Lighting AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light

Wondering about distance from the cobs. For seedlings start the cobs at 30" but is there a rule of thumb where to start adjusting as they start growing? Just thought I'd ask in here @BigSm0 since I don't see many posting that info in their autocob grows.

I've done a couple of cob grows starting the lights (200w and 250w) at about 36 to 40 inches and leaving them there for the entire grow. Just let the plants grow to whatever height they want. Cobs have enough intensity and penetration to use this way. Have had some good results like this.

This time I am using 100w only (dimmed from 200w) and have them much lower to start. Around 24 inches, and I will keep adjusting to keep the 24 inch gap.

Will be interesting to compare the two methods.

They are great and great value for what I've seen and making comparisons of my own research (not to be biased one bit)... I agree with everything you say mate - I'm not ashamed to admit I skimped out on my current lights - and it's cost me in TIME. May aswell done a photoperiod I got cheap ones hoping theyd be alright and just not good enough so buying right first time is my advice to anyone. Saves any disappointment and the light source is obviously the most important part of a grow!

My biggest problem is heat. I used a 600w hps in a bigger tent before and changed it for a smaller one and now running two vipraspectra 225w ufo leds. Perfect heat and low noise just shit lights. Good for veg and the worst thing ever for flower!

So looking to upgrade and seen the cobs here!!

Last edited:
How to grow the auto gorilla outside without a backhoe.
IMG_3503.JPG

Quick question about these.....I'm totally new to autoCOBs. Is there anywhere I can read about how many I need per plant/size of tent etc??

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I would think with 55w COBs perhaps it would be best to have them something like 12 to 16 inches apart from each other. That's 30cm to 40cm. What's the size of your growspace?

Perfect. Thanks!! I'm actually starting out again with a new grow tent etc so I've a blank canvas!! That's why I want to learn as much as possible before I set up again in a few weeks

Perfect. Thanks!! I'm actually starting out again with a new grow tent etc so I've a blank canvas!! That's why I want to learn as much as possible before I set up again in a few weeks

Once u get your tent post up the size and big smo will tell u exactly how many lights U need.

Back