Lighting All LED Indoor Grow- Quantum Boards vs AutoCob's

Definitely a good run brotha so promix huh? Isn’t that soiless? I can’t bring myself to go back to soil. Although watering everyday in coco sure gets cumbersome. Can u water daily to runoff in promix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's a soil less medium. I mixed the first batch with organic rice hulls for extra aeration and I'm using 3 gallon fabric pots. I went away from the soil I just prefer it for the veggies out door too many bugs inside. I know how to deal with it just got tired. I need a cleaner grow but no water source in the room so with my health hydro is a no go. I am loving this Promix and I know I could water more frequently but I am trying to not water as often but water thoroughly when I do. It's going well for me and has greatly cut down my work load as I am not using as much water since not watering daily basically. Also I do not see the auto's smaller at this point in age in the 3 gallon pots vs the usual 5-10 gallon pots I would run before which is great because that's less medium which is less $$. I would trust it for daily watering but would have to test it I cannot say for sure. I can however tell you if that's what you're looking for Tupur is your answer and something I want to try again when I need more medium. It's not cheap but good shit. I want to go back to as close to hydro as I can get but hate pure coco just my opinion but the weed in straight coco has less taste. I'm not trying to argue with anyone over that it's what I have experienced first hand. I need to figure something more automatic and right now I'm not sure if I will be going to blumats or just setting up the flood tables with a res each and do flood and drain. we will see. I don't mind the hand watering but want to ease the workload especially with health declining as of late.

Yes it's a soil less medium. I mixed the first batch with organic rice hulls for extra aeration and I'm using 3 gallon fabric pots. I went away from the soil I just prefer it for the veggies out door too many bugs inside. I know how to deal with it just got tired. I need a cleaner grow but no water source in the room so with my health hydro is a no go. I am loving this Promix and I know I could water more frequently but I am trying to not water as often but water thoroughly when I do. It's going well for me and has greatly cut down my work load as I am not using as much water since not watering daily basically. Also I do not see the auto's smaller at this point in age in the 3 gallon pots vs the usual 5-10 gallon pots I would run before which is great because that's less medium which is less $$. I would trust it for daily watering but would have to test it I cannot say for sure. I can however tell you if that's what you're looking for Tupur is your answer and something I want to try again when I need more medium. It's not cheap but good shit. I want to go back to as close to hydro as I can get but hate pure coco just my opinion but the weed in straight coco has less taste. I'm not trying to argue with anyone over that it's what I have experienced first hand. I need to figure something more automatic and right now I'm not sure if I will be going to blumats or just setting up the flood tables with a res each and do flood and drain. we will see. I don't mind the hand watering but want to ease the workload especially with health declining as of late.

Have you ever thought of doing hempy buckets? I'm doing a 2l hempy perpetual grow but I've seen a lot of other growers use bigger containers and honestly if you wanted to keep your 3 gallon that would work too. It's basically a passive hydro system with a hole ~2" from the bottom of the container to allow overflow of water to come through. If you wanted to automate it a little bit you could get drip irrigation and not have to do a damn thing and watch them blossom. People normally use 75% perlite and 25% vermiculite but I'm just using 100% perlite because my local hydro store doesn't Cary vermiculite anymore. I water every 2-3 days in my 2l hempys. Without the vermiculite I have to water more but if I had the vermiculite In their to basically wick up water from the "reservoir" then I know I could easily leave them for 3-4 days without worry. you can even re-use the perlite if you wanted to. Super cheap and I barely water compared to my past grows.

I do agree that your grow is looking great though so whatever you're doing is working damn well.

Shot of the flower tent as promised

13dfaa9232299ea495c9188957b471db.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Look into ppk systems massive growth minimal maintenance . Besides having to fill a res . And train you plants.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Shot of the veg and flower tents. All three Dark Plasma cuts rooted and the first Bean of my GG#4x Satori is a girl :)

Only one of the four Jawa pie beans pooped. Let's see what happens.

14d7bcaf9a880fd0dee3912760d30b27.jpg
ad1e052d042d1228d704e341aa01059b.jpg

Absofuckinglutely perfect!
This is the prime reason why a scrog is important. Anyone who has had questions about training can learn all they need to know from this one picture alone. Plants do not grow to a certain height and then flatten out. They grow into x-mas trees or bean poles lol. If you took pat readings at every bud on a tall skinny plant you would be shocked. The top would be getting to much and the lowers wouldn’t get enough. If you took part readings here they would all be the same and the par is subject to the lights and light height. More leaves getting light this way, even light and as much across the whole plant as you want. I would say a scrogged tent can produce as much as 50% more than an untrained tent.

This is the prime reason why a scrog is important. Anyone who has had questions about training can learn all they need to know from this one picture alone. Plants do not grow to a certain height and then flatten out. They grow into x-mas trees or bean poles lol. If you took pat readings at every bud on a tall skinny plant you would be shocked. The top would be getting to much and the lowers wouldn’t get enough. If you took part readings here they would all be the same and the par is subject to the lights and light height. More leaves getting light this way, even light and as much across the whole plant as you want. I would say a scrogged tent can produce as much as 50% more than an untrained tent.
Thanks brother. This is my first time ever doing a SCROG. While I do not have a PAR meter I did use a cheap lux meter app on my phone to measure across the canopy and make sure the numbers were the same. I'm excited to see this tent flower out. It's my first time running the 3K AutoCobs for flower too.

Is SCROG any better than super cropping or even LST? SCROG is basically LST right?

I removed my trellis net because I needed to pull pots out of the tent to flush them etc. Now I'm not sure I see the value in putting it back in. I'm experimenting with super cropping and I'm liking how well it works. And access to the pots and mobility is easy. Guess it might really comes down to personal preference. Just find a way to level off the canopy right?

Back