Auto Warriors Do...BigSm0 3rd Feb 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BigSm0, how well do cobs tolerate heat? At what % of full power can they be run without fan?
Lots of folks push the limits with cobs but I personally don't like to see much over 75 watts. It starts defeating the purpose. Max efficiency is at lower amperages

You mentioned to me that skipping the led phase and going straight to cob from CFL would be better. I understand that the light is superior, but being a new grower, will I really see the results? Are the benefits multifaceted? Would it be a viable move to buy an LED light and hack it once its useful life is over or is the shell useless without the specific light setup that comes installed?

Whoa whoa guys listen to some music while we guve Biggie some time to catch up!!! Working on a phone can be a pain...I know

You mentioned to me that skipping the led phase and going straight to cob from CFL would be better. I understand that the light is superior, but being a new grower, will I really see the results? Are the benefits multifaceted? Would it be a viable move to buy an LED light and hack it once its useful life is over or is the shell useless without the specific light setup that comes installed?
Hey @The Elvis post some pics of yoir plants

Hi Big and thanks for being here and all the help you have been providing to the community and to myself as well.
Since you are Inside the world of COB LED. Is there a market gap were all the cheap LED flood the market and then the actual ones with quality and specs you might want cost a fortune.
But looking at all the ingredients to actually make a (not pretty but fully functional) good COB system the price does not add up! And we the average customers with no DYI capacity end up loosing.
So your knowledge and will to share it, is actually giving us a chance to if with a bit of skills we can achieve a 1000Euros COB system for half the price.
And that to me is something I have to bow down to.

Lots of folks push the limits with cobs but I personally don't like to see much over 75 watts. It starts defeating the purpose. Max efficiency is at lower amperages
all good for the 50w'er

Leds do have a niche in a lot of grows but I don't see the benefit in wiring up all those little leds when a cob is already done for you. Quality leds and quality cobs are not far off in price. Lower quality leds vs good quality cobs is night and day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back