Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

I’m with you, brother! I’d freak out with joy to get my hands on some of the old strains. Particularly Panama Red! NRPS was one of my favorite bands and saw them many many times. So, that strain has a particular place in my heart. Even if I could get my hands on some seeds from the nameless strains I smoked and grew in NorCal back in the 80’s - we called it all “kind bud.” Lol.

Hey, what’s that GA3 you mentioned? I’ve had pretty great success adding a squirt of Hydrogen peroxide to a small cup of water and soaking a scuffed seed until it cracks and the tap starts coming out. Then I use the same water to soak a paper towel and set it between 2 plates on a cable box or my warming pad at 78°. Always looking for better methods, though.
Gibberellic acid is a simple gibberellin, a pentacyclicditerpene acid promoting growth and elongation of cells. GA3.

@autobeast, can you give me a gut reaction to this shot, it's just about at the end of week 5 and there is not a hint of flowers and this is supposed to show by 30 at at the latest. Because it was not flowering I went in with some aggressive defoliation and why it has not set flowers the defoliation did not slow it down. Now I'm just going to wait. The defoliation has cleared the way for the sub branches. Do you think this looks like it's going to do something, like take off or will it likely stay a stubby little runt. Do you think it's OK to have got these small spindly branches to come through instead of leaving it at 8 main colas? It's about 8-9 inches high atm. Week 5 ends tomorrow.

Edit: here's a close up that looks to me like it might be about to switch to flowering due to the shape but I can't see any pistils.

tight crop flower.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
from that bottom pic. she dont even look like she shown she is a girl yet. she is still veggin away. some autos do like to veg longer than ur average autos dispite there seed info. have u read the seed info? id say be patient mate as looks very happy. and im sure it will flip when its ready. happy growing.defol was a good call that will not stall growth or flower phase at all;)

Hi autobeast, yeah I even wrote to seed stockers and they though for for sure by 30, usually they are before that. What got me all twitchy was that I saw a FB GScookie that didn't flip till week 8. However just after I posted yesterday I had a look all over it and I found a single immature calyx with a couple of definite pistils. So now I'm more relaxed. I felt like a couple who have been trying for a baby for 15 years, and then one day she's pregnant, lol. Here's the shot I took, I might have it framed and call it The Sex Pistils, sorry that was a rotten pun. So it's only a week late.

Attachments

• First-Pistil.jpg
    First-Pistil.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 106
So folks I'm hoping the time has come to top. She's 14 days old and looking nice and healthy . Unsure how many nodes I have so far, what do you think?

@autobeast Would you top her now?

IMG_20181028_220421.jpg
IMG_20181028_220341.jpg
IMG_20181028_220410.jpg
IMG_20181028_220405.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Qb

So folks I'm hoping the time has come to top. She's 14 days old and looking nice and healthy . Unsure how many nodes I have so far, what do you think?

@autobeast Would you top her now?

View attachment 966578 View attachment 966579 View attachment 966580 View attachment 966581

Thanks for the help.

Qb
@Qbgrower From the main stalk every time a branch (usually one on each side) grows out above a stemmed leaf that is a node. Circled the ones I could easily see in your picture:

ScreenHunter_140 Oct. 28 19.47.jpg

@Qbgrower,

You've got some nice chunky looking branches there. I topped at the 5th node and took the lowest node off because it was a bit spindly, leaving 4 pairs. But every plant is different, your lowest node looks very strong, I would not have removed the lowest node if it looked like that. You have a choice whether to grow 4 pairs or 5 pairs of branches. The choice is yours.

So I topped my blue dream auto today at the 4th node or possibly 5th??

Here's some pics.

IMG_20181030_104752.jpg
IMG_20181030_104750.jpg
IMG_20181030_104813.jpg

I also noticed some white spots and little holes on a few of the lower leaves that I'm worried about.

IMG_20181030_102908.jpg
IMG_20181030_102901.jpg
IMG_20181030_102914.jpg

Can anyone diagnose what the problem is. The rest of the plant is looking good and the new growth looks healthy. Had a look all around and under the leaves but can't see anything??

Thanks for the help
Qb

Test

Test
Back