Do you guys insulate the tent floor? I keep the rigid foam builders insulation down. Easy to cut, clean and not expensive.

yeah , I just like have a little dark time... so I can't stay at 24hrs... maybe once am all LED then I won't mind running 24hrs a day... it's just HiD cost more to run, if I run that 24hrs, then will also need run extraction more often which thats another 125w...so I'm trying balance operating cost/efficiency...
These days I run my room on a thousand Watts that's just my lights and fans. There was a time I used to have to have two 1500 watt heaters in there just to keep things at a decent temperature. I owe it all to that Owens Corning rigid insulation panel you see on my walls I got two inches of that. I figure it's red and you want red in flower so what the heck.

Where I'm currently growing
Where I'll be Nov 1st

Do you guys insulate the tent floor? I keep the rigid foam builders insulation down. Easy to cut, clean and not expensive.
yes, I have plywood under my tent to keep pots from touching cement...

These days I run my room on a thousand Watts that's just my lights and fans. There was a time I used to have to have two 1500 watt heaters in there just to keep things at a decent temperature. I owe it all to that Owens Corning rigid insulation panel you see on my walls I got two inches of that. I figure it's red and you want red in flower so what the heck.

Where I'll be Nov 1st
I run 1150w, 600w of that HiD, rest led's..then my scrubber is 125w, my dehumidifier is 455w, heater 1875w, that air-purifier in there is 55w if on high & using uv, then have 3-6" clip fans them 24w each, of course music 24/7 for my babies thats 45w, humidifier 85w...I'm sure there few other things i'm forgetting to mention..ohh the uvb for flowering, 4 @15w each...all works out to around 4100w. so am still not thinking of everything..if using that heater, that really inflates it a lot..

Last edited:
it's good that thing hardly runs, although when I was on 18/6 it did run quite often when I was doing that critical...power bill jumped well over 200 with heater on..and about the same with aircon during the summer grow.

You need to get settled wherever it is you go and get into a solid room. That's just too much money to be spending. You know out here where I live the bottom rate on Power is like five cents per kilowatt and then when you go up to a high rate it's only about 6.5 cents a kilowatt.

Where I'll be Nov 1st

You need to get settled wherever it is you go and get into a solid room. That's just too much money to be spending. You know out here where I live the bottom rate on Power is like five cents per kilowatt and then when you go up to a high rate it's only about 6.5 cents a kilowatt.

Where I'll be Nov 1st
you know I'm planning move out your way.... we gonna be driving out in 2018 to check out places & job for wife... then once we get her hooked up, I can move....yeah I agree it is too much, usually it not run that high only with the heater or aircon running...usually approx 50-85 or so.

She's all straight and purple green lol its alive lol
8bd0d17dcd7a7536cdfd004746b54f0f.jpg

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Back