Grow Room archie has another go at 1L airpots

I'm in for the ride mate, hope it works out better this time.

How much water to the oil lamp wicks soak up do you reckon? I've read shoelaces are a good option for this, or the large type candle wicks, but I've not seen anyone use oil wicks before.
anything would work that has a wicking action, the larger of course would insure more action. as long it does not contain nylon or other synthetic , cotton is the best...I use tube socks for my wick in my auto watering buckets for 5 gallon veggie garden grows.;...Pulled up a chair also @archie gemmill

:welcome: tlr :pass::welcome:Padawan :pass:no idea :shrug: shoelaces was my first thought,then someone mentioned wicks from an oil lamp.so my fav well known auction site 99p and 5 weeks later i have a yard of it.maybe the back pocket off an old pair of jeans be just as good ? or me be a better morning person and visit the cupboard more than once a day.
it was the forgetting to water each and everyday was my downfall...:wall: i hope to remember to water them as normal everyday.it has cooled down a lot from a had my last bash at 1L pots.if im running late or have 2mins to spare,even a slosh of plain water in the drip tray will be enough to stop them getting crispy on me was my thinking.
:pighug:

:welcome: tlr :pass::welcome:Padawan :pass:no idea :shrug: shoelaces was my first thought,then someone mentioned wicks from an oil lamp.so my fav well known auction site 99p and 5 weeks later i have a yard of it.maybe the back pocket off an old pair of jeans be just as good ? or me be a better morning person and visit the cupboard more than once a day.
it was the forgetting to water each and everyday was my downfall...:wall: i hope to remember to water them as normal everyday.it has cooled down a lot from a had my last bash at 1L pots.if im running late or have 2mins to spare,even a slosh of plain water in the drip tray will be enough to stop them getting crispy on me was my thinking.
My 2 litre bottle grow was set up the same way, I filled the tray every day but it's simple and bottom feeds which is much better for root structure. A few glugs of water was no big deal. I made up a bottle of nutes which would last me a few days and I just left the bottle in the grow space.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

1 day in
IMG_5705.JPG

there was a time id give them a poke :doc1:to make em sink.
into wet tissue,and this time im trying
IMG_5708.JPG

instead of a sandwich bag.
my schedule thing
IMG_5706.JPG

i like my plants to be born on a monday,so i start them on seed wetting wednesday :smoking:

Not going to try a bit a of aspirin to see if that helps get the tail?
2 days in
forgotten strawberries is lagging no tail.orange biscuites about 5mm tail and jammy dodger 1cm.
tomorrow they get potted up.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Back