Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

NIce one @AussieStoner good luck with the white rhino mate, that should be a lovely smoke!

I dunno where the OP @missoss has got to.... hope you're OK?

NIce one @AussieStoner good luck with the white rhino mate, that should be a lovely smoke!

I dunno where the OP @missoss has got to.... hope you're OK?

Thanks brother!
I've grown white widow a few times now and it totally knocked me on my ass, best bud I've grown/brought to date, and from the reports I've seen white rhino is meant to be stronger! I'm stoked as!

What methods of cooling do you guys use during the summer? I'm inland NSW, use to run CFL's so never had to worry about heat, but I've just set up my 250watt HID so the heat my cause issues on the 35+ degree days.

Last edited:
fans fans and more fans! As well as a floor fan distributing my intake air, I have a small clip fan on each plant, plus a bigger fan up above the LEDs to push some of that hot air away from the LEDs towards my extract fan. Either way, it amazes me when I see temps of high 30s in the tent and they seem to do fine.

I have a 6 inch intake and 6 inch extraction using variable speed Hyperfans.... the intake is from under the house for the cooler air and I have a pair of foot tights over the ends as a snake/insect filter.I think the best we can do in this heat is maintain good airflow.

Hey Tee Tee

Thanks heaps for your advice!

Im going to do a grow journal as soon as i can get more beans as its happened to me a few times with the below method.
I have been trying to figure out how to grow for about 2 years with a small set up and really struggled to get anything due to my mistakes and then one time they grew for longer so tried with the same method again but it still wont go to plan lol, maybe i will have more luck on the next one :)

Medium 8ltr pot + drip trey
20% no nutrient soil
80% perlite
+sml seedling mix in middle to germinate
*prepared mix and ran water through at 5.5ph
*i didn't compost chicken manure but added some with soil around the top inch of the pot. I have read that not composting can cause burn but I didn't experience any sign.

Lighting 9pm-9am + roughly 2hrs sunlight light / wind a day.
1x Viper Spectra 400w (200w actual)
1x Older Mars 600w (300w actual, not u$ed all the time)

Space 48cm deep x 1m wide x 1m high
External fan at top
No intake fan, i put 6x 2 inch holes at the bottom
No rotating fan.
Temp 28-30, humidity 65-70, I monitor the temp daily and regulate it buy using the external fan on timer to suck out hot air as required, the humidity is usually ok.

Feed in 1/4 and 1/2 recommended amounts, phd around 6 and run of is always in an ok range
Seedling - Seasol (seaweed)
Veg - Yates soluble thrive (25-5-9) Molassis & Epsom salt
Bloom - i reduced thrive and added liquid Potash (0-2-14), Molassis & Epsom salt

OK mate, I had a look at your set up, and I must stress I don't know soil at all, but looking at your mix.... 80% perlite and 20% soil..... so basically you're growing in perlite? I would have thought it should be the other way..... 20% perlite in 80% soil.

Next the lighting, you need 20 plus hours a day, it looks like yours are getting 12 hours LED plus 2hrs (intermittent) sunshine. That might be retarding flowering. I know they're Autos, but as you know, regulars don't flower on 12/12?

Lighting, fans etc all OK, but you can improve on that later.

Finally the feed, I think you're OK there, half quantities of 25-5-9 seems Ok as I work out my veg NPKs to be around 10 to 12-1.2-3.9 and around 5-2.7-8.4 in bloom, going to 3-21-12 at the end.

Hope you get it sorted mate, I would just switch to 100% Coco and take all the guess work out of it.

Last edited:
for anyone interested, when i run soil under lights i use 50/50 debco organic and perlite and use a 0/50/100/50/0 feed rutine

feed as needed at times or just more water

WP_20170219_01_14_43_Rich.jpg

cant wait to kick these soil freeloaders out of my tent.... Waiting for beans to be hydro'f!

f6

edit...

ah, fecken hps photos

Last edited:
friend dropped these unkown autos on me so they getting some time in my tent before i hydro some beans

When you say hydro, are you doing DWC?

fans fans and more fans! As well as a floor fan distributing my intake air, I have a small clip fan on each plant, plus a bigger fan up above the LEDs to push some of that hot air away from the LEDs towards my extract fan. Either way, it amazes me when I see temps of high 30s in the tent and they seem to do fine.

I have a 6 inch intake and 6 inch extraction using variable speed Hyperfans.... the intake is from under the house for the cooler air and I have a pair of foot tights over the ends as a snake/insect filter.I think the best we can do in this heat is maintain good airflow.

Yeah I'm hearing you with the fans haha, few years back when I was getting 39-40 degree days it was fan central honestly sounded like a swarm of bee's in my cupboard, i ended up freezing multiple bottles of water and had a 30lt container full of Icey water, ran my intake ducting into the tub, it wasn't the best cooling method and you had to keep replacing bottles every couple hours but it lowered temps by 3-4 degrees.

When you say foot tights, are those girl stockings? Haha :smoking:

Back