Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

I've found a place that makes their own certified organic compost and soil. I might give them a go.

Sorry for being a bit manic with my request @hecno.

@Waira - hey my friend. Thanks s much for stepping in and helping this guy out. I've never been too proficient on deciphering deficiencies. Since I run horse manure and have great natural soil and water I am not very well versed in such matters. :) I had to get growing indoors again to get a deficiency! :D
I know you are a busy guy, and just wanted to thank you for all of your help.

A@missoss now you are talking , That would be way better soil than the other stuff , Right here are some good nutrients to use with the soil , http://www.batphone.com.au/
This is the main one I use , as you can see the N.P.K is 10.10.10. used at 1/2 strength gives you a 5.5.5 -- 5 ml instead of 10 ml

Tripleboost500mltMain.jpg
get the one called Triple Boast Pro strength . For a Potassium input I use I use there Silica Potash and for Phosphate I use there Micro-Phos and Bio-Trace for trace elements . I do use other inputs but these will get you started . Now if you go with the organic soil , pop into the organic section on this site you will get all the help you will ever need , and never not ask questions no matter what , Here on AFN people go out of there way to help . :thumbsup::vibe:

Last edited:
I got zero sleep last night. I feel like a total idiot for getting myself into this situation and puttin the health of my plants in jeopardy.

I got up this morning and went to the garden centre to get some decent soil.

Once home, I followed this guide to the letter https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-testing-and-ph-estimation.41733/#post-928975

Soaked the soil with water corrected to 6.5ph.
Let it drain.
Poured distilled water through the soil.
Collected runoff with clean bowl.
Calibrated ph meter.
Tested runoff

Runoff ph = 6.6

Thanks heaps @Waira @hecno @912GreenSkell for getting involved.

I've repotted my seedling in the new soil and it's under lights. I know it's not ideal to replant seedlings but it's only a week old and I'm pretty sure I didn't disturb the roots to much. The alternative seemed to be the worse option. Even though it's been in shitty soil it's still added a set of leaves in the last two days.

I'll make sure I keep testing the runoff.

Missoss-:cooldance: ooOooo, organic custom soil hook-up- :headbang:... I'm with Hec', that's your ticket there! ...Hec' brudda, you are the man! :d5: Thanks for the product references and advise mate- :bow: :pighug: .... 'GS my friend, all in a good days work! :cheers:-- appreciate the appreciation- :crying: :forward:

:jointman: aaaw, Missoss, don't be sweatin' it mon! Growing truly good plants is not easy, contrary to the BS axiom "it's a weed",... the learning curve is quite steep especially if growing plants in general is new! ...So, you did the test on the new soil, and 6.6 is you calculated pH? --that's perfect! Transplanting the seedling is not problem as long as the roots are beat up,.. little ones can be pretty tough, they want to thrive-:coffee: Plus they have the cotyl's to feed on initially,...

I got zero sleep last night. I feel like a total idiot for getting myself into this situation and puttin the health of my plants in jeopardy.

I got up this morning and went to the garden centre to get some decent soil.

Once home, I followed this guide to the letter https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-testing-and-ph-estimation.41733/#post-928975

Soaked the soil with water corrected to 6.5ph.
Let it drain.
Poured distilled water through the soil.
Collected runoff with clean bowl.
Calibrated ph meter.
Tested runoff

Runoff ph = 6.6

Thanks heaps @Waira @hecno @912GreenSkell for getting involved.

I've repotted my seedling in the new soil and it's under lights. I know it's not ideal to replant seedlings but it's only a week old and I'm pretty sure I didn't disturb the roots to much. The alternative seemed to be the worse option. Even though it's been in shitty soil it's still added a set of leaves in the last two days.

I'll make sure I keep testing the runoff.

Hey don't feel like an idiot because you made some errors. We all make errors from time to time, heck even after 25 years of growing canna I still make errors. And you guys over there just don't have the awesome nutes and soil choices we have over here in north America.

Missoss-:cooldance: ooOooo, organic custom soil hook-up- :headbang:... I'm with Hec', that's your ticket there! ...Hec' brudda, you are the man! :d5: Thanks for the product references and advise mate- :bow: :pighug: .... 'GS my friend, all in a good days work! :cheers:-- appreciate the appreciation- :crying: :forward:

:jointman: aaaw, Missoss, don't be sweatin' it mon! Growing truly good plants is not easy, contrary to the BS axiom "it's a weed",... the learning curve is quite steep especially if growing plants in general is new! ...So, you did the test on the new soil, and 6.6 is you calculated pH? --that's perfect! Transplanting the seedling is not problem as long as the roots are beat up,.. little ones can be pretty tough, they want to thrive-:coffee: Plus they have the cotyl's to feed on initially,...

No problem..well deserved. You are so right man. Sure you can treat them like a weed and you will pull a bit of grass from the plant. Treat the plants like they should be treated(like queens of miracle healing) with good quality proper ph soil/medium, good food, good water and plenty of light, and they will way grow beyond expectations.

Back