Mephisto Genetics Atulip Sprouts Mephisto - Organic - LED

Side Project

So I let my new soil mix cook for a few weeks, here's the rundown on it.

Base soil is 1/6 peat moss, 1/6 coco coir, 1/3 petite, 1/3 worm castings. May try with no peat, coco feels lovely.

Amendments, measured by weight
4 Alfalfa Meal
1 Neem Meal
1 kelp meal
1 crustation meal
1 bone meal
1 fish bone meal
1 fish meal
1 oyster shell powder
1 sul po mag
1 glacial rock dust
1 greensand
1 gypsum powder
1 azomite
1 flaxseed meal
.2 humic acid

This will be primarily grown in my closet
  • Growlab GL80(2.5'x2.5')
  • Cree DIY conversions, 3000k and 5000k main with 6500k and 2700k supplemental. 240w total

Strains will be 5 x Walter White in 3 gallon Royal Pots. Tall designed pots, holds about 3.5gal each. 8.5" round and 12" tall. 2 pots will be at 2 cups per cubic foot nutrients amendment, 2 pots will be at 3 cups per. One of each will be started in a rootmaker seedling pot, the other 2 will be layered 2" with a seedling mix(base soil + .5cups per cubic foot amendments). The final will be mounded with a handful of seedling mix at the top.

Royal Pots - looks to be quality
IMAG1501.jpg

Rootmaker propagation pots @pop22
IMAG1504.jpg

Seeds are soaking in water overnight. Gonna sprinkle a little mykos when I stick the seeds in, and for the 2 rootmaker gals, during transplant.
IMAG1507.jpg

Space is a bit limited, but where they're at I'm reading about 350par each, gonna try to keep them under equal conditions for comparative purposes. Closet should have this Dinafem critical gone in a couple weeks. Then these 4 will share the space with 5 sweet seeds about a month old now. The 5th is in the Mephistos tent chilling wherever there's space.

IMAG1502.jpg

IMAG1503.jpg

Talk about maxing out a space!!!

And I agree if I can pull off a healthy plant til harvest on. This coco autopot run... I'll never go back... the feel of the coco in my hands is lovely

You outta add some worm castings to your mix and ditch those synthetic nutes also. :p

But yeah I'm always cramming as much as I can in my space, always needing more bud.

I am experimenting don't worry.... I don't know if you saw but I started to go organic once... then a total change of circumstances and all I moved the organics from my cannabis to my veggies. The wife still full maintains my worm bins and compost for our spring summer and fall veggies.... I may try a pot before long ???? It'll take some real convincing after my coco autopot run though

I also like it for the low maintenance, which you should have with the auto pots. Since I have the bottom fed reservoirs and a giant dehumidifier dumping purified water in it, they almost run themselves. Usually 2-3 weeks before I end up needing to refill it myself.

I want to run a drip style to my raised bed outdoors. Could run splitters to different beds in the future. Still gotta finish getting it built in and get my soil mixed up. Gonna try 6 parts coco, 4 parts perlite, 4 parts bagged organic garden soil, 4 parts mushroom compost, 1 part black kow, 1 part worm castings. Amended at 2 cups per cu ft with my amendment mix and an extra cup per cu ft of azomite. Just gotta find time to get outside.

Bit of trimming down done this week. Seeing good growth, lot of stretching. Temps have dropped pretty low lately. The exhaust fan is turned as low as I can and I'm at 70℉ at seedling area, 75℉ at the canopy.
IMAG1520.jpg

Heisenberg Special and White Train (Day 57) HS trimmed down again, 4 bud shoots removed and some fan leaves defol. Looks to be done growing vert at 27" tall.
IMAG1511.jpg

Stunted White Train is fat stick of bud. She's determined to give me sticky buds no matter how neglectful I am.
IMAG1522.jpg

White N Bubbly (Day 42) stretched all week, up to 26" now. Both were defoled this week and I may remove more shoots later.
IMAG1524.jpg

White Train and Heisenberg Special Round 2 (Day 36)
both stunted ones. White train making a stretch, decent size on her though.
IMAG1525.jpg

Heisenberg Special
IMAG1526.jpg

Chemdogging (Day 33) bushy mofos back here. I hardly see them and the giant HS needed that Defol pretty bad so they shouldn't be so shaded now. They're next up for defol sometime this week.
IMAG1523.jpg

Sour Blues (Day 26)
IMAG1527.jpg

Walter White (Day 17) looking weird and wrinkly. Topped both of them, cuz why not?
IMAG1528.jpg

IMAG1539.jpg

Sour Crack (Day 11)
IMAG1530.jpg

24 Carat (Day 4) One failed to sprout, found the seed inside and a dead little tap root. Think it's the cold lately, I'm considering putting together a little seed starting box.
IMAG1531.jpg

Chem City Blues (Day 0) 3 of these since one 24C died. In the rootmaker 4" propagation pot in my seed starting mix. Cuz I wanna try these out.
IMAG1541.jpg

2x Ripley's OG next week then we're full until something gets harvested. That'll be 20 plants in 12 sq ft of grow space.(21 with the extra Walter) Goal is a measly 1 oz per plant, or 500g/m2. Top post of Page 2 has the spreadsheet where I keep everything documented.

@Bum I go by the ole 'big roots = big fruits' rule. That's why I went the DIY fabric pots, so I could fit more soil in there and get a big ole fat root structure for tiny plants. Should mean more nutrients for less buds, so bigger buds. Secretly I want 2oz per plant, 1000g/m2. That's also 2.3gpw, I might be too high lol.

HPS is still good tech, I'd take it over cheap leds again. I was pulling about .75gpw under a 600w hps in a .8mx1m space before, all I've really done now is cut my electricity usage in half(still gonna take me about 18months to see those savings, but I also had issues with summer heat)

@A-Train they're finally filling in the tent now, doing all my math lately, even with all these pants it only costs me about $15 per, seed to harvest, counting total electricity used for 3 months, dirt reammendments, seeds. I need to get my worm bin built, I'm still having to get that online. As long as my new soil ammendment mix is good. Base mix looks good, seems to be staying moist on the wick beds well. Most of these are still in the old tweaked Coots recipe soil kit from build a soil, so I mainly need to keep an eye on these 5 Walter Whites.

Back