Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

Have you calibrated the tester? One feed may not be so bad and its not way off. Is it showing problems?

Neville was a forgiving plant, i will keep those seeds on hand but its a personal preference.

Distilled cant be ph tested.

Have you calibrated the tester? One feed may not be so bad and its not way off. Is it showing problems?

Neville was a forgiving plant, i will keep those seeds on hand but its a personal preference.
I calibrated my tester last Friday before I started flushing my Red Poison. Having said that the tester is only a month old. I did have a cheap one from eBay, but once it became clear this was going to be an ongoing obsession, I got a better tester.

I was thinking distilled water might be a better option because it doesn't have any minerals. The water from the tap here is packed with minerals, so I thought that it might be the cause of the pH of the soil becoming more acidic as the minerals from the water are deposited is the soil.

Im a noob grower! Some minerals would be good from the water. As far as changing the soil ph yes it could. Im no help past that. You use lime in your soil?
@912GreenSkell can you help? @hecno

Yeah you guys are probably right.

I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'll keep updating. Maybe it will fix its self and I'm just being uber paranoid.

Oh im not local! I just enjoy seeing how others grow. I try to help but definitely know my limits. Im in the States, hope you don't mind if i hang out
Hahahah yeah dude I got that you were from the US when you referred to the temperature in fahrenheit. I appreciate any advice people want to offer. That how we all do better.

@missoss , Ring your local council and ask for a report on the water , they will give it to you . Tell them you are wanting to make salami and need to know the water Ph - calcuim - ect of the water and it's Hardness .
Degree of Hardness Grains per Gallon (gpg) ppm (or mg/L)
Soft <1.0 <17.0
Slightly Hard 1.0-3.5 17.1-60
Moderately Hard 3.5-7.0 60-120
Hard 7.0-10.5 120-180
----------------------------------
The degree of hardness becomes greater as calcium and magnesium content increases. The Australian drinking Water Guidelines define elevated hardness as200 milligrams of calcium and magnesium salts per litre of water.

Hahahah yeah dude I got that you were from the US when you referred to the temperature in fahrenheit. I appreciate any advice people want to offer. That how we all do better.

All that cm, mm Celsius i never learned, but im trying! :smoking:

Back