As a grower, how do you deal with incoherent/wacky state laws covering growing and possession?

IMO Friendliness is the best strategy with almost all cops.

Even if they did find your grow (which they probably won't unless it's harvest day or trim day) because you've got carbon filters...

Even if they did and you are friendly they will take that into consideration. They could be reasonable and look the other way or mention your cooperation to the judge.

In the late 70's or maybe early 80's cops here were very tough on pot smokers. Trust me I was on the receiving end a few times... but after a traffic stop I had an RCMP reach into his pocket and "drop" my ounce onto the ground on his way to his car. It was clear and obvious that it was on purpose. He probably saw that the criminality was ridiculous.

We did get the ticket for a broken brake light but at least we kept our pot.

That said the West Coast generaly seems to be more tolerant of these things so take that into consideration.

Well, I have family members back in Mo that are in law enforcement. Kinda gets your dander up at family get togethers/reunions when they get together laughing and joking about the shit they do to people from busted taillights that magically working when you go to fix em, to swerving over the line all in order to pull you over for a ticket which turns into step out of the vehicle so we can search....our probable cause? oh we smell pot which gives us the right. To them it's a numbers game, search enough vehicles and eventually you'll find one with weed in it.
The ones they don't, go ahead and file a complaint, everyone above them is trained to say they were just following procedure and did nothing wrong. The ones that they can;t outright deny and go to trial it;s always covered by Qualified Immunity, you have to have enough money to continue onto the appeals process which is at that point about 100k minimum. They aren't worried about paying lawyers because the Dept and union foots those bills and if somehow you wing, no skin off their back cause the town, city, county etc .foots that bill. And if they do happen to have to be fired for appearances sake they already have a new, in a new Dept a couple towns over lined up so there's no break in their employment or paying into their retirement fund with the union.
It's the epitome of corruption and everyone in the game knows it and doesn't want it to change.
edit: I have one cousin that has been in 12 different depts in different towns in less than 20 years.

I toy with the idea of SOG but really there's only room in a 3x3 for four plants (three in my setup) and I doubt I'll have a kilo.

But if I head out of town and want to bring gifts it would probably take me over the 1 ounce limit so I better be careful on the road.

I toy with the idea of SOG but really there's only room in a 3x3 for four plants (three in my setup) and I doubt I'll have a kilo.

But if I head out of town and want to bring gifts it would probably take me over the 1 ounce limit so I better be careful on the road.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm safe at home. Only worry I ever had was driving 21 miles to the other count to get to the local.

Couple things….

The police are not your friend. Period.

Never, ever invite the police into your house. No matter how good intentioned you are, or the police seem… you will be powerless when the situation goes sideways. Do not be naive. The police situation today, is not as it once was. Protect yourself, don’t do the mans job for the man.

It is not your job to assist the police in their duties. That is that little part of you that wants to make the governmental daddy happy by helping. Let someone else help. Mind your business….

Once you open your door for the cops, you’re along for whatever ride they take you on. Sometimes you don’t have a choice. But if you do have a choice… make the one that benefits you, not them.

We’re not veterans who feel abused by our government. We understand the adversarial game they’re playing. It’s them vs the citizens in their eyes. They think you’re lying from the outset. They’re inherently suspicious of you. They’re looking for an easy win so they can look good for their superiors. You don’t matter. You’re just some guy…. Whose house smells like pot. Be smart. Not polite. You have no obligation to do what polite people do.

Furthermore…. It’s not enough to think like a professional criminal.

You need to think like a professional criminal defense lawyer. Your lawyer, specifically.

Questions your lawyer will ask with a stupid look on his face include:

Why did you invite the police into your house?

Why did you open the door in the first place?

Etc… you see my point.

This all gets argued in court if it goes sideways….

Wild Bills lawyer will at least have plenty of ammunition to fight with….

The other Bill? His lawyer is shopping plea deals around……

From personal experience the cops can cut a lock, walk across your yard, knock your front door right off the frame and take a look in every room in your house and walk the property. Happened to me in the middle of the night. Don't think in a small town that they don't know who can't/won't hire a lawyer. But none of it matters until they've been already been on and off the property. Supposedly got a 911 hangup even though that never happened. But it's within their rights if they're doing a safety check for a possible emergency that they can check all of your property to make sure that nobody is hiding or being hidden to find out why somebody called for an emergency and then hung up. Part of their job is knowing how to play the game. Didn't get arrested for anything at the time, but you can expect to start getting pulled over a lot more

Couple things….

The police are not your friend. Period.

Never, ever invite the police into your house. No matter how good intentioned you are, or the police seem… you will be powerless when the situation goes sideways. Do not be naive. The police situation today, is not as it once was. Protect yourself, don’t do the mans job for the man.

It is not your job to assist the police in their duties. That is that little part of you that wants to make the governmental daddy happy by helping. Let someone else help. Mind your business….

Once you open your door for the cops, you’re along for whatever ride they take you on. Sometimes you don’t have a choice. But if you do have a choice… make the one that benefits you, not them.

We’re not veterans who feel abused by our government. We understand the adversarial game they’re playing. It’s them vs the citizens in their eyes. They think you’re lying from the outset. They’re inherently suspicious of you. They’re looking for an easy win so they can look good for their superiors. You don’t matter. You’re just some guy…. Whose house smells like pot. Be smart. Not polite. You have no obligation to do what polite people do.
Well, Frank just come out and says what I was dancing around!:funny:

And that really is the sad state of law enforcement in this country. I think what's even sadder is that there is a large part of the population that just do not know their rights. Some of them to the point that they can witness cops doing wrong and support them at the time it's going on!:face:

I give what I get!
I get kindness and courtesy, that's what they get.
I get lies, BS and try to ruin Ramshod over my rights, Mr nice guy exits stage left!
I'm not stupid. I'm out and about and carrying, then I'm going to tolerate a bit more.
If I'm at my home, oh no! It is absolutely by the book! That's one thing I absolutely will not tolerate!

Yeah, the veteran thing with a little offensive, but I give non-military people a break. Most people have absolutely no idea what we do and how we have to do it.

Although I did one time quite shame woman that was bad-mouthing the military at a dinner party. I was at my sister-in-law's in LA. She didn't want me spending the holidays alone with me having to attend a school in San Diego and the wife still in Hawaii. She was a makeup artist and an aspiring actress and we went to some influential movie makers party. So you know what type of people were there!:biggrin::funny::funny:She got one of her girlfriends to bring over a bunch of clothes from some studios wardrobe, so I got dressed up. It was a good thing I would have stuck out even more so with the limited amount of civilian clothes I packed.
I have absolutely nothing in common with these people, so I was over my little corner nursing in my little drink and looking out for the girl with the hors d'oeuvres!
So long come this pretty nice looking woman in her middle 30s with three little puppy dogs following her............ Today they would have been called soy boys!:funny::funny::funny:
She was talking politics with her puppies For a bit. It was real difficult not to snicker every once in a while. Then for some reason, she started ragging on the military! So while still sitting down, I calmly and nonchalantly made a comment to her. Well, she was definitely an actress, as was evidenced by her reaction. She was a poor actress!:funny:The funny part was her puppies coming to her rescue........................... Then I stood up!:biggrin::eyebrows::eyebrows::haha:

You need to think like a professional criminal defense lawyer. Your lawyer, specifically.

Etc… you see my point.

That was my main point of my postings in this thread, especially talking about the curtilage around your home.

Honestly, I'm not worried a bit about my home, at least grow wise. A very select few know of my grow.

But the key thing is that I am prepared! My property is Properly protected and registered with the state government as being posted. My gate is always shut with a big chain and lock. I have security cameras connected to a secure network and constantly downloaded to a hard drive. The one at the door has sound.
That's the first line of defense. A quite thorough understanding of the laws and constitution are the second line in the defense. Some people can't do what I can with my property, so that makes the second line of Defense that much more important. You absolutely have to have a thorough understanding of the laws and your Constitutional protections!

Etc… you see my point.

You mean me? :redcard:

Back