Advice on a perpetual grow

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about starting to grow autoflowers perpetually. I want keep it small and more managable so I only want to grow two autos at a time. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best second tent set up to invest in and the ideal time in between germination of new seeds (I'll be growing mostly Mpehisto strains). My flowering tent would be my current one which is closet sized, 2x4. I use 2x 96 QB Elites for lighting in it. Ideally I would like my veg tent to be a little smaller, 2x2. Ideas for lighting would be greatly appreciated. Also, would I be able to get away with a shorter than 6ft veg tent? And would I necessarily need exhaust for it? Anyone who grows autos perpetually or has any knowledge of it please feel free to throw in your 2 cents so I can make a sound growing investment!

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about starting to grow autoflowers perpetually. I want keep it small and more managable so I only want to grow two autos at a time. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best second tent set up to invest in and the ideal time in between germination of new seeds (I'll be growing mostly Mpehisto strains). My flowering tent would be my current one which is closet sized, 2x4. I use 2x 96 QB Elites for lighting in it. Ideally I would like my veg tent to be a little smaller, 2x2. Ideas for lighting would be greatly appreciated. Also, would I be able to get away with a shorter than 6ft veg tent? And would I necessarily need exhaust for it? Anyone who grows autos perpetually or has any knowledge of it please feel free to throw in your 2 cents so I can make a sound growing investment!
@hope2grow
@St. Tom
I'm sure these guys can help you out, they know what thier at when it comes to growing Autos perpetually.

I would just run one 4x4 tent (drop on plant every thirty days would be pretty perpetual). I would not see a need for a flower and a veg tent. I run a a gorilla shorty tent (5ft) and it works fine do some light LST and watch the heights of plants you buy. Mephistos descriptions are pretty spot on so you should be fine. I would also get an an exhaust some of the Mephisto strains are real stinky and as much as you like bud you do not want it taking over your house it gets old trust me. Plus you can by a cheap fan and exhaust off amazon these days. I bought a super cheap one for a breeding tent I have an it works fine.

I would just run one 4x4 tent (drop on plant every thirty days would be pretty perpetual). I would not see a need for a flower and a veg tent. I run a a gorilla shorty tent (5ft) and it works fine do some light LST and watch the heights of plants you buy. Mephistos descriptions are pretty spot on so you should be fine. I would also get an an exhaust some of the Mephisto strains are real stinky and as much as you like bud you do not want it taking over your house it gets old trust me. Plus you can by a cheap fan and exhaust off amazon these days. I bought a super cheap one for a breeding tent I have an it works fine.
Thanks for your reply. I would love to have a bigger grow space but it's just not possible in my home, that's why I stuck to a tent that can fit inside of a closet. One thing that would turn me away from germing one seed at a time is what if that seed dwarfs or has unforseen issues. Then I would be out a harvest of 2 plus oz for a month and that would put me in the same spot I am now. I'm looking to have a steady supply of flower, leaning toward an excessive amount lol

And the reason I thought I might not need exhaust in a veg tent is because they won't smell during that stage and they like higher RH. Thanks again for your reply I appreciate the input.

Would this light be good enough to veg 2 meph autos in a 2x2 tent? And if it is when is the best time to get them out of the veg tent and into my flowering tent? Would it be when pistils show or would I wait until the stretch is done? Again, anyone can feel free to add in I appreciate all of the help!

Amazon product

Would this light be good enough to veg 2 meph autos in a 2x2 tent? And if it is when is the best time to get them out of the veg tent and into my flowering tent? Would it be when pistils show or would I wait until the stretch is done? Again, anyone can feel free to add in I appreciate all of the help!

Amazon product

I'm sure this guy can help you out with lighting info, he's the Rep for HLG lighting about here,
@Les @HLG

Thanks for your reply. I would love to have a bigger grow space but it's just not possible in my home, that's why I stuck to a tent that can fit inside of a closet. One thing that would turn me away from germing one seed at a time is what if that seed dwarfs or has unforseen issues. Then I would be out a harvest of 2 plus oz for a month and that would put me in the same spot I am now. I'm looking to have a steady supply of flower, leaning toward an excessive amount lol

And the reason I thought I might not need exhaust in a veg tent is because they won't smell during that stage and they like higher RH. Thanks again for your reply I appreciate the input.
Yeah with small space that will slow you down. A veg tent is semi redundant with autoflower. You are going to get backlogged and honestly I have some strains that start flower in 15 20 days. You are going to end up getting backlogged or your veg tent is only going to save you very short about of time. I would just run two tents. Do in one and in your second tent run one plant but make sure it is one that is large. There are some strains out there that if dialed in you can pull 6 oz plus consitantly. If you really dial it in there are plenty of strains that can pull a lb.

Check ppfd charts to see if the required ppfd will be available to the plants before you purchase a light. Imo a 2×4 tent is not ideal for perpetual and as someone mentioned no need for a veg tent . In a 4×4 you could start an auto every two weeks . That should give you a start and later on could cut back to every 3 weeks for seed pop. As some autos take a little longer.

I just ordered a 2x2x4' tent for seedling/young veg plants. A single QB 288 Rspec with a HLG120H-54 would work fine in a tent that small for veg.
The real purpose of an exhaust fan is to keep fresh air circulating through the tent, so yes, you should have a fan. For veg tents I just use cheap duct fans, they move enough air for the job. I'd use a 6" fan if the tent will accommodate that size.

@AJrexxx Ok I'm starting to lean more toward keeping my perpetual grow in one tent. With that said, now I'm considering getting a bigger tent lol, 48x48x80. @Les @HLG Would my 2x 96 QB Elites be enough light? If not what should I consider buying to reach adequate lighting in that size of a tent for autos of all life stages? Also, my current exhaust is an AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6. Would that be sufficient enough? Thanks a ton for all the input guys!

Back