Lighting All LED Indoor Grow- Quantum Boards vs AutoCob's

Not sure how I missed the update pics. Wish I had extra room to put up the other tent, but have to keep the wife happy and just run with what I have for now. I'm just waiting on mine to pop up.

@Evil-Mobo

I just need to tell you that I think it's hilarious that you are growing a sunflower plant just to shut someone up. Totally sounds like something I would do.

Anyways,

Plants are looking good and I love your setup. I keep seeing everyone with a bunch of autocobs and I only have 4(which for my space is good). I think I need to tell my girlfriend that I need my birthday gifts early this year and that the only thing I want are autocobs so get me a few.

Sounds like it'll work in theory...

Lol I'm in for the rest of the grow and I can't wait to see that hunky sunflower later.
Yeah I have a buddy who also grows he is kind of like a grower mentor for me with the photos and what not but he's still stuck on HID lighting and has watched all of my LED adventures. He said the COB's would not grow the sunflower properly so I said what the heck. He also told me I wouldn't fill the SCROG lol. He's been a little quite as of late on commenting and is now starting to look at the COB's. Just some good old fashion fun with a friend. You can't do that oh I can't "hold my beer" watch this. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah I have a buddy who also grows he is kind of like a grower mentor for me with the photos and what not but he's still stuck on HID lighting and has watched all of my LED adventures. He said the COB's would not grow the sunflower properly so I said what the heck. He also told me I wouldn't fill the SCROG lol. He's been a little quite as of late on commenting and is now starting to look at the COB's. Just some good old fashion fun with a friend. You can't do that oh I can't "hold my beer" watch this. Lol

I mean until cobs I was the same way. HPS all day every day was the way to go. Once you see what 1000w hps lights can do growth wise with a DWC system it's kind of hard to believe in anything else. But I believe in these cobs and I believe in GPW and also how much electricity in using overall vs total yield

I was always a .8-.9 gpw grower with HID and yes you're right a thouie with dwc is monstrous. I need to see how to get the best out of what the room could handle power wise. Not my place. My entire grow is basically pulling 100watrs more than just the big tent with the two 600's in hoods. And that's when they're on all the time. I broke the 1gpw on the first run with these AutoCobs and my last run was 1.5gpw. That measurement to me is worthless to compare different grows but it's a good tool for one to watch how they might be progressing. Grams per square foot is a.better measurement to me. So basically how I see it I'm using almost half the power as before so the yield would have to be half as much as usual to find a break even point right. But my production is increasing and I've never had frost and terps like under these LED lights. You get smaller denser buds than HID and more of them. I am curious to see how the SCROG works as I added the 5 the light in the two smaller tents and have more uniform lights coverage across the canopy. Exciting times. Having fun proving people wrong and growing some dank what's not to like :)

I was always a .8-.9 gpw grower with HID and yes you're right a thouie with dwc is monstrous. I need to see how to get the best out of what the room could handle power wise. Not my place. My entire grow is basically pulling 100watrs more than just the big tent with the two 600's in hoods. And that's when they're on all the time. I broke the 1gpw on the first run with these AutoCobs and my last run was 1.5gpw. That measurement to me is worthless to compare different grows but it's a good tool for one to watch how they might be progressing. Grams per square foot is a.better measurement to me. So basically how I see it I'm using almost half the power as before so the yield would have to be half as much as usual to find a break even point right. But my production is increasing and I've never had frost and terps like under these LED lights. You get smaller denser buds than HID and more of them. I am curious to see how the SCROG works as I added the 5 the light in the two smaller tents and have more uniform lights coverage across the canopy. Exciting times. Having fun proving people wrong and growing some dank what's not to like :)

There's just so many different ways to grow it is fun. I understand completely though about the switch to cobs. one thing I do see so far is my nugs are just cryatally as hell and the terps are really starting to pop just like you said.

I never got better than like .5gpw with my 2000w which is actually pretty bad but I never trained besides defoliation.

Now that I'm down to 220w pulling from the wall I want at least 1gpw with a full room of SOG clones in a 2x4x6 area

Flower tent is sleeping will get a pic in the next day or so. Not in for much chatting tonight completely exhausted. Here's some shots of the 4x8 and the veg tent
9a060ef1260f6a5880d572aa8fe75985.jpg
e0adfa9dd01e0d0d4c0aeef671a80dc1.jpg
6940292e6b12e33058f0cf9bcd6f5393.jpg
67e7ee6103bb5525531c142dde81fef3.jpg

Can't help it with all the pics lol just so happy with the health of things right now. Few shots of the 4x8 with the autos and the sunflower . Also a shot of the veg tent. I'm excited because my Jelly Bean [HASHTAG]#1cross[/HASHTAG] (Satori x GG#4) is showing white hairs so I think it's a girl. This is the third time my first Bean of one of my crosses is a girl it's crazy. I'll grab a pic of the flower tent later on when the lights come on.

Thanks for checking in
3a5d4deb8e87e0354e9e57e501e42c5c.jpg
744d8a16511c3413ffc463d1b9cb320d.jpg
196993d028a16417a0227451d827e504.jpg
69b0ec0d3ac760860d4822e3a5b1fce1.jpg

Last edited:
A lot to be happy about brotha. Those girls look like they’re getting exactly what need. Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man it's been a lot of work but the results are keeping me motivated. I still can't believe I'm at 3-4 days between watering. I'm digging the Promix straight up for medium. My organic soil was a lot more work and a lot more frequent waterings. This Flora Nova line is a breeze I'm glad I decided to try it again. It's what In started with but I never had plants like this before. Not to brag but I'm very happy and I feel this so far is my best run ever and going back to nutrients has simplified my work load greatly.

Back