Indoor Auto Pots, Blueberry Domina, and Hubbabubbasmelloscope!

Pops one of the best ways of watering in coco (ronins method) water about 250 mls per plant straight down to get the tap root to the bottom of your pot I feed about 1/4 strength nutes for the first week second week water in circles plant outwards to get them roots everywhere [emoji2]
Thanks brother.
Much appreciated.

Great thread Pops22.
Subbed up.

Hey Pops,
What's in you mix?
Coco 70%-perlite 30%?
That's what I was thinking of using.
Any reason to not use straight coco?
Sorry to hear of your losses.
My bro left last year in Feb.
It gets easier, remember better times.

Last edited:
Thanks, appreciated.
yes I'm using about a 70/30 mix I couldn't see using 50/50. I believe Hansbrick uses a 70/30 mix also. I may try pure coco also, i see no reason it wouldn't work, I think the perlite just adds airspaces.

Hey Pops,
What's in you mix?
Coco 70%-perlite 30%?
That's what I was thinking.

Hey Pops,
What's in you mix?
Coco 70%-perlite 30%?
That's what I was thinking of using.
Your ok to run just coco but make sure you don't pack it down to much the perlite holds water and stops your coco compacting well that's why I use it [emoji106]

Hey , pops22,
Any reason not to use coco in peat pots to start seedilings?
And then transplant the whole enchilada when up pot them?
Will it cause problems?
Do you know if anyone has tried it?
I have read that transplanting can stunt autos, and figured this would solve that problem.
Any ideas, suggestions?
What about tier planting?
I am pretty rough handed and don't want to damage or stunt the auto's.

Pops22, can you post a picture of the bottom of the Autopots?
Need to see how many holes to drill into my waterproof 3 gallon pots, for use in my Diy hydro/Autovalve flood and wick setup I am designing.
Also, could you drill holes all over like in an airpot ?
Or do you Only want nutrient Fill holes at the bottom of the pot?
I think Only bottom holes.
Thanks again.

you could use it in peat pots. Its not so good to use in starter pots though, it doesn't clump like soil. For my grow in coco, I used 30% worm castings mixed with the coco in the starter pots. Worked well kept the mix together at transplant and I figure it inoculated the coco with beneficial bacteria, etc. as some can function with the presence of salts based nutrients.

Hey , pops22,
Any reason not to use coco in peat pots to start seedilings?
And then transplant the whole enchilada when up pot them?
Will it cause problems?
Do you know if anyone has tried it?
I have read that transplanting can stunt autos, and figured this would solve that problem.
Any ideas, suggestions?
What about tier planting?
I am pretty rough handed and don't want to damage or stunt the auto's.

You may find that info or a pic on the autpot website. You could build your pot similar to my soilponics pot. for pots 5 gallons or less, one 2" net pot filled with rockwool, coco, soil, whatever to act as a wick, in the bottom of your pot. 1 5" netpot filled with rockwool kept my 20 gallon pot watered.
Then just ad your valve in whatever manner you plan!

Pops22, can you post a picture of the bottom of the Autopots?
Need to see how many holes to drill into my waterproof 3 gallon pots, for use in my Diy hydro/Autovalve flood and wick setup I am designing.
Also, could you drill holes all over like in an airpot ?
Or do you Only want nutrient Fill holes at the bottom of the pot?
I think Only bottom holes.
Thanks again.

Here's a picture of bottom of the Autopots, both the 15 L and 25 L version is the same, slits rather than holes as you can see

easy2grow_Kit_4b4dc6f60c2bf.jpg

I use mine with airdomes so all the bruhaha about overwatering and clay pellets at the bottom is redundant, and I use 3 wicks in each pot, made by braiding 3 pieces of polypropylene rope
51KSOGaXKAL._SY300_.jpg
and simply using cable strips to hold it together at each end with no complaints so far. Latest doing things this way is 2 x Fastbuds Six Shooters that yielded 372 g dry at 62 %, with another still to come down looking like 200 g or so.
To me, Autopots is the bees knees for soil and substrates, short of going DWC and related hydro techniques.

Back