Mephisto Genetics Atulip Sprouts Mephisto - Organic - LED

Hmm, what are your tent temps like? Curious some of the plants are small for their age... Judging from your soil mix, I was guessing it might be on the hot side. How much espoma are you adding? Using garden tone?

On another note, this 'build your own led' thing is kind of addictive. I think Im going to put 4 3590's on each heatsink I ordered, the 1.8 inch from heatsinkusa in 42" length. They each have surface area of 2520cm^2, Thinking about running both lights from a single HLG-240H-C1750B split into 2 strings, giving each a max of 875mA, using a single POT to dim both. Should produce a lot of light from a single driver! Id like to mount 2 fans on each heatsink (4 total) and run all fans from a single driver, also with a POT to control fan speed. Do you have any recommendations for a good fan controller for 12v computer fans? Any suggestions or problems with this build that you can see? 4 cxb3590s given 1A should only require 2240cm^2 according to the data sheet I found, so this should be more than enough surface area. Id rather run 2 fans / bar at a slower speed than have one loud fan on each...

Temps are an issue. Usually lights on temps are fine and 75℉-80℉. Dark temps vary depending on how cold the house gets, had some cold weather off an on still and I've seen dark temps as low as 58℉(exhaust fan stays on but smell is a large concern for me). I stole the small heater I had in their room to put in my room, cuz I'm cold lol. But when humidity is high the dehumidifier adds some heat, I like to keep room RH at 45% and tent rh stays around 55%.

I do see some signs of over watering, but since it's a large perlite water reservoir, I'm increasing the aeration of the soil mix next. Instead of 1/3 peat, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 worm castings I'm gonna try 1/6 peat, 1/6 coco, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 worm castings. I lose some CEC in the soil mixture but increase aeration with coco. I may go full coco instead of peat, first time trying this stuff and it feels great.

Also diversified from the Coots recipe ammendments and went for a good bit of alfalfa in it. Gonna try it at a few different ammendment strengths and see what works best. Want to move to water only with maybe a few teas and get away from bottled nutes.

Last soil mix I don't remember exact amounts but I believe I got careless with adding high N bat guano.

As for the light remember that's a lot of heat in a small spot on the heatsink, but that setup should work fine, and very very efficiently. Don't know much about pots or fan speed controllers, just basic wiring and circuits.

I want to build a big light out of my HPS hood. Replace the glass with a big ole fat heatsink and put 10 x 3590s @ 1.4A and hook it up to the exhaust duct to cool it. That'd light a 4'x4' real nice and fits in with my plans to expand to a single 4'x8' tent.

Temps are an issue. Usually lights on temps are fine and 75℉-80℉. Dark temps vary depending on how cold the house gets, had some cold weather off an on still and I've seen dark temps as low as 58℉(exhaust fan stays on but smell is a large concern for me). I stole the small heater I had in their room to put in my room, cuz I'm cold lol. But when humidity is high the dehumidifier adds some heat, I like to keep room RH at 45% and tent rh stays around 55%.

I do see some signs of over watering, but since it's a large perlite water reservoir, I'm increasing the aeration of the soil mix next. Instead of 1/3 peat, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 worm castings I'm gonna try 1/6 peat, 1/6 coco, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 worm castings. I lose some CEC in the soil mixture but increase aeration with coco. I may go full coco instead of peat, first time trying this stuff and it feels great.

Also diversified from the Coots recipe ammendments and went for a good bit of alfalfa in it. Gonna try it at a few different ammendment strengths and see what works best. Want to move to water only with maybe a few teas and get away from bottled nutes.

Last soil mix I don't remember exact amounts but I believe I got careless with adding high N bat guano.

As for the light remember that's a lot of heat in a small spot on the heatsink, but that setup should work fine, and very very efficiently. Don't know much about pots or fan speed controllers, just basic wiring and circuits.

I want to build a big light out of my HPS hood. Replace the glass with a big ole fat heatsink and put 10 x 3590s @ 1.4A and hook it up to the exhaust duct to cool it. That'd light a 4'x4' real nice and fits in with my plans to expand to a single 4'x8' tent.
HMMM I have a hood just sitting here... that is what I may have to do.....

what about not taking out the glass and setting it on a fan that does not draw air in side and set up a separate scrubber fan for interior heat this would allow the fan hooked up to the hood to take out the ambient heat from the crees as well

I emailed some alibaba guy about ordering 3590s direct, have you considered that? I was considering getting 9, so I have a spare laying around, but if the price is right I might get 15 and do my mars2 400 with them also!

Oh I want to add heat to the tent. With the switch from hps to Cree I've had to cut the exhaust fan to 50% to keep temps above 75℉ during lights on. But the cooler temps will help during summer, gets pretty hot here.

Check out cutter for 3590s. They have the top bins and as far as I know the same price as Jerry @ kingbrite. (I haven't actually tried him)

Tent is full mephisto now, everything else has been harvested. Still in the old soil mix while the new one cooks but I'm cutting it with 1/3 recycled soil. Bottled nutes have ceased this week and we do a little top dressing and teas now.
IMAG1433.jpg

White Train and Heisenberg Special(Day 43) More defol for HS, she's getting majorly bushy on her own. White Train is frosting up nicely. Stunted her pretty bad, but she's still producing some frosty nugs.
IMAG1443.jpg

IMAG1435.jpg

IMAG1437.jpg

White n Bubbly(Day 28)
IMAG1438.jpg

White Train and Heisenberg Special Round 2(Day 22) HS looks sad, hasn't really sprung back up.
IMAG1439.jpg

Chemdogging(Day 19)
IMAG1440.jpg

Sour Blues(Day 12) put the HS defol on top. Soil was drying and getting a bit crusty.
IMAG1441.jpg

Walter White(Day 3) also given a little mulch.
IMAG1442.jpg

Sour Crack(Day 0) soaking and I'll get them planted later today.
IMAG1445.jpg

Starting to get bushy in here, that's what we like to see. Everyone was given a light tea, ewc, molasses, and a little kelp meal, bubbled 24hours.
IMAG1467.jpg

Heisenberg Special and White Train(Day 50) HS topped with some of the new soil. HS measuring in at 27" tall, might chop another node off, she's too bushy again. WT fatting up those little nugs.
IMAG1468.jpg

IMAG1469.jpg

White n Bubbly(Day 35) stretching upward a bit, beautiful natural bushy structure.
IMAG1470.jpg

White Train and Heisenberg Special Round 2(Day 29) Our stunted ones.
IMAG1471.jpg

Chemdogging(Day 26) Both looking great, ones getting a bit of light stolen from the Heisenberg.
IMAG1472.jpg

Sour Blues(Day 19)
IMAG1473.jpg

Walter White(Day 10)
IMAG1474.jpg

Sour Crack(Day 4)
IMAG1475.jpg

24 Carat(Day 0) soaked overnight. Still in the old soil mix cut with recycled soil.
IMAG1476.jpg

Back