Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

Good day fine growers. so the roots on @Antonio_DutchPassion automazar are outstanding .really rooted well in 15 litre pot of biobizz lightmix.i honestly think.if u planted this plant outside it would live forever haha;)
DSC_0147-01.jpeg
DSC_0148~2-01.jpeg
DSC_0149-01.jpeg
DSC_0150-01.jpeg

Keep it green growers, keep safe and happy growing every1 :pass: :salute: :greenthumb:

Hey @Autobeast, I've read trough several of your posts about topping and I'm currently trying it out myself (comparing vs just lst). I actually made this account to ask you this :mrgreen:
The seed's I'm using are freebies so it might not be a foolproof experiment, but we'll see.
For my next couple batches I have a lot of different Seedstockers strains I'll be trying out.

The thing I noticed tho; everyone keeps talking about how important the genetics are for topping.
But thats also my problem/question... how do you know they have the genes for topping or to sustain it?
I've been trying to search for 'strong' auto genes, but then I only find results about the THC amount.
Do you just stick to the 'know' (expensive) breeders or is it experience? I can assume a whitewidow from fastbuds isn't the same as a whitewidow 'home' brand.

Since I've topped most autos I've grown , without regard for what,when,where since most are hybrids anyway...., my purpose is to control canopy height which in turn makes more evenly sized colas and less satellite popcorns.... imo, better quality overall harvests.

Hey @Autobeast, I've read trough several of your posts about topping and I'm currently trying it out myself (comparing vs just lst). I actually made this account to ask you this :mrgreen:
The seed's I'm using are freebies so it might not be a foolproof experiment, but we'll see.
For my next couple batches I have a lot of different Seedstockers strains I'll be trying out.

The thing I noticed tho; everyone keeps talking about how important the genetics are for topping.
But thats also my problem/question... how do you know they have the genes for topping or to sustain it?
I've been trying to search for 'strong' auto genes, but then I only find results about the THC amount.
Do you just stick to the 'know' (expensive) breeders or is it experience? I can assume a whitewidow from fastbuds isn't the same as a whitewidow 'home' brand.
Nobody can or should tell u that a plant would not like topping.nothing to do with genetics,genetics is about how potant the bud is. A plant will be what it chooses to be.no plant is ever the same.even from the same pack.seeds have there own individual dna.just like us humans.do u research ul see it sounds crazy.but very true;).if a seeds life span is longer than another auto .then that will give u more veg time.but the only way to find out if a plant and genetics enjoys topping.is to grow the plant yourself top it and see for urself.make your own results.thats all IV done.and IV grown many big ladies;) a cheap seed can yield just as much as a expensive seed. Much respect reading my work.and joining afn.top class.thanks alot.happy growing every1;)

Nobody can or should tell u that a plant would not like topping.nothing to do with genetics,genetics is about how potant the bud is. A plant will be what it chooses to be.no plant is ever the same.even from the same pack.seeds have there own individual dna.just like us humans.do u research ul see it sounds crazy.but very true;).if a seeds life span is longer than another auto .then that will give u more veg time.but the only way to find out if a plant and genetics enjoys topping.is to grow the plant yourself top it and see for urself.make your own results.thats all IV done.and IV grown many big ladies;) a cheap seed can yield just as much as a expensive seed. Much respect reading my work.and joining afn.top class.thanks alot.happy growing every1;)

Thanks for taking the timer to answer!
I understand what you mean tho! I have a garden filled with bonsai. No tree is the same :smoking:
So, if not for genetics, how soon from germination can you tell if she will be a potant one?
I've seen people germinated 20 seeds and cull them down to one or two along the road, but that seems a bit excessive and expensive :sad:
Maybe the better questions is; do you ever decide not to top a lady? :cooldance:

Nabz those pots were 35 litre just a test.and i yeilded the same in them pots as what i do in a 15 litre bucket.so i learned autos will not fill a huge pot with roots.not a 35 litre pot anyway lol;) and iv lost all my previous pics of my work.but with multiple tops is strain dependant how big the colas get.but iv had topped autos very short with multiple fat buds wider than a litre bottle. The aim for me is many dominant colas of the same size;)
@Autobeast Hi mate how much water are you giving you plants? At 4 weeks?
I’m in 12l pots living soil using your nute schedule,

Thanks for taking the timer to answer!
I understand what you mean tho! I have a garden filled with bonsai. No tree is the same :smoking:
So, if not for genetics, how soon from germination can you tell if she will be a potant one?
I've seen people germinated 20 seeds and cull them down to one or two along the road, but that seems a bit excessive and expensive :sad:
Maybe the better questions is; do you ever decide not to top a lady? :cooldance:
If a plant was growing very slow or had an abnormality.then I would not top. But I top all my ladies with big results .the more different seeds u grow and top u find which like it best.if u want a solid performer that u want to create into Ur own bush.dutch passion all the way.but some do take longer than other autos.which is good;) and no grower can tell how potent a bud is until harvest. Happy growing every1;)

Back