AFN welcomes Horticulture Lighting Group!

Not all times, definitely before the lights come off like most do. Then after the lights turn on they take a while to perk up but they do eventually.
I think I was just careless and overwatered them, they are all looking great this morning, watered them again last nite but less this time, been away all day, so be good to see what they look like,

I think I was just careless and overwatered them, they are all looking great this morning, watered them again last nite but less this time, been away all day, so be good to see what they look like,
I think the first day was just stress from the new lights then the rest of my days were over watered as well. Just bad timing and too much love I guess haha.

I only pop in every once and a while and I saw this thread. Guys, I have used an HLG light for 3 years and I cannot strongly enough recommend them. Nothing fancy, just simple robust, high efficiency photons at a great price.

Carry on grow nerds.

Hey @Les @HLG - I have a 260W XL QB V2 RSPEC. The red lead off the potentiometer came with a soldered resistor (just googling around a bit, it looks like a 1K OHM resistor). The resistor snapped off, so now I just have a red wire sans resistor. It would be kind of a pain for me to solder a new one on there at this point in time. If I understand correctly (and I'm not sure that I do), the resistor just prevents the dimmer from going down to zero? Provided that I just steer clear from the low end of the dimmer, any reason (safety or otherwise) why I need to solder a new resistor on there as opposed to just plugging the soldered end of the wire into the wago? There is a link to a YouTube video on your website that shows how to hook up the potentiometer, but the video just shows two regular wires, no resistor. Thanks in advance!

I've been DIY'ing QB lights for 5 years. I've never used a resistor in the circuit and I've never had an issue.

Hey @Les @HLG - I have a 260W XL QB V2 RSPEC. The red lead off the potentiometer came with a soldered resistor (just googling around a bit, it looks like a 1K OHM resistor). The resistor snapped off, so now I just have a red wire sans resistor. It would be kind of a pain for me to solder a new one on there at this point in time. If I understand correctly (and I'm not sure that I do), the resistor just prevents the dimmer from going down to zero? Provided that I just steer clear from the low end of the dimmer, any reason (safety or otherwise) why I need to solder a new resistor on there as opposed to just plugging the soldered end of the wire into the wago? There is a link to a YouTube video on your website that shows how to hook up the potentiometer, but the video just shows two regular wires, no resistor. Thanks in advance!

@Les @HLG i just noticed that the 600W QB288 V2 R spec Quantum Board has been discontinued :crying: Is HLG going to put something else in that 600w range? Why would they discontinue without having another light to put in its place?

I'll look into this. I suspect it's being replaced by all new LEDs.

@Les @HLG i just noticed that the 600W QB288 V2 R spec Quantum Board has been discontinued :crying: Is HLG going to put something else in that 600w range? Why would they discontinue without having another light to put in its place?

Back