Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

This was from today. A day after the session and they’ve fully recovered with vigor.

I should mention that these have been topped and super cropped as well. They will continue to be lst’d and super cropped until the stretch from flower is over.

50754D88-20EA-4B19-8E56-8DCBD0C3C735.jpeg
134E4379-E8F3-4077-9764-FA54747ACBC5.jpeg

Interesting. Are they spring loaded or do u get to adjust the angle? The latter would be choice.

It has a hexagonal spindle so it has six points of adjustment, but in reality only two are useful you have it almost straight and it still puts a decent bend in, and you have to set it first. Most noticeable is the way that it supports the inner curve as you bend it thus spreading out the force and not cracking the branch. I was most impresses when I tried it on a more rigid branch. I tried some fixed curves but they are no good for a number of reasons.

It has a hexagonal spindle so it has six points of adjustment, but in reality only two are useful you have it almost straight and it still puts a decent bend in, and you have to set it first. Most noticeable is the way that it supports the inner curve as you bend it thus spreading out the force and not cracking the branch. I was most impresses when I tried it on a more rigid branch. I tried some fixed curves but they are no good for a number of reasons.
Good to know. I’ll have to look em up. I like that they are adjustable. I usually do a little supercropping combined with the lst, so I’m not to worries about the bend, if that makes sense.

Good to know. I’ll have to look em up. I like that they are adjustable. I usually do a little supercropping combined with the lst, so I’m not to worries about the bend, if that makes sense.

I had given up on supercropping because even if it went well it was a struggle to keep them from trying to un supercrop themselves, so then I'd try to just snap then and have to support them. In the end it was too much of a pain. So what I was most happy about is that 1. I could put it on some branches that I'd never even attempt due to them likely snapping at the stem attachment point. and 2. they stay down! sometimes you need a firm hand with these girls.

The above was a bendy flexible plant, but the one below as you can see is of the more shorter and rigid type, these are only 3 cm long so you can see how close it is to the stem. This is what I meant earlier when I said I'd never attempt to pull these branches out till they got a bit longer for fear of just snapping them off at the stem. But once positioned correctly (which is a bit of a brain teaser) I could pull the outer part of the branch down and under the clip while putting no force at all near the stem, supporting the middle round part as I pulled the branch under. This felt very satisfying and released a big rush of dopamine.

I think it goes well with topping autos.

jack47xl-4-jpeg.1461276

Still wonder if it's makes sence to top autos when you grow outdoors in pots with sometimes not so good climate conditions. Nobody with experience with that?

It can work just fine with longer running sativa leaning autos like what flash seeds and lbh offers. The one below was topped to have 6 main branches.
LBH BBH 2.jpg

Back