New Grower CKS Random and Red Poison

Back again and there has been some progress. FYI, the drooping is from me waiting a day too long to water. They have been happy the rest of the time.

I’ve tried to keep the canopy even on Rando but it’s not as simple as it looks. Continue to to my best on it. It’s on Day 40 now and I think it may be in the preflower stage? I’m not sure if I’m out of the stretch stage yet, or if I should be doing anything else like increased defoliation/lollipopping. They had straight water today and next feed I was going to continue with another stronger dose of veg then maybe think of half and half for the next one depending on how it’s going.
776535a3b6348bc4c6e9aeb81cbccf99.jpg

78aba79df3f8a4be3ac972948b79130f.jpg

650d9385af3ea546c1170789cbdfd182.jpg

Red Poison is on Day 25 and has been two days since starting LST. I’m going to try keeping things spread out and even. Recent water I added 0.5ml/L calmag and will nudge my veg dose up on next feeding.

f55d7fce1bae775e31d7113b828dfa61.jpg

I think I’ve got my bases covered. I have been slowly raising my lights with the plant, keeping around 18 inches from the top. I’m not really sure if that’s too close or too far but I guess only more experience trying things will get that down.

Anyone see anything that I should be paying attention to or doing differently?
You seem to be finding your feet. I wouldn't do anymore for now on the flowering one. All the bud sites look to be getting light. Your LST looks good too.

Sent from my comfy chair. [emoji3][emoji41][emoji848][emoji12]

Reactions: wes
You seem to be finding your feet. I wouldn't do anymore for now on the flowering one. All the bud sites look to be getting light. Your LST looks good too.

Thanks!

Think it’ll stretch much more, or is it at the point where it is going to just start filling out? I wouldn’t be surprised if this is as tall as it gets, was a shorty to begin with.

On that note, am I at the point where I should be transitioning to flowering nutes?

Thanks!

Think it’ll stretch much more, or is it at the point where it is going to just start filling out? I wouldn’t be surprised if this is as tall as it gets, was a shorty to begin with.

On that note, am I at the point where I should be transitioning to flowering nutes?
Yes transfer to bloom, may stretch a bit more but not much judging by the size of those buds.

Yes transfer to bloom, may stretch a bit more but not much judging by the size of those buds.

Cool, here is what it looks like a day later, so it seems like there is a little stretch left.

73a73c84f98c11ec509cf2e28e3fb3de.jpg

On the next feed I’ll go half of each veg and bloom nutes and then all bloom on the one after.

I’ve been keeping the lights roughly 18” away from the top canopy, though sometimes a bit lower as the Red Poison is shorter at this time. Should I keep it where it is and let it finish stretching up to the light and then bring it closer, or should I be lowering it to 12” now? I suppose a good middle ground would be to keep it at about 18” for the Red Poison, which would put it around 14-16” away from the top of Rando.

Reactions: wes
Back again with some new pics.

Fed both girls 2 days ago and the pics are from yesterday.

Rando is at day 44 and keeps creeping higher. It’s likely slowing down at this point and the last feed was a mix of 2L with 1.0mL CalMag, 5mL Big Bloom, 1.0mL Grow Big, and 1mL Tiger Bloom. It ended up at about 650ppm and 6.4pH. Next feed I’ll remove the grow big and switch over fully to Tiger Bloom.
85254fa691bbfbb6bcf3947ad94e70d8.jpg

Red Poison is on Day 29. I watered 1L and upped the feed to 0.5mL CalMag, 2ml Big Bloom, and 1ml Grow Big @ 630ppm/6.0pH. I’ve been bending the main stalk over and decided to try a tomato plant ring to assist in the LST. The plan is to start curling the main branch around it and tie down the side branches as needed. We’ll see how it goes, should be a fun experiment if nothing else.

7a4bcfb1f0677a85a774c2ca02cb27b2.jpg

Well a bit more than a week older. Things have been a bit busy here so I haven’t been that active, but I have been keeping up with my journal and daily pictures. I’ll post a few of each to help show the progression.

Here’s Day 48 for Rando
1cde57d3c10af24d719456c5b54d4699.jpg

There had been a bit of minor burn on the tips but at the same time, some yellowing I’d lower leaves. I’ve also noticed some brown spotting on the occasional leaf which Could be due to Calcium or Magnesium deficiency.

Now on day 52
a91927e15fa995fb93e82753c37384f1.jpg

Buds are coming along nicely, still more yellowing on lower leaves, still with a few brown spots but not worse. The last feeding I didn’t up the amount because of the minor tip burn. I only went fully Bloom nutes (3L water, 2.5mL Tiger Bloom, 5mL Big Bloom, 1.0ml CalMag)

Now for the Red Poison, here is Day 33
cd733cb5134060c98388496cfb8d4387.jpg

The metal ring is actually kinda handy. It has kept things reasonably even and gives a good base to tie to. I have noticed a few brown spots, similar to Rando, so maybe I’m going a bit light on the CalMag? Might be worth upping it for the next waterings

And here is day 37
f8a6c95527ba52cbe056722cdb597d66.jpg

Preflowering looks to be starting and I’d expect also the stretch. The tops on this one are slightly more even than Rando so I think the ring was worth the try.

Of course, here is a family shot to finish up with
5defef8908107354c620ecc34a490894.jpg

Not too shabby!

Just stumbled on this thread with a red poison search. A little late but I’m looking forward to following along. Plants look good and can’t wait to see how your red poison progresses. It’s definitely on my list for next cpl grows. Good luck!

Just stumbled on this thread with a red poison search. A little late but I’m looking forward to following along. Plants look good and can’t wait to see how your red poison progresses. It’s definitely on my list for next cpl grows. Good luck!

Great! Thanks for popping by. The Red Poison is gonna be interesting. There is a bit of red on a few stems and some slight colouring on some leaves in the preflowers. It’s also in its stretch phase so there are daily changes. Much more exciting then the first 2-3 weeks.

Ask, to follow up on my comments of the brown spots I’d figure is post a pic. This is on only one or two leaves on the red Poison, but on several on Rando.

eeaebaa1222f62b21d9969245323ee8b.jpg

Great! Thanks for popping by. The Red Poison is gonna be interesting. There is a bit of red on a few stems and some slight colouring on some leaves in the preflowers. It’s also in its stretch phase so there are daily changes. Much more exciting then the first 2-3 weeks.

Ask, to follow up on my comments of the brown spots I’d figure is post a pic. This is on only one or two leaves on the red Poison, but on several on Rando.

eeaebaa1222f62b21d9969245323ee8b.jpg
It's day 50. Its not unusual for fans to start the process of dying. Unless it stunts growth or hits your whole plant suddenly, just sit back, relax and observe. [emoji106]

Fire one off for me [emoji108] HG

Looks like a cal-mag def,Might want to add a bit more in your feeds as leds tend to make the plants use it up quicker :thumbsup:

Back