Indoor Auto Pots, Blueberry Domina, and Hubbabubbasmelloscope!

I'm still digging through that thread I linked you to earlier. I use synthetic nutrients (Advanced), so I'm wondering how my buds would taste. I use a good portion of their line up as well, so I definitely load my buds up with quite a bit of crap..
Your gonna end up going organic. I'm calling it bro =p.

I love organic growing. I like it because its so much easier. You also have a better chance to fix problems in soil than you do in hydro, you can ruin a grow in hydro in a matter of hours. In soil, you can take a deep breath and study the problem say for a day and thus be sure you have the right fix for the right problem. On the flip side, people can't tell my coco grown weed from my organic. To a plant a nutrient ion is a nutrient ion, in the soil or from a bottle!

But i'm thinking and will be testing soon, organic growing in auto pots will be a breeze! Just add water!

Your gonna end up going organic. I'm calling it bro =p.

No matter how much you put into the medium, that plants only take what they need. Contrary to what some think, you can't force feed a plant!

and I never go much over 650ppms on nutrients, its just not neccessary.

I was reading something not really related lately, but what it was talking about kind of ties in. I'm curious your thoughts about the idea that if soil is too saturated and/or there is enough in the water going in that basically the plant has no way to take up water that doesn't have nutrients in it. Essentially the idea that there could be no way to intake needed water without nutrients that it will just have to store somewhere or find a way to use. And wouldn't that be a kind of force feeding? What I was reading was talking about layering TLO soils with neuteral soils for this reason so there is the nutrient zone and "clean water" zones in the medium and roots in both so the plant has options.

Afterthought: I'm thinking that this really can't be always a problem or hydroponics like DWC would be doomed from the start (not really a clean and nute water zone in a 5 gal bucket)...but still curious the thoughts of a more seasoned growers on it.

No matter how much you put into the medium, that plants only take what they need. Contrary to what some think, you can't force feed a plant!

and I never go much over 650ppms on nutrients, its just not neccessary.
Me too, I'll feed every watering but like you u I shoot for mid 600's.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Plants take in water and nutrients separately. Water via osmosis, nutrients thru active transport mechanisms in the roots. The only physical way to force feed a plant is thru foliar feeding and its very easy to overdose your plants that way!

I was reading something not really related lately, but what it was talking about kind of ties in. I'm curious your thoughts about the idea that if soil is too saturated and/or there is enough in the water going in that basically the plant has no way to take up water that doesn't have nutrients in it. Essentially the idea that there could be no way to intake needed water without nutrients that it will just have to store somewhere or find a way to use. And wouldn't that be a kind of force feeding? What I was reading was talking about layering TLO soils with neuteral soils for this reason so there is the nutrient zone and "clean water" zones in the medium and roots in both so the plant has options.

I love organic growing. I like it because its so much easier. You also have a better chance to fix problems in soil than you do in hydro, you can ruin a grow in hydro in a matter of hours. In soil, you can take a deep breath and study the problem say for a day and thus be sure you have the right fix for the right problem. On the flip side, people can't tell my coco grown weed from my organic. To a plant a nutrient ion is a nutrient ion, in the soil or from a bottle!

But i'm thinking and will be testing soon, organic growing in auto pots will be a breeze! Just add water!

In my extremely limited experience, I agree but also propose the exact opposite w/ hydro!! I always felt I could address deficiencies/toxicities quicker and more precisely in hydro by virtue of either nute adjustment, or even foliar sprays, and it's like the effects were seen w/in 24-36hrs.. For soil, I feel like it could take longer to actually adjust because once it's in the soil, then it needs to be broken down a bit, THEN it is bioavailable.. Then again, it's like the plants just don't feel the shock like hydro plants do, so if pH is drifting, soil plants recover better; maybe not quicker, but they come out being much healthier and sporting better foliage to boot..

Here's my first organic grow, about 2 weeks in, in their final resting place, 18ltr nursery pots.. I was going to go w/ the 22's, but grabbed the wrong ones.. Turns out, it worked better that way because of space limitations..

Attachments

• 20160516_050917.jpg
    20160516_050917.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 94
each styles has its pluses and minuses. I actually like hydro, but I like the laziness of organic..lol! I'll in the next few months convert all my grows to auto pots, or one of their other products. The less time spent fussing with them, the more time I have to think up terrible new things to do to them.........

:muahaha:

In my extremely limited experience, I agree but also propose the exact opposite w/ hydro!! I always felt I could address deficiencies/toxicities quicker and more precisely in hydro by virtue of either nute adjustment, or even foliar sprays, and it's like the effects were seen w/in 24-36hrs.. For soil, I feel like it could take longer to actually adjust because once it's in the soil, then it needs to be broken down a bit, THEN it is bioavailable.. Then again, it's like the plants just don't feel the shock like hydro plants do, so if pH is drifting, soil plants recover better; maybe not quicker, but they come out being much healthier and sporting better foliage to boot..

Here's my first organic grow, about 2 weeks in, in their final resting place, 18ltr nursery pots.. I was going to go w/ the 22's, but grabbed the wrong ones.. Turns out, it worked better that way because of space limitations..

Plants take in water completely separately from nutrients by osmosis. Only water can flow thru the membrane. What can happen however, with to high a concentration of nutes in a solution, is to cause water to flow OUT of the plant, causing wilt and or death. Nutrients are taken into the plant by active transport and as such cannot be force feed.

Back