Indoor Apollo's Poison in Soil

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blue Cheese, Double Cheese and Master Kush
I'm currently running a single Apollo's Poison (Ultimate Apollo X Durban Poison) from Greensmokeroom seeds. This was a freebie bean from a promotion they were running.

Soil: Freedom Farms Classic
Pot: 25L Boost Pot
Lighting: Roleadro "400W" COB 2018 Version (2x Cree CXA3070) and then a 1000W bestva added for last 3 weeks.
Nutrients: Freedom Farms Microlife, Kelp, Worm Castings, Molasses, Biobizz Bloom and Freedom Farms Fire Juice
Tent: 80x80cm
Ventilation: 400W CFM extractor

----------------------------

It's actually growing in my veg tent while I wait for my other long flowering sativa, so there isn't much extraction, but may move in a decent extractor later in its life.

The light is my first run on it. Was picked up quite cheap, so not sure what to expect, older COB tech, but should be enough I hope.

The tent has remained at between 25'C and 29'C with humidity between 55 and 65%. It seems to prefer lower temperatures given the leaf curling, but should be alright, the growth is still potent.

PS: The lazy LST placement was changed just after the photo was taken.

---------------------------

This was exactly 2 weeks from germination.

View media item 16968
View media item 16967

Last edited:

The branch structure on this plant is crazy, hard to believe it has any Durban Poison in it, given the extremely indica-like appearance. Must be getting most of its genetics from the Ultimate Apollo.

Here's what she's looking like today, at 21 days old. She's made big strides in a week and seems to be handling the temps a bit better since moving the light higher too.

View media item 16969View media item 16970

Looking good!
I have a similar COB light and was wondering at what height you kept it at for the first week of sprouting and as it progresses?

Thanks

Looking good!
I have a similar COB light and was wondering at what height you kept it at for the first week of sprouting and as it progresses?

Thanks

Thanks! In the first week I had it at around 30cm, but I found the heat was a bit much so I moved it up to around 50cm and that seems to have stopped most of the heat stress it had, and seems to still be producing tight nodes and good branching.

Day 28 since seed and she's started flowering this week. Growth has been good with some very promising structure. I removed 2 fan leaves where tucking was difficult, which opened up some inner nodes. Given that it was a Durban Poison cross, I wasn't expecting to see such Indica dominant leaf structure. But she clearly took more after the Ultimate Apollo than the Durban Poison. Tucked the two big fan leaves after taking the photos as well.

View media item 17126View media item 17127View media item 17128

Looks nice man, def a good start!

Day 33 now. Been having to tuck a lot of the fan leaves, but the tops have become very even creating a great looking canopy.

Buds are continuing to flower as they enter their second week now.

Feeding her BioBizz Bloom with a kelp foliar spray and a fish mix.

View media item 17175
View media item 17174

Day 40 of the Apollo's Poison and her 2nd week of flowering, still stretching a bit but slowing down by the looks of it, should begin bulking soon.

There was some clawing taking place on the top leaves new growth, though nitrogen levels were fairly on the low side, and had to increase feeding due to yellowing of lower leaves. After doing this, the new growth has seemed to improve with the clawing aspect. I've also moved a mycelium based cO2 generator to the tent as ambient temps here in South Africa are in the mid 30'Cs

She's taking up most of the 80x80 tent.

View media item 17275

Day 45 from seed and she's starting to fill the pistils a bit now. Week 3 of flower.

Back