A few questions about AFs, and ethos AFs in particular...

So it looks like you can't actually buy seeds through the Mephisto site other than a very limited quantity of whatever they are dropping once a week, and as their seeds are prohibitively uneconomical elsewhere, I'll be going all ethos on this particular grow.
Maybe try contacting them through the website or social media. I've definitely seen 100 packs of seeds from them :shrug:

So it looks like you can't actually buy seeds through the Mephisto site other than a very limited quantity of whatever they are dropping once a week, and as their seeds are prohibitively uneconomical elsewhere, I'll be going all ethos on this particular grow.
May have been worth grabbing your limit today. Just to at least get an idea of what they’re like. I haven’t run ethos autos but I’m sure you would not be disappointed with the Mephisto stuff on offer today.

I got 3 10 packs of the illuminautos strains and 15 free seeds. Definitely worth the money I spent IMO

May have been worth grabbing your limit today. Just to at least get an idea of what they’re like. I haven’t run ethos autos but I’m sure you would not be disappointed with the Mephisto stuff on offer today.
I did look at those, but it seems like they are kinda unknowns with zero information or an idea of what to expect. I'm not really interested in being a beta tester for something that's my livelihood rather than a hobby. I'm definitely looking forward to trying their more developed lines at some point. I'm confused as to why they list their other lines with prices and pack size though, if you can't order them through thier site. An i missing something here?

I did look at those, but it seems like they are kinda unknowns with zero information or an idea of what to expect. I'm not really interested in being a beta tester for something that's my livelihood rather than a hobby. I'm definitely looking forward to trying their more developed lines at some point. I'm confused as to why they list their other lines with prices and pack size though, if you can't order them through thier site. An i missing something here?
As others have said, there are ways to get seeds from them in bulk. It’s worth looking into.

They do random drops of strains on a weekly basis. I can't remember how many plants you said you needed to grow, but likely on the "retail" site you won't get nearly enough of one strain that you need, or want, anyway as I believe they are limited to one per pack size per order. Or something like that. In other words if you want 500 mango smile seeds, for example, you couldn't buy it on the retail customer site anyhow.

I get where you're coming from about doing it for a living and not being a beta-tester. Have you tried messaging @stan_mephisto to see what the options are for commercial growers?

I get where you're coming from about doing it for a living and not being a beta-tester. Have you tried messaging @stan_mephisto to see what the options are for commercial growers?
I don't know if it was Stan or not, but I did message the company via their site. They informed me that they no longer sell directly (except for their untested weekly drops), and had ceased selling bulk. No other site I visited on their list did either. I did order from a west coast based vendor however, who is selling 7 seed packs for a decent price, but they only had 3 of the strains I was interested in, so i bought 2 packs each of sour stomper, Samsquantch og, and mango smile. The other 100 or so plants will be from the Ethos line (banana daddy, ethos og, pina, zweet, and lilac diesel). I was hoping to try SODK and hubbabubbahaze and/or hubbabubbasmelloscope (though i wasn't looking forward to sharpieing that onto the cryobags, I'll tell you). The Walter white looked good too. I might try to find some of those in smaller packs just to throw out there still. Reversing is easy enough if i like what I see in any of what I already ordered. I don't mind setting a little space aside for RnD and just screwing around, but these days things are so competitive that I've really got to stay on the ball with predictable quality to stay afloat. I'm hoping these autos from mephisto can inject something new into my line that's hard to find and distinctive enough to keep people excited. Funny enough, I'm not actually running anything Ethos in my room anymore, and haven't for over a year. I've got several cuts from Beleaf 2.0 and a good amount of Solfire currently (love their stuff). This is what typically comes outta my room :
IMG_20220315_153651132.jpg

It looks like some of the Mephisto stuff has the potential to be right on par with it... Maybe even better, who knows.

I don't know if it was Stan or not, but I did message the company via their site. They informed me that they no longer sell directly (except for their untested weekly drops), and had ceased selling bulk. No other site I visited on their list did either. I did order from a west coast based vendor however, who is selling 7 seed packs for a decent price, but they only had 3 of the strains I was interested in, so i bought 2 packs each of sour stomper, Samsquantch og, and mango smile. The other 100 or so plants will be from the Ethos line (banana daddy, ethos og, pina, zweet, and lilac diesel). I was hoping to try SODK and hubbabubbahaze and/or hubbabubbasmelloscope (though i wasn't looking forward to sharpieing that onto the cryobags, I'll tell you). The Walter white looked good too. I might try to find some of those in smaller packs just to throw out there still. Reversing is easy enough if i like what I see in any of what I already ordered. I don't mind setting a little space aside for RnD and just screwing around, but these days things are so competitive that I've really got to stay on the ball with predictable quality to stay afloat. I'm hoping these autos from mephisto can inject something new into my line that's hard to find and distinctive enough to keep people excited. Funny enough, I'm not actually running anything Ethos in my room anymore, and haven't for over a year. I've got several cuts from Beleaf 2.0 and a good amount of Solfire currently (love their stuff). This is what typically comes outta my room :View attachment 1448403
It looks like some of the Mephisto stuff has the potential to be right on par with it... Maybe even better, who knows.

Might want to look into Gnome Automatics as well.

**Update**
I've got to say, it looks like a good thing I went predominantly Ethos. All 100 seeds were quick to pop and are now vigorously thriving, while Mephisto stuff hasn't fared nearly as well, with 4 of 10 sour stompers failing to germ, and 3 of 10 mango smiles suffering the same fate. Only 1 of the 10 Samsquantch og didn't make it though. Fortunately, the Ethos freebies popped as well, to make up the shortfall. All hoops are in place, all soil delivered, and the irrigation system will be set up this week, along with the channel and wiggle wire for the GH film. Target date to transfer to outside scheduled to be June 1st to avoid possible late frosts.

Big things. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Back