Indoor Atulip's Auto Adventures

Day 23

Most seem to be perking up a bit. I gave them a little trimming(stripped to 2-4 tops). The PPM rose a little; I just added some water to dump it back down. Res change scheduled for next week. I moved them around some so the smallest are in the center. Thanks @KingRatt for reminding me I had some of those cool LST clips hidden away. I put one of those on each branch that would fit.
View attachment 1708539

View attachment 1708540
They look to be doing a bit better! Happy for you! It might help to top feed for the first week or so a couple times a day until your roots hit the water! In the future.

They look to be doing a bit better! Happy for you! It might help to top feed for the first week or so a couple times a day until your roots hit the water! In the future.

Yeah, I've been working my head around that one. Maybe a res increase to 50gallons so I can flood up to the bottom of the net pot next grow. Or maybe a wick running from the bottom of the net pot to the water.

I could also surround the root riots with a few clay pebbles to block the light/stop the splashes early on without worrying about collars.

I've got a few things to try for next grow.:baked:

Instead of battling heat and having my tent door open anyway... How about I just rip the tent cover off the frame?

I'm losing light due to the lack of reflection, but I was able to cut on another 100w of DIY lighting on. We're about 250ppfd in the corners 600ppfd in the center. Heat is a lovely 78°F, humidity still in the 40s, humidifier is still on the list...

I also stumbled across a jar of MegaCrop 1 part. Figured we'd throw that in the res for now. Running 400ppm MegaCrop 1 part with 100ppm calimagic. I'll probably make the switch back to the 2 part next res change.

0925240513a.jpg

Instead of battling heat and having my tent door open anyway... How about I just rip the tent cover off the frame?

I'm losing light due to the lack of reflection, but I was able to cut on another 100w of DIY lighting on. We're about 250ppfd in the corners 600ppfd in the center. Heat is a lovely 78°F, humidity still in the 40s, humidifier is still on the list...

I also stumbled across a jar of MegaCrop 1 part. Figured we'd throw that in the res for now. Running 400ppm MegaCrop 1 part with 100ppm calimagic. I'll probably make the switch back to the 2 part next res change.

View attachment 1708852
Open buckets of water or even a bunch of cups of water will raise the humidity substantially

Open buckets of water or even a bunch of cups of water will raise the humidity substantially
Yeah I stuck a bucket of water infront the tent. Don't think it's done much. Might could slow the extraction fan down a bit now... I probably don't need it at full speed... though the humidity from outside the "lung" room is about 10% higher, so maybe I need more extraction...?

Next grow I'll have a humidifier and new lights... next grow I won't rip them out of the cloner too early... next grow everything will be dialed in... Always next grow... :crying:

Yeah I stuck a bucket of water infront the tent. Don't think it's done much. Might could slow the extraction fan down a bit now... I probably don't need it at full speed... though the humidity from outside the "lung" room is about 10% higher, so maybe I need more extraction...?

Next grow I'll have a humidifier and new lights... next grow I won't rip them out of the cloner too early... next grow everything will be dialed in... Always next grow... :crying:
i spend alot of time dialing things in, it took the first few weeks to get everything dialed but i think im finally good. I filled th floor space with as many containers as i could fit as my humidity was down to like 35% i kept adding containers until my humidity was up to 55%. I want stop messing with stuff until i get it right. Now i have my ac, temps and humidity dialed in so i dont need the water anymore. I run into the problem of low humidity when they plants are small and not transpiring much and im not watering with much. Spraying the walls of my tent with a waterbottle also helped. I just cant walk away until its fixed.

I just cant walk away until its fixed.

I've got the opposite problem. 10 years of growing and I still ignore my problems and put them off for tomorrow. :crying:

Even if I stunt the shit out of them, I get more bud than I had for cheaper than I can source it. No more than 75 bucks in seeds, 75 bucks in electricity, Maybe 20 bucks in ferts, 30 in other. Like a zip total is my break even point. Though I need about 4x that for personal use until the next grow finishes.

I think next grow I may only plant 5-6 seeds and see if I can get them a little bigger.

I've got the opposite problem. 10 years of growing and I still ignore my problems and put them off for tomorrow. :crying:

Even if I stunt the shit out of them, I get more bud than I had for cheaper than I can source it. No more than 75 bucks in seeds, 75 bucks in electricity, Maybe 20 bucks in ferts, 30 in other. Like a zip total is my break even point. Though I need about 4x that for personal use until the next grow finishes.

I think next grow I may only plant 5-6 seeds and see if I can get them a little bigger.
Are you strictly growing photoperiod plants?

Are you strictly growing photoperiod plants?
I'm not even sure if I have any photoperiod seeds left. Just a jar full of autos... but I think 4-5 non stunted autos should be about right for a 3'x3' table. I usually cram as many as I can for maximum variety.

I started with autos... in DWC, then moved to soil for a long time. Here's like... 40 plants in a perpetual 4x8. Used to pack em way too tight lol

IMAG0149.jpg

Like 20 photoperiod clones in the 4'x4'...
0714230952_hdr-jpg.1614091

Looking back at old grows, I've had better luck with photoperiods in hydroponics, and autoflowers in soil. I like the ease, low cost, and cleanliness of hydroponics. I've made this mediumless flood and drain method work for photoperiods, I really want it to work for autoflowers... but if I can't I'll probably switch back to mixing up soil in a couple grows...

You can hang a towel up with one end in the bucket so it wicks the water up and helps it evaporate more:d5::pass:

Back