Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

Cheers @orrganic Im using a combination of different LEDs all from the same company...
Helios 6, Photon 126 x2, and Skyline 400W x2.

Have a look at the current grow in my signature. :thumbsup:

Cheers @missoss :cheers:
I used to do DWC in the UK, but when I came here I had a go at soil, got it from Mitre 10!
After 6-7 weeks they were only 3-4cm high :crying:

I switched to coco and instantly noticed a difference. You get the perfect water/medium/air ratio and oxygen gets delivered to the roots through frequent watering... in fact once they are up and running, it's practically impossible to overwater them. Plus you know exactly what the plants are getting NPK wise.
pH issues are less frequent as the coco is buffered. My whole life I've killed plants of every kind, but this way was Teetee-proof!

I'm not 100% sure about each state but are you 'legally' allowed to grow 4 soil, or one hydro (coco) in your state? Is that why you do soil?

Maximum kudos to soil growers in my opinion... that's a real skill!:bow:

Cheers @missoss :cheers:
I used to do DWC in the UK, but when I came here I had a go at soil, got it from Mitre 10!
After 6-7 weeks they were only 3-4cm high :crying:

I switched to coco and instantly noticed a difference. You get the perfect water/medium/air ratio and oxygen gets delivered to the roots through frequent watering... in fact once they are up and running, it's practically impossible to overwater them. Plus you know exactly what the plants are getting NPK wise.
pH issues are less frequent as the coco is buffered. My whole life I've killed plants of every kind, but this way was Teetee-proof!

I'm not 100% sure about each state but are you 'legally' allowed to grow 4 soil, or one hydro (coco) in your state? Is that why you do soil?

Maximum kudos to soil growers in my opinion... that's a real skill!:bow:
Haha Legally it's illegal in all states. It's decriminalised in SA, but it's not legal. Hopefully it will be soon. I'd love to repay the great advice I've received here with some nugs of my own.

Excuse the ignorance but what do you mean by "DWC"?

Deep water culture
Basically you grow in pure nutrient no medium at all apart from a small pot of clay balls fixed at the top for the plant to start off in. Not a brilliant explanation but I hope you get the drift!
An air pump delivers oxygen constantly like a mini spa!
Fantastic results but if you have a power cut, that's it :(

This part of NSW you get the feeling it's almost legal, you can smell it everywhere..... there's even a harvest festival every year with best bud competitions, joint rolling contests etc

Complacency is a killer though, hard to remember its illegal sometimes ha ha but the cops are well scary round here!

Back