Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

@hope2grow thanks man!!! I’m really enjoying it. If these were photos, they would prolly be getting the 12/12 flip about now. Lol. I’m hoping I start to see preflowers soon because I’m running out of places to tie stuff down. Autos have really progressed in the past ten years. I’ve def learned a thing or two about em this grow. Can’t wait to see em flowering. It’s just gonna be a big ol box of bud. :biggrin:

Still wonder if it's makes sence to top autos when you grow outdoors in pots with sometimes not so good climate conditions. Nobody with experience with that?

I like to let them grow naturally outdoors - Not so good climate here as well.. this is from 2020 Letting it go natural keeps it more open and less likely to have problems is my thinking
713c.JPG

I like to let them grow naturally outdoors - Not so good climate here as well.. this is from 2020 Letting it go natural keeps it more open and less likely to have problems is my thinking
View attachment 1466106
As soon as the Monsoon hits, I’m going to try a couple topped outside. This one was left out in the storms last year. I think it would’ve been better topped. Autos get big outside.

Attachments

• 1BF39EAA-C31D-40B0-90C8-A567C2628C94.jpeg
    1BF39EAA-C31D-40B0-90C8-A567C2628C94.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 45
Day after training pic. Fully bounced back and a completely even canopy. About 6” in height and plenty of room from the light once they start flowering if I continue this style of training. I think next time around, I’m gonna top the main tops early on after the first lst session.
725FB626-C9D0-40DB-9EE9-16793260D16D.jpeg

Last edited:
It can work just fine with longer running sativa leaning autos like what flash seeds and lbh offers. The one below was topped to have 6 main branches.
View attachment 1466079
thanks for your reply - dont't know what is lbh though? the plant looks very nice. which kind of auto is that. what is the climate like, where you live?

View attachment 1466106
thanks for the statement. my main reason for topping is not a bigger yield, but to make the plant a bit more discreet (safety). but I'm still unsure if it's good to top my next grow or if i'd rather just lst

Back