Mephisto Genetics Atulip Sprouts Mephisto - Organic - LED

Yes he is the man... that's why we have dubbed him "LED tech freak" and given him the badge. TBH he's one of very few that own this badge on AFN and I have never vouched for anyone else to get one.

Yeah man I got my led badge, my mephisto badge, now all I need is a couple dem trophy badges :D

@Stage it was hard to make suggestions over at 420m, lol, they're so restrictive on non sponsor content. I even have to block out photographs of my lights in pic updates. Otherwise my posts get deleted lol. Pacific light concepts and tasty led are 2 companies in the US offering pre-made cob fixtures in the 50%+ efficiency area and priced correctly. (Plc cx300 is the big one I have)

@A-Tulip, Kinda draconian MOD flow over there. Glad I found you cats.

Update on the seedlings.
IMAG2067.jpg

Not sure what's up with the Walters. Dug the failed germ out from last round and found dead little seedling right below the surface. The other 2 dead ones peeked up late and doesn't look like they'll make it. Luckily I've got a 5th 24 carat so she'll go with a round of 3 Walters.
IMAG2064.jpg

Been above soil a week now, but dying.
IMAG2066.jpg

My germ tech is pretty solid, overnight soak in tap water, then plant 1/4" deep in seedling mix, lightly cover with soil then sprinkle gently with water. Guess I'll see if any others have issues.

The 5 24 carats this week will go straight in Coots full strength mix. Going by that big healthy photoperiod I planted directly in the same mix, let's see how the seedlings do. Might just up my seedling mix and give it a little kelp meal and crab.

Our Skylar white clones aren't doing so good. And our ugly mutated Walter, I might pot her up and toss her in the corner.

IMAG2070.jpg

And the topped Walters look nice and recovered.
IMAG2069.jpg

Starting to fill the tent. :D

IMAG2068.jpg

IMAG2078.jpg

Finished my lights. A couple 72v 3000k 90cri cxb3590s on a hlg185-1400 with a 75k wired to the dimmer(1050mA) on the plc140 heatsinks. 150watts per light, 2 built. Now I've got ~650w covering about a 4'x5' long area, with ~350w covering the rest. And now I have an extra 100w Mars to 3000k(+6700k) Cree leftover :D

IMAG2075.jpg

IMAG2079.jpg

The layout looks odd but I tried to even the spread as best I could(plc cx300 was designed for a 3'x3') still need to get over to the veg side and even it out.

Extra mars to Cree, my first build. A 2 x 72v cxa3590 80cri 3000k with a couple 1512 6500k. Now I just gotta find somewhere to hang it. :smoking:
IMAG2080.jpg

3 Walters and a 24 Carat transplanted. 2 in Coots top half, 2 in build a soil, bottom half is a super soil I mixed.

IMAG2085.jpg

And our photoperiod at day 20 above soil. Directly in the Coots mix she's looking great. Topped her down to node 1.
IMAG2082.jpg

IMAG2084.jpg

Those roots look great, and I am definitely envious of the amount of space you have!!!!! I'd LOVE to have a massive area like that so I could do a better perpetual.. How the hell do you keep up with all of them?! lol

I don't. I spend about 15 mins in there in the morning, 15 at night each day.(mainly for seedlings and whatevers drying/curing) The perlite bed allows them to maintain the right moisture in the soil, so no watering needed once they're potted up. Once a week I do transplants, maybe pull some out for defol, few hours a week at most. The biggest labor is harvest, ~1 hour per oz dry bud trimming, but I am a lazy trimmer.

I've probably mentioned before but my biggest reason for switching to organics has been low maintenance. And SoG is just to maximize yield. It's far easier to manage than trying to train larger plants. But end result is what I care most about, and the expenses required to get there.(labor included) I do have little "ideas" and "projects' like wanting to graft an auto to a photoperiod, but that's just for fun.

Back