Aerogarden CS Sex Change

nice theory - you thought it would of been done already though

must have something to do with externally touching plant

Yes it does seem like somebody would have tried this at one point or another... However the new theory is that the cs destroys or prevents copper from being absorbed or utilized. I can't remember all of it but it sounded like copper was necessary for female flower production. I don't know but it is something to look into!

I've done this. Exact experiment with cs water feed. It works twice as fast. I sprayed a plant down and by accident i. Dropped the container into the medium. Was about one cup. I flushed it once it started showing deficiency and then spreyed the plant again within 1.5 weeks I started seeing pollen sacks. That was just one plant and I did spray to but it seemed to have faster results.

By medium I am assuming you mean coco or the like? Hmm, this would greatly simplify things. Do you feel you had one gallon worth of medium, the aerogarden reservoir is one gallon. One cup to a galling of solution would seen a decent ratio.

I wonder why it started to show deficiency?

Still no preflowers... Should be coming along within this week or next. Upped the Nitrogen... Bottom leaves are yellowing! Yikes!!
RHMIRFQN - Copy.jpg

Hooray!

Preflowers finally noted at the top most leafs! Spraying begins today. Again, only a light misting of the growing branches that will contain flowers.

Once again, thanks to Bob's discovery that every other day spraying does an equally good job at reversal I am hoping that daily light mistings of key areas will produce results without harming fan leaves and other adverse reactions to the plant.

As Bob has pointed out there is a sketchy area here since the plants being treated seem to get most of their water from the spray and require little watering. This being hydroponically grown seems to warrant a caution flag and light applications that dry fast seem to be the best application method with this growing style.

preflowers - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Hooray! Preflowers finally noted at the top most leafs! Spraying begins today. Again, only a light misting of the growing branches that will contain flowers. Once again, thanks to Bob's discovery that every other day spraying does an equally good job at reversal I am hoping that daily light mistings of key areas will produce results without harming fan leaves and other adverse reactions to the plant.

View attachment 303576

awesome , now the fun begins

thanx for the reminder , i didnt update my experiment , yes the plant i sprayed every second day did fully reverse and yes it is dropping pollen

i think i waited too long to give flowering nutes cause she isnt dropping a lot , the seeded plants are seeded though

peace

Thanks for the reply Bob! Good to see that your experiment was a success!

Once again, thanks to Bob's discovery that every other day spraying does an equally good job at reversal I am hoping that daily light mistings of key areas will produce results without harming fan leaves and other adverse reactions to the plant.

As Bob has pointed out there is a sketchy area here since the plants being treated seem to get most of their water from the spray and require little watering. This being hydroponically grown seems to warrant a caution flag and light applications that dry fast seem to be the best application method with this growing style.

View attachment 303576

if possible id say add to the volume of air when using c.s in a hydro grow , thats just my thinking and not scientificly proven or anything , just makes sense to me

peace

Back