Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

I’m a new no till/LOS guy myself. Still learning but I love the simplicity.

It’s fascinating stuff! Have you applied autobeast’s topping method with autos in your no till/LO soil? Curious how it turned out?

I started popping a couple beans yesterday and they will go into some pots with some roots organics soil that I have and when the soil I mixed is ready I’ll put the same 2 strains in it and compare the two. Hoping that solving my water quality issue will make things easy(er) like they were when I grew in other places.

What recipe did you use to build your soil?

It’s fascinating stuff! Have you applied autobeast’s topping method with autos in your no till/LO soil? Curious how it turned out?

I started popping a couple beans yesterday and they will go into some pots with some roots organics soil that I have and when the soil I mixed is ready I’ll put the same 2 strains in it and compare the two. Hoping that solving my water quality issue will make things easy(er) like they were when I grew in other places.

What recipe did you use to build your soil?
Gonna top this GWK I got going as soon as I’m able to. I’m using buildasoil’s modern mix 2.0 and 3.0 soils.

Gonna top this GWK I got going as soon as I’m able to. I’m using buildasoil’s modern mix 2.0 and 3.0 soils.

Nice! Yeah, I order about half my stuff from BuildASoil and half from Kis Organics. I think their souls are nearly identical and both are expansions of Coots Mix. Do you have a journal for your GWK?

Nice! Yeah, I order about half my stuff from BuildASoil and half from Kis Organics. I think their souls are nearly identical and both are expansions of Coots Mix. Do you have a journal for your GWK?
Nah I don’t. I may throw one up.

I just topped my auto speed bud by female seeds 2 times already. Prolly gonna keep topping her too. She likes it. Maybe one or two more topping sessions and I'll let her grow

Topped my 2nd diesel berry auto once and that's all she will get plus some lst when she recovers. Did one natural diesel berry auto just lst the side branches and did a light defoliation to get deeper penetration of light with my 1000 watt hps, she's at 6 weeks old and 27 inches tall already and got about 5 weeks to go. The topped one is far from the finish line though.

I’m sure you’ve been asked this before, so excuse me if this is redundant. When you say top at the 3rd/4th node, are you chopping above those nodes or actually chopping the 3rd/4th node? Hope this makes sense lol. @autobeast
yea remove the full node.sorry late reply. work and life has kept me super busy as xmas coming up. but i do have a flourishing topped auto garden. as always. happy growing every1 ;)

What day do your plants normally flower when you top? I'm day 30 still no flowering.
all depends on the plant. all strains are diffent. look at seed info. generally any auto will start to sex and flip anywere from day 30 plus id say. if a quick auto abit younger;) happy growing

I'm not sure topping slows them down but I'm not sure it doesn't either. I got a bit antsy waiting for mine to show a pistil. Seedstockers said it would flower by day 25, then they told me 30 for sure, showed it very first pre pistil at day 34 but it ended up being 40 days till it began flowering.
ur correct dont slow them down in anyway. all strains plants are diffrent even a bean from the same pack will be slightly diffrent from her sister. if i do quick 10 week strains. i top then 2 rounds of lst. then let grow with alot of defol. and always ready bang on 10 weeks. all about perfect timing. and some plants will grow big some small. upto us growers to find the true monster autos. that enjoy been pushed. and along the way. ul grow ur favs more and more often. as u know what to expect;) happy growing every1 ;)

Yes, Sativa dominant plants generally will grow much taller with stretch that can triple or more their height. That said you still use the same techniques you just need to be more aggressive with the LST to keep the head space.
bang on bro.good work;) happy growing

Test

Test
Back