Lighting AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light

@BigSm0 man I have been away for a couple of months, way to fill a need in the market my friend! I was griping a couple of months ago that the main problem with COB tech is that I don't want to put it together and at that time there was no real good cobs for a decent price. Well friggin done! My only problem is that the website is down lol. I was going to get a couple right meow and add them to my Dream Farm setup with the 2300 watts of DE HPS and 1360 watts of LEC. I want to put a COB over each of my DWC sites I think, and possibly another two for side/under lighting.

One thing I wanted to look at on the site, and I will review this thread more thoroughly to see if the question is answered, is there a 100 watt or larger version than the 55? I want the biggest COB known to man lol, or maybe you can build me a custom one possibly, maybe hint hint hahaha. I know virtually nothing about how lighting actually works, I know the basics needed for plant growth but the details make my head hurt. That is why I have been waiting for someone jusssst like you who has a passion for it to get the technical fiddily bits done. After all it was mainly you who gave me the great, straight forward advice about the LEC's that I got(I am really happy with them to be honest, the spectrum is awesome) Along with my HPS, LEC and natural sunlight I want some COB LED tech in there as well I think. Giving them almost every spectrum and intensity known to man, muahahahahaha!

Again Great Friggin job, I am gonna rep you til I cant rep no mo. It's just once but you know what I mean lol
First off it's great to see you back bro. Lots of talk about your short break throughout the forum. Well missed.

I do have a couple larger cobs in the mix right now. It's more of an experimental thing at a close friends place. Lights like the cmh being 315 watts or hps 600-1000 watts are spread out across a very large reflector. A cob is 28mm and gives a heck of a lot more light per watt. That's what the experimenting is about. I have personally done it and seen numerous people here under estimate the power of these lights. The meme war contest winner posted this.
IMG_1677.JPG

lol it's the truth. I'm happy to offer these lights as like you said there is definitely a need for them. It's a great cost effective way to try the new tech, it works amazingly well, perfect for supplementing and powerful enough to grow on their own. The biggest benefit is the long term. Not only energy savings or life span and no need for bulb changes but how versatile. If I piled up every light I have bought in the past that I don't currently use it would be taller than I am. Where these will always have a use. Granted I may not need all 20 but I will always be able to stick an extra light in various places. Or add a tent a closet, warehouse whatever the space is. Meanwhile that pile of red and blue LEDs are still collecting dust.

Just hang it up and plug it in. 3 day shipping too. Not quite amazon prime status but close.

First off it's great to see you back bro. Lots of talk about your short break throughout the forum. Well missed.

I do have a couple larger cobs in the mix right now. It's more of an experimental thing at a close friends place. Lights like the cmh being 315 watts or hps 600-1000 watts are spread out across a very large reflector. A cob is 28mm and gives a heck of a lot more light per watt. That's what the experimenting is about. I have personally done it and seen numerous people here under estimate the power of these lights. The meme war contest winner posted this. View attachment 743324

lol it's the truth. I'm happy to offer these lights as like you said there is definitely a need for them. It's a great cost effective way to try the new tech, it works amazingly well, perfect for supplementing and powerful enough to grow on their own. The biggest benefit is the long term. Not only energy savings or life span and no need for bulb changes but how versatile. If I piled up every light I have bought in the past that I don't currently use it would be taller than I am. Where these will always have a use. Granted I may not need all 20 but I will always be able to stick an extra light in various places. Or add a tent a closet, warehouse whatever the space is. Meanwhile that pile of red and blue LEDs are still collecting dust.

Just hang it up and plug it in. 3 day shipping too. Not quite amazon prime status but close.

yeah man I had a whole bunch of craziness go on here at the dream farm, but I am back in action and rockin it out. I really really want to grab the 4 pack but I think I am only going to be able to get two at the moment., One thing I am kind of concerned about is something you said earlier about autos not liking as much light. Two thoughts on that first is that, I theorize if you ramp up all the other variables like in my DWC setup with max air and cO2 enrichment and so for that will invariably allow the plant to take on a higher threshold of the other growth factors like lighting for example(or any other variable honestly.) Which brings me to my second thought, do you think I have too much light lol. I don't have a light meter or any way to determine how many moules or joules or pars,lumens or the infamous jigawatt( I kid I kid only because as previously stated it makes my brain hurt) I get at each distance. I am rocking 2300 watts of DE HPS and 1360 watts of LEC and 6 hours or so of direct Colorado sunshine for a 5x12 area. Would adding 2 autocobs be overkill? I want to use them over my two DWC plants.

Sorry for clogging up your thread, if you want to respond on my Dream Farm Report thread or PM me you can totally do that. Glad to be back here and man I am so glad you are doin your damn thing! I remember when you first got here, heck I actually saw you on a different forum before coming here through a google search about documented LEC grows. You are kinda getting famous my guy : )

yeah man I had a whole bunch of craziness go on here at the dream farm, but I am back in action and rockin it out. I really really want to grab the 4 pack but I think I am only going to be able to get two at the moment., One thing I am kind of concerned about is something you said earlier about autos not liking as much light. Two thoughts on that first is that, I theorize if you ramp up all the other variables like in my DWC setup with max air and cO2 enrichment and so for that will invariably allow the plant to take on a higher threshold of the other growth factors like lighting for example(or any other variable honestly.) Which brings me to my second thought, do you think I have too much light lol. I don't have a light meter or any way to determine how many moules or joules or pars,lumens or the infamous jigawatt( I kid I kid only because as previously stated it makes my brain hurt) I get at each distance. I am rocking 2300 watts of DE HPS and 1360 watts of LEC and 6 hours or so of direct Colorado sunshine for a 5x12 area. Would adding 2 autocobs be overkill? I want to use them over my two DWC plants.

Sorry for clogging up your thread, if you want to respond on my Dream Farm Report thread or PM me you can totally do that. Glad to be back here and man I am so glad you are doin your damn thing! I remember when you first got here, heck I actually saw you on a different forum before coming here through a google search about documented LEC grows. You are kinda getting famous my guy : )

I remember coming in and pissing off a lot of people when I stepped on r&b leds. Now look this place is all about cobs. It's crazy how many pm's I get from new members saying thanks and they joined after reading the threads. Cobs are it.

I agree that with a better environment, feed schedule, co2, all of it should allow the plants to take in more light. That's how most photo growers judge their light. With co2 is one figure and without is less.
As for the dream farm you may end up with to many gigawatts if you were to add the cobs. I couldn't even sell you on the 6500k blue cob boost with your hps as your using the cmh. This is how a few local were converted. They ran hps with metal halide supplement in flower and I got them to swap the mh with 6500k cobs and then their mh back to hps. More light and a deeper blue. Plus the cobs take up much less space and fit anywhere. Then after time most came back asking about swapping cobs for hps. Don't rush it, just keep doing what your doing and if I can help later on Id be happy to. Also don't worry about the thread. We have a whole section now.

Hey Derek! Good to see you back!
Autos and cobs..... Now some autos, and even some photos, ARE light sensitive. But that's about learning your strains. Hell, I've seen some autos you could just about park a cob on top....lol, others, best keep at least 16" about. And it seems be be mostly some of the smaller Indica strains. Not even something to worry about.
COB tech kicks the ass of any other lighting out there. Buy a boat, you can use those old ballasts as the boat anchors they are...lol!

Back