Mephisto Genetics Atulip Sprouts Mephisto - Organic - LED

@Atulip I have a quick question for you. I have never tried to figure up the whole grams per square foot or meter what's the formula for it?

Like I usually run 4 plants in a 3x3 tent if I get 200 grams per plant what would the math be to figure how much I produced in my space.... and what is average/good/and awesome lol

Trim and lowers? I now have a big QT jar of coconut oil, 4 oz trim to 4 cups oil. Same for tincture, but 3 oz trim to 2 oz tincture. Usually I just made butter for brownies or something. Magical butter machine got all mine lol. But I've smoked trim, lowers(now I vape instead), bud has too much value, I hardly ever actually consume any bud myself lol.

Grams per square meter is the most common measurement of yield per space. Take your yield in grams, divide by the square meters of your space and that's your grams/m2.

Ex
800gram yield from a 3'x3'

9 sq ft / 10.7 sq ft per square meter = 0.84 m2

800/ 0.84 = 952g/m2

A killer yield. To achieve this most people would need lots of light, lots of nutes. Probably side lighting, or under lighting needed to consistency hit numbers like that. (More light on top doss not scale directly to more yield)

500g/m2 is a "good" grow for most if you properly fill your space. Some people have a 4'x4' but grow something like a single big pounder in it. Great for competition plants, huge waste of space. (300g/m2)

My numbers sway upwards because of perpetual also. If you've noticed, I have 32 sq ft now, and I give 1 plant 1 sq ft to flower under. But because of seedlings and veg pots crammed together, I actually have 42 plants in 32sq ft, so overall 3/4 of a square foot per plant. 14 plants fit per 10.7sq ft technically, so 50grams per plant becomes 700g/m2 like this. If I actually planted one per square foot at once, I'd have 10 less plants in the space, a pound less bud to yield.

To better maximize your space if you want to keep growing 4 medium sized plants rather than SoG, plant one per ~2weeks. When there small and don't require that much light, cram them in the corners, etc. You should turn 4 plants at a time into 6-8 at a time and be able get the same yields per plant. (Look at how tang does it too, 3 x 75w lights and 3 plants, shares a light for 2 smaller vegging plants, then when they're full bloom he's got 2 lights sitting on one plant. He's able to yield much more overall like this then if he just grew 3 plants at once with a single light on each)

It's the same concept as photoperiods growers having a separate veg space. More plants usually crammed in, less light overall given to them, etc. But applying that to a single tent perpetual.

I was just trying to Guage ... I've never hit those numbers but I get 200 gram autos every time when the strain permits.. I was referring to the SODK x Alien I grew as size it was 207 and I know I could get 3 in ther just don't know about 4.... I just never really run 2 of the same strain. Most of the time I'll have a sour crack or sour blues something of that nature and it's only pulling 2 to 2.5 oz tops 3

Thanks for the help man. I won't have room for side lighting but I have 2 platinum p 300 lights otw for this current grow so the LED power will be there

I did hit close to that with the 2 auto ultimates though but that was WAAAAY TOO MUCH. Of 1 strain that wasn't particularly a hit with the wife

Yeah if you're adding light that will help(wish you woulda upgrades that mars hydro instead :p) flower them in the center, veg them at the edges. Keeping any kind of perpetual does help limit wasted light and space. (4 seedlings taking up the whole space, etc)

Some of your limit may be light penetration. Running primary red/blue leds you're lacking in green light. Green light may have a lower absorption rate than the other wavelengths(hence leaves reflect green light) but that is what aides in penetrating the canopy. 2 foot colas let you yield more in the same space than 1foot, etc.

I'm planning a little underlighting myself in the future and I've been thinking something like this for a cheap/easy addition.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-...te-A19-LED-Light-Bulb-4-Pack-455675/205887197

+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-5-in-1-...hash=item210b078e0d:m:mbRn9fGyzsT-GsUEYVdQMqg

And stick it under in the middle of 4 plants. They're over 100lumens/watt (better than epi leds). (Doing the math they should be right at 1.4-1.5umol/j at the wall given a 2700k 80cri phosphor spectrum)

Attachments

• debate.JPG
    debate.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Right off the bat it looks far too good to be true. 50watts actual and 160+ lumens/watt. That's the same performance from a 50w $35 cxb3070 not including heatsink, power supply, and labor building.

Don't know if Cree smds are even that good, but they're definitely not that cheap. Less than $.20/watt and 50% efficiency, someone's fudged the numbers.

Last edited:
I know Samsung hard strips hit 160+lm/watt at around 12-13w each and I see some people building them for under/side lighting. But they come in pretty pricey as well trying to hit those numbers($1/watt) but powering/cooling is far cheaper. (Seen some using old 24v charger( CV gets you in that .7A-1A area depending on actual voltage output, and a simple way to safely run parallel strings. ))

https://www.verical.com/pd/samsung-misc-products-sib8t341560ww-904038

The newer ones are more efficient, but still a bit pricey.

Back