Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

The most I topped a photo was 3 times. Lol that was my very first grow, topped 3 times for 8 colas. I read that if you don't top you'll grow one big nugget mostly. And each time you top the nuggets will get smaller and smaller. Wondering if this is also true? It seems like it would make sense and be right to me but I know there is lots of info out there and not all of it is right you know.

Holy shit bro, that's a gnarly Bush! How did you top that many times? When did you start topping and when did you stop? Very interested in this. Very cool. I can believe photos can handle being topped that much but I never knew an auto could, that's just nuts.

Hey bro thanks for the comment :)

She's now a 1.1 m2 canopy and standing a meter high She's Dr krippling chocolate orange.

Before I explain. This auto was just a guinea pig. Put in the corner of a room. As this is my first grow. I had her 4 weeks in front of everything else. Glad I'm did. As iv learnt from so many mistakes from her.

She just wouldn't flip. I was waiting for ages. She was outgrowing her welcome! She was bullying her neighbours and starting to effect my room. She was maybe a 300cm wide and 300cm high. I just topped every top I could see lost count at 20. She was in a (pre) scrog kinda set up. Until a major fuck up and had to un-net her..... Now I'm just letting her do her thing... Iv got a photo journal on another device I'll post later on.
Screenshot_20181107-182253_Video Player.jpg

Bitch is taking forever? Haha, some will do that. Why its good to look on here to get an idea how long strains take to grow before you buy the seeds. Some companies breeders are better than others .I hope she produces lots for you though.

Bitch is taking forever? Haha, some will do that. Why its good to look on here to get an idea how long strains take to grow before you buy the seeds. Some companies breeders are better than others .I hope she produces lots for you though.

Cheers pal. Basically winging it everyday haha. It's turning out ok. Worse thing is. She is the baby of the group. Her photo sisters are a stroke of genius. Mainline topped with 16 main colas all symmetrical

@autobeast, here’s a couple in 5 gallon soil bags that you helped me top at day 20 but they haven’t really gotten as big as I would have hoped. These pix are from today, day 37. They’ve never shown and sort of stress of deficiencies and look healthy but just haven’t really gotten very big; and growth has slowed or stopped (it seems) since they started flowering. Especially the Auto Ultimate, which I had high hopes for

DP Auto Ultimate - longest branches are about 12” long.
D9F58F81-381D-4F8F-8ECF-83A626603F4B.jpeg

Dinafem XXL Cheese Auto
7CA2D845-92AA-4D02-BE7F-E7F3349617E0.jpeg

Here they are side by side. Ignore the remnants of the plant in the middle.
96AC3468-6F73-4169-A141-3DB706E97F3C.jpeg

Is it possible they’ll continue to stretch or are they going to just put on flower from here on out? Both are supposed to be known for getting big and I can’t think of what I may have done/not done to not have them grow bigger.

Here are a couple CBD strains that are at 21 days, in 5 gallons of soil (each) and they’re exactly true same size as the 2 plants above were at day 21. I topped 1 yesterday and am letting the other go, just to see if the topping is what’s causing the smaller size for me. Then I’d know I’m doing something wrong with the topping somehow. I KNOW it’s me and not the methodology. Just trying to figure out how to get close to your results.
5D1E7242-0E15-484F-B8F2-CEB2C5FB6049.jpeg

7D5CE68B-6911-478B-AEDE-150453EE2BBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Autos can take a licking and keep on ticking this one was outside an something dug it up so i transplant indoors it was limp so i cut the damaged leaves and the dead one about 5 days later new growth starting to show
20181108_131730.jpg
might not be much of a yield but is going to start flowering soon beavybweight seeds fatman pineapple kusb autoflower

Autos can take a licking and keep on ticking this one was outside an something dug it up so i transplant indoors it was limp so i cut the damaged leaves and the dead one about 5 days later new growth starting to show View attachment 970947 might not be much of a yield but is going to start flowering soon beavybweight seeds fatman pineapple kusb autoflower

Yeah, they can be tough. I had a bird pluck a seedling with only one set of leaves out of a pot last summer and spit it right out on top of the soil. I found it a minute or two later and gently ticked her back in and see her in the shade. I expected her to die but, miraculously, she survived and actually produced some flower that I have stashed. Lol!

Test

Test
Back