New Grower About to buy! Any suggestions? Much love.

Also just curious, is it normal for the soil way down, like 3/4 down of the 3gal pot to be lower by 1-2pH versus the middle to only a few inches down? Is it still adjusting itself... since the watering I did less than a day ago or w.e ?
I'm really not that familiar with Black Gold + Perlite watering/drainage...or growing anything and working with soil for that matter lol :haha:

Right where the seeds are and just below are between 6.1-6.5 but the lower I go in all 3 pots the lower the pH seems to go. That was from checking last night with the Control Wiz. I haven't tampered with the soil today to check pH. I'm doing my best to forget about them and just let them do their thing.

:bow:

Don't know the first thing about your probe, but the more of the sensor in the soil should be more accurate.

No idea about PH, sorry man. My soil doesn't require any PH testing or adjusting.

Don't know the first thing about your probe, but the more of the sensor in the soil should be more accurate.

Yeah idk the directions of the Control Wizard say stick it in to desired depth, pack tightly around the pole and wait 10 mins for reading. I'm sure it'll be fine either way.

No idea about PH, sorry man. My soil doesn't require any PH testing or adjusting.

NP man, I want some of your soil! I'll just let nature take over from here then :thumbsup:

Thanks to both of you, learning a lot real quick! :bow:

Anyone can get this soil kit. A lab in California that formulates high brix soil amendments for vegetable growers has made this specific blend kit solely for growing cannabis. The guy is on another forum but I can PM the info if you like.

As soon as these lil guys pop out the journal and countdown begins! Thought I'd share a pic cause I'm super excited and having trouble not bothering/checking on them every hour. :biggrin:

MARS Hydro 600w is set to 22in (I think this is ok for now)
View attachment 711194

Thanks everyone for your help so far! :thanks:

I use my 600w on my last 2 grows, Go a min of 30" at the start or they will start out short and compact, not much distance between the nodes. I found this out on my first grow, had my light at about 21". Change it to 30" on the next and had a much better stretch from the girls at the start.

Sent from mTalk

Hey @NugNoob just found your thread mate. Looking good and you're off to an awesome start brother :d5: :pass:

I agree with the pot smoking slacker above @Slater about the led height. I stunted the crap outta my first lot with my led too close. Seems to be an issue with blurple. Many people do want shorter plants though so depends what you're after.

Is this your grow journal now buddy?

pot smoking slacker above @Slater

giphy11.gif

Hey @NugNoob just found your thread mate. Looking good and you're off to an awesome start brother :d5: :pass:

I agree with the pot smoking slacker above @Slater about the led height. I stunted the crap outta my first lot with my led too close. Seems to be an issue with blurple. Many people do want shorter plants though so depends what you're after.

Is this your grow journal now buddy?

Good to know! Ill make a new post with the details and pics a little better organized abd such once they actuakly pop out to confirm that there will be an actual grow (so scared that ill mess up or already have for some reason lol) and ill call that the journal, ill also simotaneously start a grow diary and try to keep that up to date. Thanks!

I use my 600w on my last 2 grows, Go a min of 30" at the start or they will start out short and compact, not much distance between the nodes. I found this out on my first grow, had my light at about 21". Change it to 30" on the next and had a much better stretch from the girls at the start.

Sent from mTalk

Thanks man! Raising her up now!

Also I think I can barely make out the shells poking out the surface of the soil now, good news! Should I spray with a bottle some water every few hours or if the soil around them are damp is that fine just leave them alone?

I've seen videos on the tube where they do this and others say just leave em the f*ck alone and only water a little when getting dry.

Thanks guys so much!

Back