Grow Room archie has another go at 1L airpots

If you do decide to get some matting Archie get the decent thick stuff, it will get algae and other detritus build up quite quickly (too much light n nutes) but the decent stuff you can just throw in a hot washing machine cycle, it would also serve as the wicks you'd mentioned. In the old days (cause it was a long time ago) in commercial greenhouses all the pots had larger than normal drainage holes (potup using slightly damp compost or it may fall out type of holes), which are then placed directly on the matting in a tray - get ones with ridged bases - the space under the matting below the ridge acts as a mini reservoir and stops the matting drying out.

!!!!! Remember a drying out matt will reverse the pull of water and suck it out of your pots!!!!!.

We would bottom feed/water only (never had problems with wet feet/root rot << that's just caused by over watering - but obviously with all our added nutes top watering till run off and then placing little pots back on matting makes more sense).

I still look at 1L pots and think NAH surely... lol

Ah hah found something I'm interested in and that's this thread right here. I just had the shop lady drop off several of these in different sizes from the 1L to 5gal. Same issue to many strains to taste so doing the same as u Archie, everything looks great,im going to finish my reading her only on page 7 now have a good one.

i had an itch so here we go again.seed wetting wednesday is upon us,the short straws.
IMG_5700 - Copy.JPG

forgotten strawberries,orange biscuits,jammy dodgers
it was the needing to water 4 times a day that done me in last time.so the plan is 2 oil lamp wicks in each pot so they can suck up from the drip tray(1L)
3x1L airpots in a 6L drip tray.JPG

good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Good idea, but that drip tray doesn't look like it holds much volume.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

i had an itch so here we go again.seed wetting wednesday is upon us,the short straws.
View attachment 952512
forgotten strawberries,orange biscuits,jammy dodgers
it was the needing to water 4 times a day that done me in last time.so the plan is 2 oil lamp wicks in each pot so they can suck up from the drip tray(1L)View attachment 952510
good luck n keep er lit.

I just got these as well, can't wait to see them grow out so I can decide what do first!! Thanks for running this journal @archie gemmill

grow them all Sam im sure they go just great with a
009.JPG

just under 1L im sure i could find better.its what came with my 6L pots,and the 3x1L fit in them nicely.i havnt learnt all my lessons from the last run,and there needs to be a certain level of eejiticity to my threads :baked:
keep er lit.

:welcome: seedlingstarter :pass:howdy HHush :pass:my set up is a bricked up,built in warbrobe with the door on the narrow side 50x95x140cm with a gn telos 0006 light.soil is biobizz lightmix with perlite and vermiculite 4:2:1 biobizz nutes fishmix,bloom,top max,alg a mic.
heres my first run https://www.autoflower.org/threads/archie-has-a-go-at-1l-airpots.64852/ nono dont do it 6L a good size or 3L at a push.

Back