Mephisto Genetics Atulip Sprouts Mephisto - Organic - LED

Half strength soil for autos? My autos grow bigger end faster then any photoperiods I've grown. No offense to you ripper, but the kind guy seems a little too funky for my liking.

Imo, guy mixes a regular super soil for pennies on the dollar then charges an arm and a leg and targets inexperienced growers with good advertising. I don't doubt it works, just like I don't doubt a mars hydro led works...

I understand what your saying .. The way I read it is his soil has nutrients.. And at 1 pound per gallon that would supply a photo for the 5 to 6 months.. But since autos only go around 90 days or less then half the amount of food is needed..

I understand what your saying .. The way I read it is his soil has nutrients.. And at 1 pound per gallon that would supply a photo for the 5 to 6 months.. But since autos only go around 90 days or less then half the amount of food is needed..

Lower quantity doesn't change the organic ingredients release time. Some ingredients provide more readily available nutrients, and other release slowly over many months...

Lower quantity doesn't change the organic ingredients release time. Some ingredients provide more readily available nutrients, and other release slowly over many months...
Well I know that I have grown some decent plants with the lower amounts. So it does work.. I am going to reach out to Mephisto to try the GBD mix. Took my tent down last night as I am selling my house so when I move and get set up I will do a comparison of the two.. With the half strength of the kind soil.. All we can do is try it.. But for new growers it is easier than teaching them to mix nutrients and ph their mix..

Go by container size for grow times. They also list that on the kind site

This 25lb. Order will feed:

2.5 - 10 gallon plants from veg to harvest (4 month MAX veg to full harvest)

3 - 7 gallon plants from veg to harvest (3.5 month MAX veg to full harvest)

5 - 5 gallon plants from veg to harvest (3 month MAX veg to full harvest)

8 - 3 gallon plants from veg to harvest ( 2 month MAX veg to full harvest)

12 - 2 gallon plants from veg to harvest (1.5 month MAX veg to full harvest)

I'm sure it works but I can't justify the price and I even point people away from it at that price point. Sourced locally it's probably made for under $1/gallon. 1000% markup is robbery.(not including shipping)

For the gbd mix you can buy it right on the site(listed under apparel), grab some seeds and the free seeds you get more than pay for the soil lol. Subcool ingredients should be available at most garden centers for old school super soil.

As you guys were discussing this, I came to a realization that using half the batch of the subcool recipe, my "per-batch-$$" is actually closer to $100, because I still have plenty of leftover amendments to make another half-batch.. I just need to buy more base soil..

Yeah my Coots and build a soil kits comes in under $3/gallon for new soil with worm castings shipped to my door and everything else local. Reammending old soils is even cheaper(scrapping my messed up soils)

Organics is cheap.

Skylar White (Day 28) topped on day 16. Recovered nicely. Removed node 1 branches to leave 4 primary tops for each. #3, since she's a bit bigger and more vigorous I crimped her stems. Never done any kind of super cropping so we'll see what happens.

IMAG2000.jpg

IMAG2003.jpg

Less than 2 weeks after topping. (And my pale hands lol)
IMAG2001.jpg

#3 I crushed along the main stems.
IMAG2005.jpg

Little peak in the flowering side of the tent.
IMAG2008.jpg

Looks like the 24carat's getting a P lockout pretty bad. Gonna top feed them some of my high ph tap water.
IMAG2009.jpg

Back