New Grower CKS Random and Red Poison

Hey @4d-Rock I'm going to tag along here as I'm also growing some Crop King Seeds in Pro-Mix HP - the Early Miss and White Widow autos. I'm on day 45 and 30 respectively. We might even be growing the same thing as I'm assuming you grabbed one of those random mixed packs? I've heard mixed reviews about CKS but mine aren't looking too bad so far so I'm eagerly optimistic. How's your random looking since your last update? Any new pics? Good luck with your grow

Reactions: wes
Thanks @Froot n Fuel for the link. I have read through many of @autobeasts posts and there is a wealth of info. I was hoping to try topping like he does but I don’t think it would be recommended now with the slow start. I will likely be doing some LST to try to keep a short, even canopy.

Cool, thanks for stopping by @Mavadines !

It may be the same strain, and actually, my first 3 plants were the White Widow auto from CKS. Overall it seems like a good, hearty strain which weathered the storm of my noob-ness. I still have one more seed so I’ll likely give it another go in my new setup.

I do have some updates.
Rando is on Day 24, and seems to have liked the feed. Next watering will be plain, but will start my feeding every other water regiment. I’ll start incrementally increasing the strength weekly or as required.
3196dae024f097c33173cf63972f8024.jpg

The Red Poison is coming along at day 9. Still in the slow phase but will keep my eyes on it. Still working on dialing in my watering. I know I’ve overwatered in the past so I’ve been trying to give any extra day when I start getting that urge to water. No nutes for this one for another week or two.
a232c290989b5bdb4c07d133101c63e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, back with an update

Rando is filling out nicely. It’s on day 29 and I decided that I’d start LST. I’ve got a before and after shot below. The main stalk is still bendable, but fairly stiff lower down so I may have waited a bit too long but we’ll see. I’ll take it slow.
d424e53b7b28e419a035abb339d3bcae.jpg

0ed95c3c4593ba255bb52e32863c958a.jpg

I’m contemplating pruning the few big fan leaves to expose those lower nodes. Is it too soon for that? Or can I lop off the 2-4 large ones to open it up?
Then, once the lower nodes get a bit bigger I can continue the LST on them.

Red Poison is up to day 14. Still in the slow phase and seems to have a bit of a deformed leaf set on one side. I’m sure it’ll be fine once it grows past it.
6f77db71d8d454f854ab0aabd22babee.jpg

Next watering will be tonight or tomorrow. Rando will be getting a bump up to 2mL Big bloom, 1mL of of Calmag and Grow Big per litre. RP will get straight water.

looking good, dude.
i'm no LST pro i'm afraid...side branching looks nice and strong to me as it is :thumbsup:

Well, I think the LST is working out and things are going generally pretty good. Plants seem relatively happy but not winning any races either!

Rando is on Day 34 and got 1L of ph’d water. Next one is a feed day where I will be nudging the strength up a bit. I’ve been trying to keep up on the LST to keep the main cola in check and the lower branches climbing. I’m just trying to mimic what I’ve seen in other journals.

4db6f2caa4d5d0a2039a15e8acef662a.jpg

The Red Poison at Day 19 is coming ok but has had a weird bent leaf where one half is shorter on the blades than the other. And also the next node kind of came in crooked like it was also affected. I might have gotten a mutie, hopefully it’s just a phase! The last watering I started using the Big bloom (1mL/L) and a bit of CalMag (0.5ml/L) and the next feed I will be adding a touch of the Grow Big.

542b2e51513f0a0d4fd722ef242d520d.jpg

Looking good :thumbsup:

I wouldn't worry about the red poison,All the strains i've grown from sweetseeds has had deformed leafs on them near the start but always grow out of it.

Looking good :thumbsup:

I wouldn't worry about the red poison,All the strains i've grown from sweetseeds has had deformed leafs on them near the start but always grow out of it.

Alright, good to know!

Both ladies received a feeding today. Rando is now on day 36 and got 2L with 1.0mL CAlMag, 4mL Big Bloom, and 2mL Grow Big. This brought it to about 650ppm and ph’d to 6.3. If it takes to this one alright I might up the dosage again.
I’ve been working on the LST daily and they don’t really like staying in place too well, but it seems to be working. Might have to try a different method of tying down.
91cf326d2cce50a75fddcfdcf97e2888.jpg

Red Poison is on Day 21 and got 1L with 0.5mL CalMag, 1mL Big Bloom, and 0.5ml grow big.
Since this one also seems to be growing quite slow I don’t think I’m going to try topping. Only at 3 nodes and @autobeast recommended only topping if you had 4-5 nodes by day 15-20. I might start LST on this one soon and keep it evened out that way.

3fe812ca117d0a24c0e61bf28073fd67.jpg

Overall, both have seemed healthy. No major drooping or miscolourations so far. Just gotta keep that going!

Sorry my post should have said " all the red strains " lol

Didn't have any deformities in my cream caramels but had them with - dark devil - bloody skunk - red poison - black cream

Sorry my post should have said " all the red strains " lol

Didn't have any deformities in my cream caramels but had them with - dark devil - bloody skunk - red poison - black cream

Ahh, gotcha. Well I’ve got seeds from two red strains and one cream. I guess we’ll see how they fair when I get there. But for now... let’s get a respectable yield out of these two

Back again and there has been some progress. FYI, the drooping is from me waiting a day too long to water. They have been happy the rest of the time.

I’ve tried to keep the canopy even on Rando but it’s not as simple as it looks. Continue to to my best on it. It’s on Day 40 now and I think it may be in the preflower stage? I’m not sure if I’m out of the stretch stage yet, or if I should be doing anything else like increased defoliation/lollipopping. They had straight water today and next feed I was going to continue with another stronger dose of veg then maybe think of half and half for the next one depending on how it’s going.
776535a3b6348bc4c6e9aeb81cbccf99.jpg

78aba79df3f8a4be3ac972948b79130f.jpg

650d9385af3ea546c1170789cbdfd182.jpg

Red Poison is on Day 25 and has been two days since starting LST. I’m going to try keeping things spread out and even. Recent water I added 0.5ml/L calmag and will nudge my veg dose up on next feeding.

f55d7fce1bae775e31d7113b828dfa61.jpg

I think I’ve got my bases covered. I have been slowly raising my lights with the plant, keeping around 18 inches from the top. I’m not really sure if that’s too close or too far but I guess only more experience trying things will get that down.

Anyone see anything that I should be paying attention to or doing differently?

Back