretching to fast it won't pop back up on it's on and if it pops up on it's own then it should be ok..I guess that each grower has there own way of using there lights and I'm trying find a sweet spot I've got mine a little over 2 feet away and I'm trying see if it's to close or not I've got 5 cobs on them 3 cobs is on one LED panel and my other has 2 cobs I'm thinking about using the one with the 3 cobs and turn the other off and see if that's enough light..

I can’t remember how many lights you have. Another big factor is the amount of light in the space too. The recommendation is 24x24” max but 2 lights across a 48” space will still have plenty of overlap. 24-30 is for seedlings usually the best. I will try the seedling trick too and see what I can come up with. I usually prop mine up so they don’t have to fight the heavy leaves with there immature stem. Try 30” and support them and give it a few days. Also don’t judge their growth at the seedling stage by the amount of light. I used to germ plants under an led light bulbs and they always did well. I hope this helps. One light has a different distance than 2.
Your correct and I just don't want mine to stretch so fast but I'd rather them stretch than be little runts..I'm experimenting on a couple now also just to see what happens..

Back